Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester Lass

Next FCC Meeting Agenda

Yet the family stand is bang next to them another reason why it should be swapped with the Kop, might wake them(Kop) up as well.

I agree that it should have been swapped a few years ago but now I actually think the Family Stand is fuller and louder than ever before which is thanks to the club encouraging people to go in there. A swap now could be detrimental to the atmosphere if anything, we know it will never happen though.

With regards to the potential for a smoke bomb to be thrown I think the difference with L1 and The Family Stand is two things; it's clearly full of kids in The Family Stand so you'd hope no idiots would be stupid enough to throw things that way (granted it could happen but less likely) and secondly we've been in that stadium a long time now and away followings know L1 and it's demographic.

Chloe, I'm sure you spoke about this on Twitter with the specific people who also voiced their concerns; there was a considerable lack of, say, 'social media' support from the Official Foxes Twitter page for people taking part in their challenges to raise money for the Foxes Foundation. Considering it is a charity linked to the club, surely there would be more support for it and more donations could have been raised if they 'advertised' it, so to speak.

I can understand if there's some rules or legislation about RTing some particular stuff or what they are/aren't allowed to publish - if so, then fair enough. 

But I guess that's just one thing - communication from the club to the public overall, I think, is very poor and could definitely be improved, especially on/from the OS. (this isn't in relation to not hearing news about the manager; this goes for throughout the season)

Notes from the last meeting issued by the club, as they haven't appeared on the official site as yet

http://foxestrust.co.uk/2414/fans-consultative-meeting-notes-thursday-28-february-2013#more-2414

In terms of the Play Off ticket selling process, we are not sure what the club plan to say, but the most frustrated complaints we received came from Foxile season ticket holders who struggled to buy tickets for the home game using all the supposed options available to them (website/phone) & then to be told e-mails of complaint weren't being read (via an automated reply)

I know I have said this before but as the owners now own the ground could they not make some effort to clean up the outside facade ? it is dirty and run down and represents a very poor image of the club. It's nothing that a bit of soap and water and a lick of fresh paint couldn't put right. Also do we really have to have the club trying to give us a " matchday atmosphere " ? tone down the screaming music from the tanoys and let the fans create their own atmosphere please.

Harsh on you but a good decision by the club that.

How an area with large-scale standing, much bad language and next to the away fans (look at Sheffield Wednesday with smoke grenades being thrown into the section) could be classed as family-friendly I don't know!

Not neccessarily including you as i don't know your family but families are not the demographic most likely to want to sing and make noise so the less of them in L1 the better really. Now just to get rid of the old women who sit there with their blankets and flasks from about row X down...

To be fair we're not actually in the standing bit. 

We are just in front of the "old women" you describe! (as much as I'd like to be up there, the daughter isnt tall enough yet and moans that she cant see!)

We sit in L1 and have lost the family discount we used to get on my and my daughters season tickets (not sure if you guys got it too?).

I did ask and was told that it is no longer a "family area".

Can you try to bring this to the attention of the reps of LCFC and ask why this discrimination has been brought in?

We aren't the only family groups in here and I really dont want to move after having these seats for many years.

Cheers

At least you can still by a cheaper ticket. At filbert st tjey make sk1 and 2 adult ticket only meaning at 15 i had to pay adult prices to go in that area.

Is the OS likely to be redesigned by anybody competent at any point? I'm sure that's a FL issue as it looks like they've accepted a tender from some company with little to no design experience.

Oh and making it easy to use on mobile devices would be nice.

I appreciate that's not urgent though

It's horrific isn't it? Obviously a FL issue though, and done as cheaply as possible and kept as bland as possible so they can tailor it to each individual football club. The design is just awful and the whole website is so clunky and shit. The good thing about getting promoted to the prem is that we'll probably have to design our own website and ditch this piece of shit. 

After the last two seasons winters we've had I propose concourse heating in the family enclosure. I've seen quite a few families with young kids having to leave early and if they are kept warm before the match and at half time it will increase the gate and to be honest - warm fans are louder than those freezing their nut sacks off. It's simple - a few pounds spent on heaters and the cost of running them will increase gates a little but lead to a more vocal support.

Also the catering is a complete joke. Why don't they have back pack beer sellers as they do in rugby? That will increase the sales and decrease the queues. Why is it that you cannot buy and pint and a bottle at the same kiosk? Let me guess....lowest priced outside contractor?

I know I have said this before but as the owners now own the ground could they not make some effort to clean up the outside facade ? it is dirty and run down and represents a very poor image of the club. It's nothing that a bit of soap and water and a lick of fresh paint couldn't put right. Also do we really have to have the club trying to give us a " matchday atmosphere " ? tone down the screaming music from the tanoys and let the fans create their own atmosphere please.

