Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jimmy

Wes Morgan back to Forest

They really don't get it do they...

Opportunism. The football world will know the stage of our finances and with it looking increasingly likely that we aren't shifting money off the wage bill they've had a cheeky bid. Won't be the last time - we need to get used to low bids for our players

We were. When we sold Wes Doughty had taken his ball home after years of abuse from the fans leaving us with no owner and money. He did say he would honour all contracts and service the debt until we found a buyer but the squad was fairly threadbare and we had a woeful manager. The Wes money allowed us to get a few decent loans in and more importantly, Sean O'Driscoll. At the time we realistically had no other sell-able assets and the loans and SOD kept us up (also, Pompey going into meltdown helped).

Now we have new owners (wealth unknown) and they've thrown a fair bit of cash around, mostly on managers and the wages of some frankly awful footballers who one of those managers brought in.

I strongly suspect if Davies is allowed to sign who he wants and it fails to get us up this year next year will be a cost cutting exercise.

We were. When we sold Wes Doughty had taken his ball home after years of abuse from the fans leaving us with no owner and money. He did say he would honour all contracts and service the debt until we found a buyer but the squad was fairly threadbare and we had a woeful manager. The Wes money allowed us to get a few decent loans in and more importantly, Sean O'Driscoll. At the time we realistically had no other sell-able assets and the loans and SOD kept us up (also, Pompey going into meltdown helped).

Now we have new owners (wealth unknown) and they've thrown a fair bit of cash around, mostly on managers and the wages of some frankly awful footballers who one of those managers brought in.

I strongly suspect if Davies is allowed to sign who he wants and it fails to get us up this year next year will be a cost cutting exercise.

That sounds very familiar!!

I fear it's the way of us upper championship clubs these days. Boom and bust....obviously it's not a problem Derby are going to have anytime soon.

In other news it seems we might be looking at Jack Hobbs if you tight buggers won't give us our Wes back.

Guest ttfn

A 3rd bid of £1.75m is to be made according to the Sun.

In about 15 bids time we might get one that's worth considering.

I asked Wes last night and said will you be staying at Leiceter this season and be just laughed and said if I got a quid everytime someone has asked me that question I could of retired by now.

He either laughed it off as a silly suggestion that he's leaving

Or he didn't say no so he could be leaving! PANICCCCC  :frantics:

I fear it's the way of us upper championship clubs these days. Boom and bust....obviously it's not a problem Derby are going to have anytime soon.

In other news it seems we might be looking at Jack Hobbs if you tight buggers won't give us our Wes back.

A very decent player, so long as you don`t expect him to be a ball playing centre half.

According to a Forest fan, £1.5m is generous lol

It's probably as far as I'd go if I was to make these decisions. Which is why we should just give up on him now.

As for Jack Hobbs, I'm not sure Billy wants a ball playing anything. He wants players that'll run and run and run and to soddery with skill and guile.

lol

Archived