Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dickov22

Dave Richards- new chairman?

Holloway, IMHO worse than Taylor! Yes Taylor fooked up big time, made some Godawful signings and was ultimately responsible for stripping down what MON had left and turning it into a plummeting relegation certainty with admin on the horizon....but!!

Holloway, brought in to do a 'saviours' job, signed players who were far worse than anything PT inflicted on the club, then contrived to fook about with line ups/tactics on  a weekly basis until we were doomed.

I will never,ever forgive the egg-headed clown for playing a defensive 'point saving' formation, (including Harry Worley), when we needed a WIN at Stoke in that final game. The clueless twat was ENTIRELY responsible for us losing our record as never playing outside the top two divisions.

Forget the iffy decisions by MM. Forget the rants of Martin Allen, forget Don Mackay and forget Megson. The one single reason we plummeted out of the Championship that season is because we were saddled with Gollum the ****wit as our manager.....END OF! 

lol

Yeah, I agree.  But could part of the reason he dismantled a winning team be because he had the likes of Steve Walsh undermining his authority?  Why is Steve Walsh, while being a legend with fans, not really welcome at the club?

Does that mean it is me that is wrong?  I mean this in a philosophical sense, I am not going to be forced into a position of Peter Taylor's biggest fan.  I used him to make a point.

I think you might be right.  If so, it is brave of them to admit it.

Well, for me...fingers crossed this is going to work out !!

Yeah me too. I hope it does work out. I think the penny has dropped with the owners that they need professional help on all levels and they seem to have now done this. Fingers crossed. :thumbup:

Holloway, IMHO worse than Taylor! Yes Taylor fooked up big time, made some Godawful signings and was ultimately responsible for stripping down what MON had left and turning it into a plummeting relegation certainty with admin on the horizon....but!!

Holloway, brought in to do a 'saviours' job, signed players who were far worse than anything PT inflicted on the club, then contrived to fook about with line ups/tactics on  a weekly basis until we were doomed.

I will never,ever forgive the egg-headed clown for playing a defensive 'point saving' formation, (including Harry Worley), when we needed a WIN at Stoke in that final game. The clueless twat was ENTIRELY responsible for us losing our record as never playing outside the top two divisions.

Forget the iffy decisions by MM. Forget the rants of Martin Allen, forget Don Mackay and forget Megson. The one single reason we plummeted out of the Championship that season is because we were saddled with Gollum the ****wit as our manager.....END OF! 

Is that the same Gollum the fvckwit that got Blackpool promoted and only narrowly lost out to keeping them in the prem ? or the other Gollum the fvckwit who has just got Crystal Palace promoted ?

Sometimes it's not the jockey that's at fault sometimes it's the horse and lets be honest he inherited a horse already heading for the knackers yard. :thumbup:

F*%k that....I'm gonna win Euro millions tonight so I'll be Chairman come Monday morning and I'm gonna make Thracian director of football & Bert head of communications!!!

On a serious one though...I'm sure Sir Dave hasn't got as far as he has in football by being a mug. IMO I don't see a problem with it all as long as no one is interfering with the playing side

You remember those two Argentinians(or was it Brazil?) he signed? lol

Yes I also remember the shit players he inherited. His track record since getting the sack from us is better than Pearson could ever dream of and that's a fact.

That's fine, but why are telling Wednesday fans what to think? Do you think you know better than their entire fanbase what kind of job Richards did for them?

If the vast majority hate him so much it's probably not without good reason. Imagine if Wedensday fan started telling you Taylor or Wise or even Sven or Holloway weren't to blame. You'd think they didn't know what they were talking about, wouldn't you?

I'd agree with them.

Yes I also remember the shit players he inherited. His track record since getting the sack from us is better than Pearson could ever dream of and that's a fact.

2 5th place finishes and a 6th? Hardly. He already has a 5th and a 6th.

