Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

The Exams Thread

Good luck to everyone getting there A-levels.

Bit of advice, think carefully about your next steps.especially those on their way to uni. I choose a fairly lucrative career. However, I didn't research exactly what the job entailed. Trying to find an alternative career when your thirty is not as easy as it once was.

All good now, I work for myself and take Fridays off!

No but seriously, research exactly what you want to do before going ahead.

A second choice is not the end of the world. I got my second choice, have now graduated and gone into full time work with prospects. A degree is just a means to an end in most cases, providing you get a good qualification of degree. Good luck with the next 3 years, and make the most of the first year before the slog of the final 2!

Accepted into University of Leicester to study History and Politics.  :thumbup:

I could never leave my beloved city and team behind, so this works perfectly!  :wub:

I have a friend there who does that and loves it.

My sister got 4A*'s having been rejected by Oxford - great admissions process...

Which was?

To study what? 

To study Economics at UCL. Entry requirements were A*AA with the A* in Maths. I got the A* in Economics and my Maths wasn't good really.

You should give them a call. I didn't call my first choice, I just accepted my second (and very safe choice), I regretted not trying to fight for my place.

A lot of people have said that but it won't get me any further forward because my Maths simply wasn't good enough, I mean I guess its worth a try but rejection for a 2nd time won't be pleasant. 

The word 'rejection' should not sit in the same sentence as those grades. That is an outstanding result and I hope you feel proud of yourself

No I am certainly proud and I was a couple of marks off an A* in Geography too so I can't be too downbeat about it. Just gutted to not be going where I really want so it makes it difficult. We'll see if ringing them will help me

To study Economics at UCL. Entry requirements were A*AA with the A* in Maths. I got the A* in Economics and my Maths wasn't good really.

A lot of people have said that but it won't get me any further forward because my Maths simply wasn't good enough, I mean I guess its worth a try but rejection for a 2nd time won't be pleasant. 

No I am certainly proud and I was a couple of marks off an A* in Geography too so I can't be too downbeat about it. Just gutted to not be going where I really want so it makes it difficult. We'll see if ringing them will help me

Definitely worth ringing - if you don't ask and all that.

Will you want to go to your second choice?

Definitely worth ringing - if you don't ask and all that.

Will you want to go to your second choice?

They're in that adjustment thing for the first time ever so they clearly have spaces. Thing is I probably would still have got in as an international student because of the extra they pay.

I did actually quite like Birmingham before my UCL offer came but then my heart became set on UCL and so the disappointment is getting in the way. I'm sure over time I'll get used to the idea

They're in that adjustment thing for the first time ever so they clearly have spaces. Thing is I probably would still have got in as an international student because of the extra they pay.

I did actually quite like Birmingham before my UCL offer came but then my heart became set on UCL and so the disappointment is getting in the way. I'm sure over time I'll get used to the idea

I wouldn't go somewhere unless your heart is in it myself though. Nothing worse than going to uni and hating it which is what I was like at Newcastle (I chose that over Durham for some stupid reason).

I am currently at Birmingham and got to say its a very good university. I was in the same boat as you with birm as my insurance but instead had warwick as my firm.

If you do choose birmingham start looking for accommodation. Last year they had too many students and I was left finding my own accommodation very late on

I wouldn't go somewhere unless your heart is in it myself though. Nothing worse than going to uni and hating it which is what I was like at Newcastle (I chose that over Durham for some stupid reason).

I really have no clue what to do at the moment.

I am currently at Birmingham and got to say its a very good university. I was in the same boat as you with birm as my insurance but instead had warwick as my firm.

If you do choose birmingham start looking for accommodation. Last year they had too many students and I was left finding my own accommodation very late on

Well what do you recommend to get the ball rolling? I knew that'd be a problem but kind of hoped they'd have room for me.

Wish I'd just accepted Birmingham's unconditional now, no getting my hopes up, priority accommodation, an extra thousand pounds and no disappointment.

I really have no clue what to do at the moment.

Well what do you recommend to get the ball rolling? I knew that'd be a problem but kind of hoped they'd have room for me.

Wish I'd just accepted Birmingham's unconditional now, no getting my hopes up, priority accommodation, an extra thousand pounds and no disappointment.

Depends how much you want to spend. I would recommend getting on the waiting list for liberty courts ASAP. This is where they put the students who had firm offer when there was nothing left on campus. The spaces left were given to insurance students but there was a waiting lift

If you are willing to spend alot on accommodation then theres mansion brook/ac collegiate which are both very close to the uni(much closer than if you were on campus)

Archived