Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2013/14 Stuff it in here!

Papiss Cissé has concerns over Newcastle's new shirt sponsor, a loans company, as it clashes with his Muslim beliefs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22857014

Actually, you don't need to be Muslim to see how ****ed up the idea of a loans company acting as your major shirt sponsor is.

It speaks volumes when such a company offers better deals than a more trustworthy one.

Still baffled as to why club's willingly accept promoting getting easy money and getting into debt at criminal interest rates.

Blackpool had wonga

I mean Villa really! they've made five new signings plus one of them turned down Chelsea.

They made more than 5 new signings last year and still flirted with relegation most of the season. And what does a player turning down Chelsea really mean? They might have fancied trying to sign him, doesn't me he's a certainty to to be good. Personally I think Villa will improve this year, but the reasons you've stated are not the reasons why. The reasons you've stated are meaningless unless they've signed 5 of the best players in the world, which they haven't.

1st. Chelsea

2nd. Man City

3rd. Man Utd

4th. Arsenal

------------------------------

5th. Tottenham

6th. Liverpool

7th. Swansea

8th. Everton

9th. West Ham

10th. Southampton

11th. West Brom

12th. Newcastle

13th. Fulham

14th. Norwich

15th. Aston Villa

16th. Cardiff

17th. Sunderland

18th. Stoke

19th. Palace

20th. Hull

Cannot wait for this, what with the managerial shake ups and possible big transfers incoming (Higuain, Isco etc) this seasons Premier League has the potential to be one the the most exciting for years, journalists are going to have a field day with Mourinho, Di Canio, Holloway and Kinnear all involed.

Anyway, heres my predicitions - which will most likely be profoundly incorrect

1st. Chelsea
2nd. Arsenal
3rd. Man City
4th. Man Utd
5th. Liverpool
6th. Spurs
7th. West Ham
8th. Everton 
9th. Swansea
10th. Southampton
11th. Fulham
12th. Newcastle
13th. West Brom
14th. Aston Villa
15th. Cardiff

16th. Sunderland
17th. Stoke
18th. Norwich
19th. Hull
20th. Palace

When that Carroll move has gone ahead he'll become the record transfer for both Liverpool and West Ham. As in every club that's every bought Big Andy has broken the bank to do so and smashed their transfer records. Impressive considering he's not really that good. 

They made more than 5 new signings last year and still flirted with relegation most of the season. And what does a player turning down Chelsea really mean? They might have fancied trying to sign him, doesn't me he's a certainty to to be good. Personally I think Villa will improve this year, but the reasons you've stated are not the reasons why. The reasons you've stated are meaningless unless they've signed 5 of the best players in the world, which they haven't.

The reasons he has stated is because he is a Villa fan.

How many Spaniards have been signing for Premier League clubs so far?

First, Villa sign Sevilla's left-back and now Liverpool have just announced they've completed the transfer of Sevilla's Luis Alberto.

Massive La Liga exodus or what? Or are they just the best bet when it comes to value for money these days?

EDIT; apparently he's signed a 150k p/w contract. Set to be announced soon.

Wow! Know Walcott's on about 100k (apparently), but didn't realise Arsenal had contracts like that.

A few decent signings, like Higuain (one would imagine), and they could start challenging again maybe. Would like to see them up there again.

Higuain has never been 'the man' at Real. That was always Ronaldo and even then he was swapped and switched with Benzema, never really getting a run of consecutive games. It will be interesting to see what happens when he is he focal point of a quality, passing side like Arsenal.

Higuain has never been 'the man' at Real. That was always Ronaldo and even then he was swapped and switched with Benzema, never really getting a run of consecutive games. It will be interesting to see what happens when he is he focal point of a quality, passing side like Arsenal.

Yet, isn't he one of Argentina's first choice strikers?

I recall him scoring quite a few in the 2010 World Cup (the biggest stage), including a hat trick.

Apparently has 20 goals in 32 games at International level, in a quality side.

Archived