Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

The problem I see is that he likes his teams to keep it on the deck, that'll mean a whole new team for Stoke.

The fans who made the Hughes Out banner are clearly a bit thick though, who the hell else are Stoke going to get?!

I'd guess there's few in the current Stoke squad that can play it on the deck given the OK to do so, I'm sure there's plenty of neutrals looking at LCFC would say we were incapable of playing it on the deck especially after our play-off games.

Agree with Finn, and not only because he has the legendary John Tams in Sharpe as his avatar. If he knows anything Hughes knows how to keep average sides in a mid table Premiership state like he did at Blackburn and Fulham (albeit briefly). Yes he couldn't do any worse at QPR this season but remember he kept them up with an awesome run of home wins the season before. Stoke is a perfect fit for him IMO and I think he will prove a lot of Stoke fans wrong.

:thumbup: Fourty shillings on the drum, for those who volunteered to come.

The problem I see is that he likes his teams to keep it on the deck, that'll mean a whole new team for Stoke.

The fans who made the Hughes Out banner are clearly a bit thick though, who the hell else are Stoke going to get?!

I don't see why they need to sign a whole new team - not in one go, anyway - to play basic football. Hughes has never played tiki-taka or any sort of high-octane Kloppesque counter-attacking football. He just likes bog-standard, pragmatic, sensible, British football. Nothing beyond the current Stoke side.

I think he'd have been an uninspiring choice here because I think it requires something a bit special to get out of this league but to just steady a listing ship and strive for the mid-table obscurity Stoke will be happy with I don't think there are any better (likely) candidates for them.

Whelan makes me laugh, I would never stand in Roberto ways. He's going to manage a top side in Europe one day. Now no disrespect to Everton but they're a europa league side at best. He's a good manager with no exceptions and no pressure at Wigan. Massive pressure replacing Moyes.

Whelan makes me laugh, I would never stand in Roberto ways. He's going to manage a top side in Europe one day. Now no disrespect to Everton but they're a europa league side at best. He's a good manager with no exceptions and no pressure at Wigan. Massive pressure replacing Moyes.

Everton are a big club though. And who knows if he does well at Everton, then maybe... Whelan is a good chairman though, and Wigan are a very well run club.

Archived