Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

Wayne Rooney in the Soho Hotel this evening with his family and agent........ Arsenal or Chels? :sweating:

Arsenal.

Anyone see his tweet to Wilshere last week?

He could've meant with England, but surely he knew Wilshere was out injured and will be for a while, hence he couldn't play for a while.

Anyways he deleted it quite soon after. We'll see.

post-11888-0-55739800-1370652332.jpg

Arsenal.

Anyone see his tweet to Wilshere last week?

He could've meant with England, but surely he knew Wilshere was out injured and will be for a while, hence he couldn't play for a while.

Anyways he deleted it quite soon after. We'll see.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

All this could blow over as soon as it started though, but I would quite like to see Rooney play for another side.

Was gonna say its likely for him to go to Arsenal because of the whole Nike thing he's been involved in for a while, but I remembered theyve switched to Puma :teehee:

Cavani is a really classy player, would love to see him in the Prem. If Arsenal sign Higuain as well that will be my two main strikers for fantasy football sorted.  lol

What's hard to understand is why you think that. He's clearly shown enough quality in Serie A with his goalscoring records for Napoli and Palermo. He's definitely physical enough for this league and if he moves will be one of the strongest strikers the Premier League will have next season and onwards. People say Aguero is a natural finisher and that's true. The same can be said for Cavani.

I personally think he'll get 20-25 goals in his first season if he moves to Chelsea, especially with the likes of Hazard, Mata and Oscar helping him out. 

A few of my mates that are United fans and are usually spot on with transfers etc have said that they are nailed on to get Fabregas this summer.

Surely he wouldn't, would he?

Cavani is well average.

Plus players used to Serie A snail's pace football rarely make a successful PL move.

lol

It comes across as a transfer on tilt, they've got the arse after missing out on Falcao.

Possibly but I think they are quite similar players to be honest. Both physical players with a good eye for goal. Obviously the Italian league is slower but I thought the standard of defending in the Prem last season was diabolical so he should get 20+ for the season playing alongside Mata and co

He's got a point though, off the top of my head in the last few years I can't think of any Serie A players who've done particularly well in our league. Balotelli you could argue but he was hardly a sensation on the pitch. Coutinho could break the trend if this 2 or 3 months wasn't a flash in the pan. Struggling after that really. Might be missing some obvious ones (sure everyone will point 'em out if I am, mind!). 

Then you've got the likes of Sheva and Crespo, who, let's be honest are quite rightly held in very high regard in Serie A, who came here and warmed a bench and scored not very many goals at all between them. If Cavani comes to the Prem then great, he's got great potential to be exciting to watch, but he will need to adjust. Serie A is pretty different. 

We'll just ignore his Serie A golden boot then? 

I don't get your point. RvP has won the last two PL golden boots (Suarez and Aguero runners-up respectively), and Tevez won it 2 seasons ago. This is your yardstick for quality yet you dismiss these players as laughable comparisons?

I don't get your point. RvP has won the last two PL golden boots (Suarez and Aguero runners-up respectively), and Tevez won it 2 seasons ago. This is your yardstick for quality yet you dismiss these players as laughable comparisons?

Van Persie fair enough (although given the choice of the two I'd have Cavani)., Aguero I also rate very highly, Tevez isn't close and Suarez is tough to compare. How many times have you seen Cavani play? Out of interest.

If Cavani signs for Chelsea I'll bet anyone he'll win the golden boot.

To be expected really. Don't see any reverse in this trend for years either. £7mil for Aspas or £15mil for Zaha? It really is a no brainer.

Archived