So we have employed two highly experienced and skilled football administrators,

One with a successful spell dealing with youngsters and academy players, the other with extensive boardroom knowledge and experience at the highest level of the (administration) game.

I can see why there are so many complaints,  :facepalm:

This, (imo) is a sign of owners who are looking to build and develop a CLUB, not just buy the league and hope for the best (yes they tried that and failed), In the team, we cry out for a mix of youth and experience, the same is desirable in the administration.

With my limited knowledge of the two new "signings" it seems to me we have picked up a very good balance and maybe some valuable contacts and knowledge, fingers crossed they do what we all want, which is to help build a successful club that not only returns to the Premier league, but is able to stay there and prosper.

So we have employed two highly experienced and skilled football administrators,

One with a successful spell dealing with youngsters and academy players, the other with extensive boardroom knowledge and experience at the highest level of the (administration) game.

I can see why there are so many complaints,  :facepalm:

This, (imo) is a sign of owners who are looking to build and develop a CLUB, not just buy the league and hope for the best (yes they tried that and failed), In the team, we cry out for a mix of youth and experience, the same is desirable in the administration.

With my limited knowledge of the two new "signings" it seems to me we have picked up a very good balance and maybe some valuable contacts and knowledge, fingers crossed they do what we all want, which is to help build a successful club that not only returns to the Premier league, but is able to stay there and prosper.

I have to agree with this.

None of us know yet whether these appointments will be beneficial for the club but it seems some people on here really do just like to jump on anything at all and use it as a way of bashing the owners (I hate the way people say "The Thais", I find it a little ignorant and borderline racist) or Nigel Pearson.  They may do a great job, they may fvck up the club or we may not even notice they are here but why do some of you revel so in negativity?  And you all say things like "I just luv mah club" or "I 'ope ahhh get prooved wrong".  Well if you weren't always so, so negative about things maybe you wouldn't be constantly wishing to be proved wrong?  I'm not saying we should not debate and vent our feelings and have rounded conversations and I try to see all angles of an issue but come on, some of you must realise what you are?  You must know?  Just hold back on the negativity even a tiny amount and don't read every thread with the mindset "How can I use this to slag of Pearson?".

I love Leicester City and I want the best for them and if this goes wrong I will be very sad and very angry but I don't want to be the kind of person who thinks "Fvcking Thai wankers fvcking up my club a-fvckin-gain I bet NP hates them and all the players and all the players hate him and he tells them to not pass but kick the ball from one end to the other in the hope it hits someone and goes in and I'm not being negative I just luv my club but I bet we get relegated and then you'll all see I was right."

I love all of you.

Rumble.

X

Foxes are no longer minted
beckford_1748346a.jpg
EXPENSIVE ... Jermaine Beckford cost alot by Championship standards

LEICESTER will appoint Sir Dave Richards as chairman to keep an eye on the club’s cash.

Richards, 70, steps down from his role with the Premier League at the end of this month.

And the Foxes see him as the ideal man to take charge of their money with Financial Fair Play in mind.

Leicester lost more than £29million last season.

Richards’ first job will be to lower Leicester’s wage bill by ditching the big earners signed by Sven Goran Eriksson.

Today's sun

Foxes are no longer minted
beckford_1748346a.jpg
EXPENSIVE ... Jermaine Beckford cost alot by Championship standards

LEICESTER will appoint Sir Dave Richards as chairman to keep an eye on the club’s cash.

Richards, 70, steps down from his role with the Premier League at the end of this month.

And the Foxes see him as the ideal man to take charge of their money with Financial Fair Play in mind.

Leicester lost more than £29million last season.

Richards’ first job will be to lower Leicester’s wage bill by ditching the big earners signed by Sven Goran Eriksson.

Today's sun

That is one big sofa!

Invested? No? Spent willingly? No? Squandered? No? 

Allowed Sven to piss up the wall? No?

Spent £1 million on the training ground? Bought back the stadium? 

Now Dave sent Wednesday bust Richards is going to fix that is he?

