Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OakFox12

Danns back in contention?

Guest MattP

Yes he has.

A below average championship ability for a central midfield player, a array of chavtastic tweets and he could do the end of season disco no problem.

No. He may be training with us etc, but that's only to get him fit should he 1) ever be needed for us or 2) be sold off. It's harder to sell an unfit player than it is a fit one.

I really can't see him playing for us. If we can't get rid permanently this transfer window, a loan deal beckons.

Danns will play a part this season. Got a feeling Nigel will give him a shot.

. I was thinking the same especially because he wanted him at hull so I couldn't put what happend last season together.. If we decide to sell do we bring in another central midfielder?

It would be entirely up to him, he knows that Pearson wants to see the right attitude in training, desire to play and hard work & commitment when he does play. If he shows that in the pre-season games he could force his way back in.

That doesn't alter the fact that his wages are too high and we need to sell him. It would make it easier to do so if he was playing and doing well though

No.

Get him off the wage bill and be done with, it will help.

And if he is given a second chance, it's Drinkwater who should be sold.

Both of them shouldn't stay, because I don't have confidence in either.

Not if it means the King/James. partnership doesnt happen.

:santa:

James came on a lot towards the end of last season aswell as king really liked the look of it and it seemed to have a balance exited to see more of this season

Serves a purpose for certain games but i'd imagine his wages would be generous for being just bit-part. Be good to get stuck into the more physical sides who tend to roll us over, but he's pretty poor position & movement wise imo. 

I think he'd be useful as a squad player, but nothing more.

I agree he would make an able understudy should injuries happen, but can we afford the luxury of someone earning 20k a week whilst sitting on the bench?

It does make you wonder why Pearson seems to of made drinkwater available and not so much Danns, though...

He's a good player, was a great player at Palace, wasn't bad for us as well but everyone just assumes he was crap as he didn't play at the end of the season.

I think Pearson would like him, as someone stated he was wanted at Hull, BUT I don't think he's played because of FFP. He's on massive wages (we beat Rangers when in Champs league to his signature) and also big appearance bonus / triggers. We simply can't afford to play him and he needs to move off our wage bill

Beckford's gone and the fee to Everton has basically been paid off now. We are apparently just within the FFP regulations so it's conceivable that if Nigel doesn't think he can get a midfielder better than Danns or as good as him into the squad that he keeps him because we can now afford to. 

Beckford's gone and the fee to Everton has basically been paid off now. We are apparently just within the FFP regulations so it's conceivable that if Nigel doesn't think he can get a midfielder better than Danns or as good as him into the squad that he keeps him because we can now afford to.

I also think that selling Beckford has put us inside FFP but that's not enough, we still have to get rid of 1, preferably 2 to bring anyone else in. We could strengthen central defence and get that 3rd choice striker for Danns's wage

I also think that selling Beckford has put us inside FFP but that's not enough, we still have to get rid of 1, preferably 2 to bring anyone else in. We could strengthen central defence and get that 3rd choice striker for Danns's wage

And be left with just James/King/Drinkwater in central midfield. Last season showed you need depth in the centre of midfield and we lacked energy towards the end of last season. Wellens is as good as gone in that even if he doesn't leave he's not cut out for this level anymore. We won't sign a new striker we have Wood/Nugent/Schlupp/Waghorn/Vardy. We will sign a CB, in our current financial condition we can stretch to that.

Archived