Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Wes Morgan back to Forest

I

I would guess it's so any transfer fee will come off next seasons budget, thus helping with this seasons ffp.

He's only got a year left on his contract, so next season they will sign him on a free.

Why bid for Wes if they just got Hobbs? Just because they're tw*ts? 

If they managed to get Morgan as well, i think they would have the best central defensive pair in the division.

I would have loved Hobbs back here, but with the animosity between us and Hull at present, that was never going to happen, unless we had let them have Kasper on the cheap.

He's only got a year left on his contract, so next season they will sign him on a free.

They have already agreed a fee for next season as part of the overall deal.

There is no way Hull would let a saleable asset go out on loan for the remainder

of his contract and then leave on a free. This has ffp written all over it.

Wages aside everyone we've brought in apart from Paterson has been on a free. So a 2m or so spend is hardly breaking the bank.

You only turned over £14m in your last released accounts, your wages then were £17m+ and you made a loss of £11.6m .

Now you spent a fair old amount last year and those players will be earning a pretty penny so I would say it is fair to assume you actually spent more last year them the previous one.

To be spending again on wages and £3m in fees (presuming you offer £2m for Morgan)... Something smells fishy, especially given your new owners tendency to make a pigs ear of finances!!

Is nobody your end seriously questioning your ability to comply with FFP, or considering the possibility you are going for broke?

Does anyone know whether Wes is or isn't in negotiations for a new deal? Rumoured a while back but nothing yet and this is his last year.

When he was at Forest, he refused to sign a new contract. I wouldn't be surprised if he's doing the same thing, here. If we go up, he might sign a new deal but I think he's waiting it out to give himself the best chance of Premier League football, next season. I don't think he cares whether it's with us or Forest or another club. He's looking after number one and I don't blame him.

You only turned over £14m in your last released accounts, your wages then were £17m+ and you made a loss of £11.6m .

Now you spent a fair old amount last year and those players will be earning a pretty penny so I would say it is fair to assume you actually spent more last year them the previous one.

To be spending again on wages and £3m in fees (presuming you offer £2m for Morgan)... Something smells fishy, especially given your new owners tendency to make a pigs ear of finances!!

Is nobody your end seriously questioning your ability to comply with FFP, or considering the possibility you are going for broke?

Well, most of last years intake was loans or frees so its really the wages that'll screw us. That said, we have billy Davies I'm charge and he couldn't give a toss for Ffp. He cares about one thing and one thing only. Brand Billy.

Well, most of last years intake was loans or frees so its really the wages that'll screw us. That said, we have billy Davies I'm charge and he couldn't give a toss for Ffp. He cares about one thing and one thing only. Brand Billy. Promotion

Fair play to him ..... that's what he's paid for. FFP will be of no concern if he succeeds.

Been told by my wife that wes will be a forest player by Monday as been said by other forest and non forest sources is a done deal, told her not a chance the Pearson has said we are having no more ins or outs and we are low on defenders already. Please someone tell me it's all rubbish and ppl guessing

Been told by my wife that wes will be a forest player by Monday as been said by other forest and non forest sources is a done deal, told her not a chance the Pearson has said we are having no more ins or outs and we are low on defenders already. Please someone tell me it's all rubbish and ppl guessing

I would suggest that If NP loses wes he'd lose a few more of his fans at the same time .... He can't afford to lose him IMHO.

Our window cleaner came just after 17:00 to pick up his wages, and he's a Forest fan (seriously).

He said there's no plans from Forest to put another bid in for him.

Archived