****s sake.

That is one big sofa!

Invested? No? Spent willingly? No? Squandered? No?

Allowed Sven to piss up the wall? No?

Spent £1 million on the training ground? Bought back the stadium?

Now Dave sent Wednesday bust Richards is going to fix that is he?

****s sake.

What has that article said that we didn't already know?

Richards might have been in charge of wednesday when they struggled financially but correct me if I'm wrong, every team relegated from the premier league suffers massively if they don't go up pretty quick. It's now accepted that you cut back, but back 1999 it wasn't.

Sir Dave Richards seems to be a man who divides opinion in footballlb_icon1.png.

The merits of Richards, who is standing down as chairman of the Premier League and is set to take over as senior management role at Leicester City, certainly evokes debate among supporterslb_icon1.png of Sheffield Wednesday, the club he ran for a decade.

1. ​4961524.jpg

Sir Dave Richards is set to take over as senior management role at Leicester City

And media commentators are also divided, with some writers heavily critical of his conduct as deputy chairman of the FA's bid to host the 2018 World Cup, and comments he reportedly made during official visits to Qatar.

Born in 1943 in Sheffield, Richards became a director at Wednesday in 1989 and was appointed chairman five months later.

4280135-promo.jpg
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.uk

myprint-247

View details

Print voucher

icon1.png

Under his leadership, and the management of Ron Atkinson and captain Nigel Pearson, Wednesday won promotion back to the top flight and lifted the League Cup in 1991 as they embarked on a nine-year stay in the Premier League.

But with Wednesday facing relegation in 1999, Richards left to become chairman of the Premier League.

Wednesday declined after that, saddled with debt as they struggled to cope with playersicon1.png on big contracts.

Under Richards' guidance, the Premier League went from strength to strength, to become the richest league in world football.

He has held other positions, such as deputy chair of the Football Association, chair of the FA's Club England, which runs the national teamicon1.png, and represents the Premier League abroad as chair of the European Professional Leagues.

He has been criticised for being outspoken, especially when he accused FIFA of stealing football from the English in March 2012, although Richards insisted afterwards he was joking.

He was also criticised for walking out of his role as deputy chairman of England's World Cup bid, when he was given the responsibility for international relations, after a restructuring of the committee.

However, despite the controversy, and the current problems at Wednesday which some Owls fans still believe emanated from Richards' reign, Nigel Short, chairman of the Wednesdayite, the Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Society, says his arrival at City will be good for the club.

"Sir Dave Richards certainly evokes heated debates in the pubs and clubs of Sheffield among Wednesday fans," he said.

"He splits opinions. Many blame him for the financial problems the club has been battling since he left and we were relegated from the Premier League, while he went to the Premier League.

"Others would point to the fact that, under his guidance, we won our only trophy in 70 years, enjoyed some great times in the Premier League watching players of the quality of Chris Waddle and Des Walker. We haven't seen players of their quality since.

"That success back then is basically the reason why we get the good crowds we get now.

"I sit somewhere in the middle. I was disappointed with the way he left the club and we still haven't recovered.

"We have had a hangover from the 10-year party in the Premier League under him.

"But I think he will be good for Leicester. He is incredibly well connected in the game. And you only have to look at the success of the Premier League under his chairmanship. People can dig up dirt on the guy but he did a great job with the Premier League.

"He is also the sort of chairman who will listen to the supporters. He will sit down for an hour and talk to anyone about football. He is not going to criticise fans for having an opinion.

"He is also good in the media. He will communicate with the supporters and let them know what is going on.

"This is a good move for Leicester."

Read more: http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/story-19327798-detail/story.html?#ixzz2WeDUtH6W 
Follow us: @thisisleics on Twitter | thisisleicestershire on Facebook

Just a thought ..... wouldn't he have been in charge of writing the FFP rules??? 

no better bloke to get round them if he was!

I thought it was a UEFA law?

Archived