Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

Surprise Package

No no, this isn't going to be a surprising picture of my tiny, tiny man bits.

Just wondering (I'm bored, nothing is happening in the transfer market and I just can't quite seem to get excited watching Murray) who you all feel the surprise package for promotion will be this season?

The next sentence is going to be one of the hardest things I have ever had to write......

.....I think Derby will be up there.

God, I've just been sick in my mouth a little writing that.  I was born and bred in sunny Burton On Trent and everyone there supports the Rams so they were, are and always will be our biggest rivals for me!!  It's the one game I always look for each season and if we could only win one all year I would chose Derby away.  Saying that, I actually have to admit I like the way they have been run in recent years.  Kept a manger for a good few years and keep some stability.  Made a few decent signings this year too.  I think they might actually be able to say up near the top this year without fading away like they usually do. 

Anyway, I really hope they fook it up as usual but just thought it woud be interesting to see what everyone else thinks?  Whose your dark horse for promotion?

The very kindest of Regards.

Rumble.

X

Hate to say it but this season is even harder than last Wigan, Reading, Qpr, will deffo be up there. Bolton, Watford, Florist and Leeds will be vying for playoffs just hope we do some business soon cos quite frankly at the moment the silence from the KP is deafening.

It is fast becoming a joke. I genuinely believe the Thais haven't a clue how to run or be involved in a football club. If they genuinely believe the squad we had last season is good enougth to challenge this then they are seriously deluded.

Yes, I know it's only the beginning of July but we are being left behind.

Ipswich are the dark horses for me they finished the season very strongly, no so called super stars and with hook nose in charge

have a decent manager at this level

Agree

Trouble is their owners are happy with a mid table finish, which isn't good enough for a club the size of Derby imo. Clough seems to pick up decent players at decent fees, and uses the academy well, but he always seems to lose a key player every year, whether it be a player like Hulse or Commons.

They arn't far off challenging for the play offs, although they always seem to fall away every season.

Personally think Ipswich may do better than most people expect.

Ipswich are the dark horses for me they finished the season very strongly, no so called super stars and with hook nose in charge

Agree as well. 

Hate to say it but this season is even harder than last Wigan, Reading, Qpr, will deffo be up there. Bolton, Watford, Florist and Leeds will be vying for playoffs just hope we do some business soon cos quite frankly at the moment the silence from the KP is deafening.

It is fast becoming a joke. I genuinely believe the Thais haven't a clue how to run or be involved in a football club. If they genuinely believe the squad we had last season is good enougth to challenge this then they are seriously deluded.

Yes, I know it's only the beginning of July but we are being left behind.

Erm........ you do realise this is a thread for discussing who you think will do well this year?  You seem to be under the impression that I titled the thread "please slag off our club, it makes you look big and clever".

X

Have been saying this since McCarthy took over. Admittedly had to rethink my position on the way home from the 6-0 trashing we handed them, but since then vindicated. Definite play off material this year in my books. 

Nottingham Forest, are the team you all hate,

But no need to worry, they'll finish at eighth,

Now Ipswich Town seem well worth a shout,

But I  really do think that they will miss out.

Watford will be back quite close the top,.

Come the end of the season  it will end up a flop,

So which is the side that will surprise us the most.

Could it be Leicester to who storm past the post?

:celebrate:  :frantics:  :jump:  :scarf: 

oh lord

Bournemouth possibly. But the FFP gives the three relegated clubs an enormous advantage, even more so than previous years. On that basis, it's hard to see past the relegated 3, plus Bolton, who seem to still have plenty of cash to throw around.

Looking past that, I can only see a much of a muchness, but if you want me to pick a few 'dark horses' for the play offs then:

Bournemouth

Charlton

Ipswich

Sheffield Wed.

DT just like Pam Ayres you have become my guilty pleasure :P

Archived