Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

St Ledger in 'shop window' at Wembley after Leicester blow

Be careful what you wish for fella, I've heard we are in for Titus Bramble.

Not a wind up either.

I'm certainly not wishing for Titus Bramble, I just want us to get rid of an overrated, overpaid flop. 

Pearson's got a good track record in signing CB's - Wes Morgan's been one of our best players this season. If he signs a replacement for SSL who is half as good as Morgan's been for us, we'll be laughing.

I will be sad to see him leave, I think he has been harshly criticized by some fans on this forum. Fans were calling for him to start when he got fit, and were very proud of his performance at Cardiff when he did come back, one bad performance against Derby in front of cameras, then fans got on his back again, and said he isn't good enough. He was a good defender, who improved dramatically at the back end of the 11/12 season, and started 12/13 season pretty well alongside Wes until he got injured. 

But it's understandable that we really need to get him off our books wages wise, I'm sure Pearson will look to keep Morgan and Whitbread, as Whitbread's wages are probably much lesser than St Ledger's. 

Think we now need to get in two centre backs, someone cheaper from the Championship, then maybe someone young like we had with Michael Keane.

Easy to replace. An average Championship centre back. A millwall level player that's paid too much and sadly for him hit an injury bug.

Thanks for trying SSL. Goodbye.

I will be sad to see him leave, I think he has been harshly criticized by some fans on this forum. Fans were calling for him to start when he got fit, and were very proud of his performance at Cardiff when he did come back, one bad performance against Derby in front of cameras, then fans got on his back again, and said he isn't good enough. He was a good defender, who improved dramatically at the back end of the 11/12 season, and started 12/13 season pretty well alongside Wes until he got injured. 

But it's understandable that we really need to get him off our books wages wise, I'm sure Pearson will look to keep Morgan and Whitbread, as Whitbread's wages are probably much lesser than St Ledger's. 

Think we now need to get in two centre backs, someone cheaper from the Championship, then maybe someone young like we had with Michael Keane.

+1

He was steady, but that's about it, a fully fit Zak Whitbread is better IMO anyway.

Yes in theory but in reality no f**king chance because he won't last 20 games let alone 46 not Saying St Ledger is either.

But simply we need a central defender that is going to last the whole season alongside Morgan.

Yes in theory but in reality no f**king chance because he won't last 20 games let alone 46 not Saying St Ledger is either.

But simply we need a central defender that is going to last the whole season alongside Morgan.

Is that possible to guarantee? 

Here we go!

Plebs on here with their "He's Sh**" rubbish whenever a player is about to leave our club.

Credit it to him, at least he always wanted to play and wasn't prepared to sit and take the money like other signings.

I can see Wes, Kasper going too,

We really needed to change the manager, a bad start and we could be looking for a new manager mid season, what good is that?

don't call me a pleb you moron!

some people rate him,others don't,when we signed him i said that i didn't rate him then and in most of his performances in a city shirt, he didn't do anything to change my opinion of him!

Why would anyone WANT to leave a job that has paid big money for doing nothing?

His only incentive is that it may affect his international career - but then again he does play for a third world football nation, so probably not.

I would really like to see Pearson pick out another gem, someone in the mould of Winston Reid of West Ham, of course not Winston Reid himself because he is absolutely class, but I really liked what West Ham did, they were impressed with him at the World Cup then they picked him up from Norway, and has turned out to be a fantastic signing for them and is now their captain isn't he and won their player of the year this season.

If Pearson could pick a gem up, like West Ham did with Winston Reid I would be really happy.

How some people can claim St Ledger is rubbish is beyond me.

He must be an international footballer by absolute chance, a decent country too, not exactly a token team.

They can claim it because they have seen him play. He's been bang average.

Archived