Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

St Ledger in 'shop window' at Wembley after Leicester blow

In my opinion he is much better than anyone we will bring in. Also like the fact he was born in birmingham yet plays for ireland and also where the article say St Ledger (right) and there isn't a picture of him.

He was born in Birmingham? What's your point?

How the hell can you say he's better than anyone we can bring in.

How some people can claim St Ledger is rubbish is beyond me.

He must be an international footballer by absolute chance, a decent country too, not exactly a token team.

How anyone can claim he's not been very average for Leicester of that he's worth anywhere near what he's being paid is beyond me.

Some of the other luminaries currently playing for ROI include David Fforde, Richard Keogh, Darren O'Dea, Paul McShane, Jeff Hendrick, Andy Keogh and Connor Sammon - I wouldn't have any of those duffers in my team. Just because you've got a few caps for some tinpot country doesn't automatically make you a good player.

Thought he was decent, came in as cover and did well for a few games and that one slip at home to Burnley (Can't really remember who) cost him his place at Leicester. Ever since with Michael Keane coming in, its been harder for him to get into the side.

Think he's been fairly unlucky with all the injuries and not being given the chance that he's probably deserved. He would be quality in most championship sides imo, but I just see Pearson doing exactly the same, as has been proven with other players...

How anyone can claim he's not been very average for Leicester of that he's worth anywhere near what he's being paid is beyond me.

Some of the other luminaries currently playing for ROI include David Fforde, Richard Keogh, Darren O'Dea, Paul McShane, Jeff Hendrick, Andy Keogh and Connor Sammon - I wouldn't have any of those duffers in my team. Just because you've got a few caps for some tinpot country doesn't automatically make you a good player.

I would take Richard Keogh over every defender at Leicester apart from Wes of course. 

Bang average is surely better than rubbish?

Not when you combine that with how much he's being paid.

I don't think he's a rubbish player, but he's definitely been a rubbish signing for Leicester when you consider that he's done next to nothing here and he's cost us an absolute fortune.

I rate him. Our defence was solid enough when he played alongside Morgan at the start of the season... However, there must be something with himself or his attitude. Peterborough don't seem to like him for what he did there, and Middlesbrough didn't sign him after a loan spell (although I recall Southgate got sacked anyway).

Certainly a better player than Whitbread, imo.

I will be sad to see him leave, I think he has been harshly criticized by some fans on this forum. Fans were calling for him to start when he got fit, and were very proud of his performance at Cardiff when he did come back, one bad performance against Derby in front of cameras, then fans got on his back again, and said he isn't good enough. He was a good defender, who improved dramatically at the back end of the 11/12 season, and started 12/13 season pretty well alongside Wes until he got injured. 

But it's understandable that we really need to get him off our books wages wise, I'm sure Pearson will look to keep Morgan and Whitbread, as Whitbread's wages are probably much lesser than St Ledger's. 

Think we now need to get in two centre backs, someone cheaper from the Championship, then maybe someone young like we had with Michael Keane.

:blink:  You feeling alright?! Pretty much a flawless post with no controversy  :P

I get the impression with St. Ledger that he needs to either be the main man or know that he is going to have to scrap for his place. If he thinks that he's somewhere in between and its likely he'll be in the team that's when he starts making shocking errors and thats the big thing thats stopped him from playing at a higher level. Too error prone

:blink:  You feeling alright?! Pretty much a flawless post with no controversy  :P

Course I'm feeling alright, I make reasonable posts now and then, but people just think I'm a massive t**t who posts rubbish 24/7, they don't see these types of posts by me often enough.

Oh Kingfox is a tool, he posts rubbish, if those idiots look at these types of posts, and some of the threads I have made in the past, or the comments I make after matches, and comments on players such as Matty James then they might change their opinions on me.

Yes this is a rant, but I'm beginning to get pissed off. 

who are all  these clowns who think once we get 'big earners' off the wage bill that will free up money to get 'good' players in.

we have to get the wage bill down just to get close to the ffp limits.

other clubs are in  the same boat so  they won't be falling over themselves to pay big money for our cast offs.

if np is here at the start of the season, he will be working on a showstring budget, with a small squad of mainly young players.

we will pick up lower league players to replace any  that leave that work within our wage structure, and loanees.

next season has mid table written all over it already.

who are all  these clowns who think once we get 'big earners' off the wage bill that will free up money to get 'good' players in.

other clubs are in  the same boat so  they won't be falling over themselves to pay big money for our cast offs.

if np is here at the start of the season, he will be working on a showstring budget, with a small squad of mainly young players.

we will pick up lower league players to replace any  that leave that work within our wage structure, and loanees.

If the wages of Beckford, Danns, Konchesky, St Ledger, Gallagher and Wellens are off our books it will save us - literally - millions of pounds. The wages of the rest of our players aren't so bad in comparison, so if we manage to cut costs signifcantly, there's no reason why some of those savings can't be reinvested in the playing squad via wages and transfer fees - we don't know exactly whereabouts the club is in terms of meeting FFP targets, so claiming that there will be nothing to spend is jumping the gun a bit really.

This scenario where we will have to rely on 'lower league signings' seems highly pessimistic to me. There are plenty of out of contract players who would enhance our squad significantly and if you know where to look - and it seems that Nigel and his team do - there are always bargains to be had as well.

I expect there will be a fair bit of movement outwards - hopefulyl we can finally get rid of a few of these financial drains on the club - and I would expect us to spend, but probably nowhere near the same levels as recent seasons and - hopefully - a lot more shrewdly.

