Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

St Ledger in 'shop window' at Wembley after Leicester blow

Interesting, must be one of the players we need to sell before we buy.

Also suggests that NP is here next season if he's not in the plans.

Good news, and not surprising.

Hope we can also ship out Beckford, Danns, Wellens, Gallagher and Konchesky. That would slash the wage bill and give us a much bigger budget for the new season, without affecting the first team at all.

Reputable source and direct quotations - possibly the first bit of credible information to be published since Watford.

I assume this means that:

- St. Ledger will go (unlike some, it doesn't sound like he'd be happy to stay as a bench player)

- Pearson will stay, or St. Ledger wouldn't have been told not to expect 1st team football

- We're definitely going to bring in a new centre half

- Hopefully, there is no expectation of Wes Morgan leaving (barring a silly offer from a Premier League club)

That all seems like fairly good news to me.

What it means for Whitbread is unclear. Might mean that he's going to be given another chance with a pre-season behind him - and he's probably worth that gamble as a back-up who might come good and force himself into the team...

Reputable source and direct quotations - possibly the first bit of credible information to be published since Watford.

I assume this means that:

- St. Ledger will go (unlike some, it doesn't sound like he'd be happy to stay as a bench player)

- Pearson will stay, or St. Ledger wouldn't have been told not to expect 1st team football

- We're definitely going to bring in a new centre half

- Hopefully, there is no expectation of Wes Morgan leaving (barring a silly offer from a Premier League club)

That all seems like fairly good news to me.

What it means for Whitbread is unclear. Might mean that he's going to be given another chance with a pre-season behind him - and he's probably worth that gamble as a back-up who might come good and force himself into the team...

Good post, agree.

I like SSL and think he's a solid Championship defender, but he isn't going to get any better.

We need to look for a younger defender on lower wages to replace him and partner the Premier League class Morgan.

I can see him going to Millwall again.

Surprised? He was injured for most of it.

Obviously I meant when fit, such as the last couple of months of the season when we were shipping 2 goals a match and crying out for another calm head at the back

I'd be delighted if we backed our own and gave Liam Moore a first team spot. He'll make mistakes, they all do, but his commitment will never be in doubt

I'm not sure why my post was underlined. It wasn't a vain attempt to emphasise the wisdom of my post, honest!

Never rated him,only played decent a couple of times for us

Here we go!

Plebs on here with their "He's Sh**" rubbish whenever a player is about to leave our club.

Credit it to him, at least he always wanted to play and wasn't prepared to sit and take the money like other signings.

I can see Wes, Kasper going too,

We really needed to change the manager, a bad start and we could be looking for a new manager mid season, what good is that?

Pretty much expected I'd have said. It's probably safe to say that along with Danns and Beckford, Ledge is one of those players who Pearson doesn't think can justify the wages he's on.

If we get rid of these boys I'll actually be feeling pretty confident about next season. A big factor this season was that our squad was just too small. If we can offload 4 or 5 high earners we might be able to get in 6 or 7 good players and have a larger and more competitive squad

- hopefully with a lower wage bill too.

Here we go!

Plebs on here with their "He's Sh**" rubbish whenever a player is about to leave our club.

Credit it to him, at least he always wanted to play and wasn't prepared to sit and take the money like other signings.

I can see Wes, Kasper going too,

We really needed to change the manager, a bad start and we could be looking for a new manager mid season, what good is that?

It's not rubbish if it's true. He has been a very poor player for us when you consider what we've invested in him in terms of wages.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/st-ledger-in-shop-window-at-wembley-after-leicester-blow-29300627.html

SEAN ST LEDGER is on the lookout for a new club after being told that he is surplus to requirements at Leicester.

The Ireland international has struggled to find a club manager who has provided him the same support as Giovanni Trapattoni, and faces packing his bags again after a season marred by injury which concluded with an unexpected loan stint atMillwall.

St Ledger (pictured right) has suffered bad luck since a planned big-money move from Preston toMiddlesbrough in 2009 became a short-term loan stint when Gareth Southgate was replaced by Gordon Strachan.

Sven-Goran Eriksson then brought him to Leicester before being shown the door, with the centre-half unable to get a regular run in the team under the Swede's replacement, Nigel Pearson.

"I must be a curse for managers," he sighed yesterday ahead of the Wembleyfriendly with England, which takes on added significance as he needs to impress potential buyers.

The Birmingham-born defender has a year remaining on his contract. "I am surplus to requirements at Leicester. They've said I'm not going to play too much next season and yeah, to try and find a new club," he said.

"I have to wait and see what happens. I'm happy at Leicester and wouldn't want to leave but when you are told that then sometimes you have to accept it.

"I haven't played much for the last two seasons. I'm 28 now, I want to play as much as I can, week in, week out, and if that's not going to be the case you have accept that and move on.

"There's no offers at the moment, I'm not really concentrating on that. We have four games now and obviously playing in England, it's a bit of a shop window and we will go from there.

"International football has been a release for me. I've been very, very fortunate to play so many games and if I play Wednesday, and hopefully play well, then we'll see what happens."

The boyhood Aston Villa man is pleased to be reunited with his old defensive colleague Richard Dunne this week with the pair remarking on how their partnership has been split up since Euro 2012 due to injury.

"I thought being out for five months was bad," said St Ledger. "I can only imagine what he's gone through. He said to me that it's strange that both of us haven't played a lot from the Euros.

"Whether it's a case of going from the season straight into the Euros, and not having much of a break, maybe that was the reason why."

we must have someone lined up then. who will it be?

I still think St.Ledger's got more to offer, looked quite solid at the back at the beginning of the season with Morgan and we're going to have to buy someone to replace him now.

Should have kept him imo.

It's not rubbish if it's true. He has been a very poor player for us when you consider what we've invested in him in terms of wages.

Be careful what you wish for fella, I've heard we are in for Titus Bramble.

Not a wind up either.

Thanks for trying Sean, but this is a good move. Probably a high-earner yet absolutely bang average at our level. We can do better.

Oh wait but he plays for Ireland so he must be top brass right? Let's sit and watch all these big clubs get into a bidding war for him then.

Archived