Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

St Ledger in 'shop window' at Wembley after Leicester blow

And he'd fit in well there. A team with mid championship table aspirations. He can give them some experience and leadership and an "international" name to throw around.

Hope he has a blinder tonight and scores twice ensuring us a decent fee and his wages off the books.

It's quite likely, if he's fit, as he might be just about be the only player actually bothered that much !

I rate him as a player, and I think he is solid at this level, but I do doubt his attitude. What went off at Posh for them not to like him? Was it more than just jumping ship? Also, 'Boro terminated his loan (after 93 days) because he apparently fell out with Strachan.

I slightly rate him better than De Laet - this doesn't mean that De Laet is poor, because De Laet is better when he moves forward with the ball than he is defensively.

St ledger looked like a right donkey in the euros. If he plays tonight I can see him being out of his depth, slow and cumbersome with a bad pass and first touch against England, ok for mid table championship but way out of his depth against 'quality' opposition.

Good job they're playing England then!

Grow up children!

Thought SSL did well overall, good enought for our 1st team anyday.

Shock horror... Seans biggest fan ignores the howler of the night.

Now it's gone from good "enough for the premier" and "best defender in this league" to "good enough for us though"... At this rate he'll be good enough for the Blue Square Premier come next year!

I was at wembley last night and he played well against premiership opposition.

He must be on mega bucks. If we replace him with Keane I'll be gutted, Keane wasn't good enough over the last 10 games and showed his youth in the end

Lets not kid ourselves. He was poor last night. At some point in a game, every defender will make a tackle, win a header or clear a cross. That isnt what constitutes good defending or means the player has had a good game.

He did basic things well when required and that was it. The one occassion where he was required to do something under a little bitnof pressure, he made himself look a prize tit.

Many times a short ball to a midfielder was on and he chose to hoof. Our other defenders are vilified for this so SSL should be no different.

There's a reason why at his age, we're the biggest team he's ever played for and we saw that reason last night.

Dogshit.

Archived