Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Derby Match Thread

He clearly doesn't know his best side.

He's added two players and had the whole summer to work it out.

Starting to lose optimism.

Different qualities are required to beat different sides, if he picked the same 11 every week you would say no plan b always picks his favourites etc. give the bloke a chance...

On a needs basis, he picked the right team and formation to beat Boro, this is what he feels will exploit Derby, he is doing everything people criticised him for not doing last season and still gets the moaners.

4-3-3 is shit, and hardly ever works, always turns into 4-5-1, and if Derby maintain possession today it will turn into 4-5-1, Wood will get isolated and we will struggle, because it always happens when we use this formation. You seen it in the second half against Monaco in pre season, yes it was Monaco, but Waghorn was basically played up front on his own, and did bugger all. It's the fact we are playing two strikers out wide as well, not Dyer, Schlupp or Knockaert, but Vardy and Nugent.

Like I said if it works then great, but I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a nightmare. 

4-3-3 is shit, and hardly ever works, always turns into 4-5-1, and if Derby maintain possession today it will turn into 4-5-1, Wood will get isolated and we will struggle, because it always happens when we use this formation. You seen it in the second half against Monaco in pre season, yes it was Monaco, but Waghorn was basically played up front on his own, and did bugger all. It's the fact we are playing two strikers out wide as well, not Dyer, Schlupp or Knockaert, but Vardy and Nugent.

Like I said if it works then great, but I wouldn't be surprised if this turns into a nightmare.

Why so negitive before a ball has even been kicked? Talking about a friendly with a top European side as a reason this wont work makes you sound like an idiot.

Can't we have one game were we actually get behind the side not slag them off before we start.

What's the story with Knockaert? If there is one

Pearson said wasn't mentally ready to be in the squad then against Leeds he was embarrassing falling over all the time.

Not sure where we go from there

Personally I don't understand the general love-in he gets. If we're well on top in games, his flourishes are fantastic and he looks like he could play for Arsenal or Barca, but if we're not he's almost a liability.

Why so negitive before a ball has even been kicked? Talking about a friendly with a top European side as a reason this wont work makes you sound like an idiot.

Can't we have one game were we actually get behind the side not slag them off before we start.

Because 4-3-3, usually turns into 4-5-1 whenever we play it.

Usually happens, and when used at the KP in past season's under Pearson, it's been very very frustrating to watch.

Not being negative, it's a fact.

Pearson said wasn't mentally ready to be in the squad then against Leeds he was embarrassing falling over once

Not sure where we go from there

Personally I don't understand the general love-in he gets. If we're well on top in games, his flourishes are fantastic and he looks like he could play for Arsenal or Barca, but if we're not he's almost a liability.

Because 4-3-3, usually turns into 4-5-1 whenever we play it.

Usually happens, and when used at the KP in past season's under Pearson, it's been very very frustrating to watch.

Not being negative, it's a fact.

Pretty sure that's an opinion not a fact, search for the definition of fact.

4-3-3 is shit, and hardly ever works, always turns in to 4-5-1, and if Derby maintain possession today it will turn into 4-5-1, Wood will get isolated and we will struggle, because it always happens when we use this formation. You seen it in the second half against Monaco in pre season, yes it was Monaco, but Waghorn was basically played up front on his own, and did bugger all. It's the fact we are playing two strikers out wide as well, not Dyer, Schlupp or Knockaert, but Vardy and Nugent.

What do you mean playing 2 strikers out wide, it's 433, they're hardly hogging the touchline but instead supposed to be working the channels & supporting the front.

Personally think we should continue with 352, with Konch out it should work better... If not we have the personnel to play 442, or 4231.

I'm also not a fan of 433.

Anyway, it's all about our tempo & how we apply ourselves with effort & enthusiasm. If we do, we'll win. If not we'll get beaten.

Bizarre line-up but at least there's a bit more firepower in there. We've never been any good when any of our strikers have had to play out wide and there's still no real creativity but perhaps a long ball will eventually fall to one of the front three and we'll get a shot registered before we have to bring Knockaert on.

Sick and tired of Pearson's inability to see the blatant weakness when either Knockaert or Marshall don't play. Big game for Matty James, he's carrying an injury and yet he's continued to be picked, hope he can get in the game and dictate play.

Different qualities are required to beat different sides, if he picked the same 11 every week you would say no plan b always picks his favourites etc. give the bloke a chance...

This is our 4th game now and he's played about 5 formations.

I'm not suggesting we should play the same 11 every week whatsoever. Only that we havn't played anything close to well and results have glossed over our poor performances. If he doesn't get his act together then we'll probably get found out very quickly.

The bloke has had his chance. He's had all summer to settle down the same side not to mention 2 years previous.

What do you mean playing 2 strikers out wide, it's 433, they're hardly hogging the touchline but instead supposed to be working the channels & supporting the front.

Personally think we should continue with 352, with Konch out it should work better... If not we have the personnel to play 442, or 4231.

I'm also not a fan of 433.

Anyway, it's all about our tempo & how we apply ourselves with effort & enthusiasm. If we do, we'll win. If not we'll get beaten.

We have seen Nugent played out wide before, and he has performed poorly. Vardy might do a bit better because of his pace. 

We won away from home using 3-5-2, so why change it, and if we wanted to go 4-3-3 why isn't he playing Dyer or Knocky instead.

Doesn't make sense to me, but like I said if it works then great. 

I'm gonna shut up until kick off anyway, because I'm not going to sit here clogging this thread up.

Derby play 3 up front and have pace on the flanks - bit dangerous to play 3 at the back today which is why I assume he is playing 4 at the back with pace at LB and RB although Konch not on bench so either ill, injured or on his way (for a haircut).

Archived