Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

St Ledger in 'shop window' at Wembley after Leicester blow

Guest MattP

My concerns with Sven first arose when he was rumoured to sign Ball and Fat Johnno from that moment I thought has he f**king lost his marbles and he had! 

I honestly couldn't believe it when he signed Michael Ball.

We signed far too square pegs in round holes, we had about 7-8 centre midfielders and Sven though he good get away with it by implementing the 4-3-2-1 Barcelona system by shifting strikers out wide up top. Sven is the only one who can take the blame for that.

What did he con them out of? Can you even begin to imagine the utter horseshit that must have been coming out of his mouth why he was telling Neville and Top he needed another centre midfield player, that we needed Michael Ball, that these guys were actually worth the money that we had put them on. Course he knew what we were paying them and it was his era.

He conned everyone, we all fell for it, fortunately it only took me a couple of months or so to see this sweetshop management was completely irresponsible and going to end in disaster. I think I even argued with you over one of your blog posts about it.

I've already explained that people automatically assume that Sven didn't want width and deliberately choose to go with that formation. He didn't get any wingers, because nobody wanted to sell their best commodities, but only for a song. We were going to get pushed over a barrel if we wanted one that might be available.

It seems to me that most promotion sides that have gone up then and now have decent wingers. I'm not saying that all that Sven did was right but the balanced viewpoint seems to want to blame him for all our current ails or predicament. Then there are fools who want to scrap the reversal of the owners mistakes by getting rid of NP.

I do despair.

Guest MattP

I've already explained that people automatically assume that Sven didn't want width and deliberately choose to go with that formation. He didn't get any wingers, because nobody wanted to sell their best commodities, but only for a song. We were going to get pushed over a barrel if we wanted one that might be available.

It seems to me that most promotion sides that have gone up then and now have decent wingers. I'm not saying that all that Sven did was right but the balanced viewpoint seems to want to blame him for all our current ails or predicament. Then there are fools who want to scrap the reversal of the owners mistakes by getting rid of NP.

I do despair.

:thumbup:

They wanted to reduce his wages. He wasn't keen. We move on. A good player but by no means irreplaceable. 

That says it all, money grabbing bastard, he won't get better wages at this level F**K him and Good Riddance.

How anyone can claim he's not been very average for Leicester of that he's worth anywhere near what he's being paid is beyond me.

Some of the other luminaries currently playing for ROI include David Fforde, Richard Keogh, Darren O'Dea, Paul McShane, Jeff Hendrick, Andy Keogh and Connor Sammon - I wouldn't have any of those duffers in my team. Just because you've got a few caps for some tinpot country doesn't automatically make you a good player.

Tinpot country? Explain.

Tinpot country? Explain.

I think he means their footballing record is far from impressive/respectable.

This. Plus they're so desperate for players they select Brummies who can barely get a game in the Championship.

Agreed on moore but Whitbread ? he is dross.

I wouldn't say he's dross. He wasn't amazing last season, I'll agree, but you need some level of talent to be able to impress in the PL and he made about 20 appearances in a fairly decent Norwich side which finished mid table. It's all down to his injuries and whether we can get him fit and back to his best - I'd like to see what he can do after the benefit of a summer off and a full pre-season, I think we definitely haven't seen the best of him and he could still have a role to play for us.

There's not really much risk in keeping him either, I doubt he's on massive wages. I would definitely be looking at another first choice defender though, as we can't really rely on Moore and Whitbread. I would like someone like Shittu from Millwall, think him and Morgs could dominate in the Championship. Wouldn't be averse to seeing Jack Hobbs come back if Hull decide he's surplus to requirements too.

How much do you think SSL gets paid?

The only figures I've seen quoted is £20,000 a week, back from when SSL had his bust up with Pearson and Top:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Leicester-Sean-St-Ledger-transfer-listed-after-Boxing-Day-row-with-Nigel-Pearson-article847265.html

Pearson and Raksriaksorn have both decided to take drastic action by telling the £20,000-a-week star to leave the club in January.

This. Plus they're so desperate for players they select Brummies who can barely get a game in the Championship.

I wouldn't say he's dross. He wasn't amazing last season, I'll agree, but you need some level of talent to be able to impress in the PL and he made about 20 appearances in a fairly decent Norwich side which finished mid table. It's all down to his injuries and whether we can get him fit and back to his best - I'd like to see what he can do after the benefit of a summer off and a full pre-season, I think we definitely haven't seen the best of him and he could still have a role to play for us.

There's not really much risk in keeping him either, I doubt he's on massive wages. I would definitely be looking at another first choice defender though, as we can't really rely on Moore and Whitbread. I would like someone like Shittu from Millwall, think him and Morgs could dominate in the Championship. Wouldn't be averse to seeing Jack Hobbs come back if Hull decide he's surplus to requirements too.

Ok point taken , don't suppose he is on much money so worth another season as back up. :thumbup:

He is a fairly decent CB at championship level regarding he stays fit

Shame his injury came when he was forging a decent partnership with Wes.

May have a couple of quid for him to score tonight myself, a header from a corner.

^ seems legit

And he'd fit in well there. A team with mid championship table aspirations. He can give them some experience and leadership and an "international" name to throw around.

Hope he has a blinder tonight and scores twice ensuring us a decent fee and his wages off the books.

St ledger looked like a right donkey in the euros. If he plays tonight I can see him being out of his depth, slow and cumbersome with a bad pass and first touch against England, ok for mid table championship but way out of his depth against 'quality' opposition.

Archived