More Wes Morgans and fewer Matt Mills please.

who are all these clowns who think once we get 'big earners' off the wage bill that will free up money to get 'good' players in.

other clubs are in the same boat so they won't be falling over themselves to pay big money for our cast offs.

we will pick up lower league players to replace any that leave that work within our wage structure, and loanees.

We got 6th place and a penalty kick away from Wembley with the current crop, a few new players, which don't have to be expensive either, plenty of good free agents or players not in the squad for the promoted teams ie Cameron Stewart.

A good pre-season for Wood and Nugent along with a couple of new faces and we'll be fine. We're not Portsmouth ffs.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure some people said exactly the same thing, this time last year.

Sven and the Board in 'ridiculous wages for very average players' shocker!!

As I've said, the 'Sven Revolution' will haunt the club for years to come.

I think SSL is ok. Nothing more.

But with FFP it's about value for money.... Beckford, Danns, SSL, Wellens don't nearly warrant what they are earning. In fact they are miles off in this respect.

At least City now seems to be run with some business sense.

Again, I guess, it shows the difficult job Pearson was left with when he agreed to come back. In footballing terms, he'd have been wiser to have stayed at Hull.

Sven and the Board in 'ridiculous wages for very average players' shocker!!

As I've said, the 'Sven Revolution' will haunt the club for years to come.

I think SSL is ok. Nothing more.

But with FFP it's about value for money.... Beckford, Danns, SSL, Wellens don't nearly warrant what they are earning. In fact they are miles off in this respect.

At least City now seems to be run with some business sense.

Again, I guess, it shows the difficult job Pearson was left with when he agreed to come back. In footballing terms, he'd have been wiser to have stayed at Hull.

Now it's 'Sven and the Board' who are the ones who gave away the lucrative contracts. :rolleyes:  Whilst that's a little bit of progress. It's not the factual truth though is it. Though it mut please you to continue to sing that repetitive out of tune song.

Guest MattP

Now it's 'Sven and the Board' who are the ones who gave away the lucrative contracts. :rolleyes:  Whilst that's a little bit of progress. It's not the factual truth though is it. Though it mut please you to continue to sing that repetitive out of tune song.

You are right, the board gave out the contracts. Sven conned the board no doubt, but the buck does stop with the guy signing the cheques.

What a joke the whole situation was, how on earth did they all get away with it?

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he left.

He's not the worst player we've ever had neither has he ever been any more than average, just as I thought he was when he was at Preston.

We need to recoup some money so we can sign a good centre back to partner Morgan.

You are right, the board gave out the contracts. Sven conned the board no doubt, but the buck does stop with the guy signing the cheques.

What a joke the whole situation was, how on earth did they all get away with it?

With what exactly?

Neville was put in a shite position by our owners declaring how much we intended on spending, £10m, and more in the pot should we need it. He was always going to lose in that situation, but the pressure to sign players clearly clouded his judgement under the pressure of pulling together a team that would instantly succeed.

We never signed what we needed most, as I've stated on other threads - width, as good quality wingers are not a dime a dozen. They are rare commodities that team's who do have them, if they sell will sell them for a serious premium, even more that we were willing to spend in those silly money days, in my view.

I'm not saying Sven should be bereft of criticism, as morons tend to bleat, but the fallacy that the money situation is his solely his fault, ands using words like Sven-era, to insinuate so, is not only childish, but senseless.

We are now struggling to reduce our wage bill, as loose lips, loose cheques, and a loose dressing room have prevailed over the course of the last 3 years.

I watched and listened to NP first interview over and over again. I was sad enough to edit all the um's out of it.

It's obvious he was brought in to stabilise, reduce, and build from the bottom, as he did with Hull. There's still work to do. It was clear this might take time, we obviously have more big name charlies than Hull did.

Guest MattP

We signed far too square pegs in round holes, we had about 7-8 centre midfielders and Sven though he good get away with it by implementing the 4-3-2-1 Barcelona system by shifting strikers out wide up top. Sven is the only one who can take the blame for that.

What did he con them out of? Can you even begin to imagine the utter horseshit that must have been coming out of his mouth why he was telling Neville and Top he needed another centre midfield player, that we needed Michael Ball, that these guys were actually worth the money that we had put them on. Course he knew what we were paying them and it was his era.

He conned everyone, we all fell for it, fortunately it only took me a couple of months or so to see this sweetshop management was completely irresponsible and going to end in disaster. I think I even argued with you over one of your blog posts about it.

Course I'm feeling alright, I make reasonable posts now and then, but people just think I'm a massive t**t who posts rubbish 24/7, they don't see these types of posts by me often enough.

Oh Kingfox is a tool, he posts rubbish, if those idiots look at these types of posts, and some of the threads I have made in the past, or the comments I make after matches, and comments on players such as Matty James then they might change their opinions on me.

Yes this is a rant, but I'm beginning to get pissed off. 

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :D

We signed far too square pegs in round holes, we had about 7-8 centre midfielders and Sven though he good get away with it by implementing the 4-3-2-1 Barcelona system by shifting strikers out wide up top. Sven is the only one who can take the blame for that.

What did he con them out of? Can you even begin to imagine the utter horseshit that must have been coming out of his mouth why he was telling Neville and Top he needed another centre midfield player, that we needed Michael Ball, that these guys were actually worth the money that we had put them on. Course he knew what we were paying them and it was his era.

He conned everyone, we all fell for it, fortunately it only took me a couple of months or so to see this sweetshop management was completely irresponsible and going to end in disaster. I think I even argued with you over one of your blog posts about it.

My concerns with Sven first arose when he was rumoured to sign Ball and Fat Johnno from that moment I thought has he f**king lost his marbles and he had! 

Archived