Agreed Flowy. A lick of paint and a bit of soap and water wouldn't cost much but it would make the world of difference. There's quite a bit of waste land as you get to the end of Raw Dykes Road and onto Filbert Way that just looks really scruffy - might not be the club's responsibility, but it'd be good to get the whole area cleaned up a bit.

I would like to know why they have changed the family discount to needing two adult tickets. Surely there are single parents who take their kids are they not a family too.

Have they?

I thought you only had to have relatives living at the same address!! Me and my daughter got our discount, which adds up to £45 meaning her ticket cost me a fiver, compared to not taking her and paying full whack on my own.

Half time is a shambles. I've not been to a section of the ground where the kiosk staff are anything less than useless. I know they are agency staff and get paid fvck all but that system creates massive queues and pisses people off. Because its so shit, people start going down about 10 minutes before half time and then some are delayed missing the start of the second half.

Instead of agency, just use permanant part time employees who can do a proper training programme and perform efficiently on a match day. More people will get served in a timely manner and get back to their seats in time for the game.

Website is a football league issue and not the clubs fault.

I thought the main website was a FL generic site that they can't do a lot about but the LCFC Direct is a different entity altogether and is managed by the club. The out of date copyright at the bottom of the LCFC Direct page would suggest so anyway.

Ticketing issue is the football leagues responsibility ..the club have told then it is shit apparently!!!...no use asking Chloe to bring up things like half time entertainment,music etc...as an ex FCC member these things are raised overtime but they can't change things after every meeting...Im sure foxes trust will confirm this.

Next meeting is on Thursday evening, the proposed agenda is as follows:

* Atmosphere at the end of the season (how we can continue for the new season)

* Print at home tickets

* Season ticket campaign 2013/14

* Away priority system

* Upgrading of executive boxes

* Compass Court Case

* Play-off semi-final ticketing process

* Kit Launch 2013/14

* Safety Advisory Group – Supporter Representation

* Sub-committee meeting feedback by Greg and Chloe

* Any other business

As always, anything you would like me to try and bring up please let me know.

Membership tickets PLEASE

Ticketing issue is the football leagues responsibility ..the club have told then it is shit apparently!!!...no use asking Chloe to bring up things like half time entertainment,music etc...as an ex FCC member these things are raised overtime but they can't change things after every meeting...Im sure foxes trust will confirm this.

Just to confirm what Raj has posted in relation to entertainment & music, discussing it in detail would be a waste of the time allocated for the meeting. Problem is, what one person likes the next one doesn't, so virtually impossible to gain a concensus.

As an example a number of years ago, we asked fans to e-mail suggestions to the Trust for tracks to play pre-match, we had 62 different suggestions and none of them received more than 5 fans suggesting them.

Just to confirm what Raj has posted in relation to entertainment & music, discussing it in detail would be a waste of the time allocated for the meeting. Problem is, what one person likes the next one doesn't, so virtually impossible to gain a concensus.

As an example a number of years ago, we asked fans to e-mail suggestions to the Trust for tracks to play pre-match, we had 62 different suggestions and none of them received more than 5 fans suggesting them.

Can't we just play all 62?

Have they?

I thought you only had to have relatives living at the same address!! Me and my daughter got our discount, which adds up to £45 meaning her ticket cost me a fiver, compared to not taking her and paying full whack on my own.

Yes, I got I adult 2 under 18's and an under 10 all at same address and related told no discount as you need 2 adult tickets from this year.

Half time is a shambles. I've not been to a section of the ground where the kiosk staff are anything less than useless. I know they are agency staff and get paid fvck all but that system creates massive queues and pisses people off. Because its so shit, people start going down about 10 minutes before half time and then some are delayed missing the start of the second half.

Instead of agency, just use permanant part time employees who can do a proper training programme and perform efficiently on a match day. More people will get served in a timely manner and get back to their seats in time for the game.

This was also discussed at the sub-committee and again a lot of this is out of the club's control as we outsource catering to another company. It is that company who hire staff, agree on levels of stock and provide a 'system' or lack of one.

The best thing you can do however is arm the club with incidents about which they can complain to the catering company. Currently, Jim receives only a few complaints abut catering each game but it's obviously a majority are effected. Let the club know what the problems are and where in the ground they happen.

I don't think it's even that good !! Poor staff are on a hiding to nothing. Just look at the lay-out of the kiosks - they couldn't be less LEAN if you set them up as a joke ! Staff may not be on much, but someone, somewhere is being paid to sort out systems and routines and they simply haven't. How many on here frequent Twickers ? Beer is poured, in racks, ready to go. Jeez - it just isn't that difficult. Simplify the menu, have it ready to go. It's not like someone is going to come up and ask for quail's eggs or a blooming handmade pizza !!! Despise inefficiency. Taking the piss. (Note to self - must learn not to get so worked up about a sausage in bread).

Archived