Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

I want the PS3 on launch day but its probably to late to pre-order now? will just go around all the stores on launch day if so always a few knocking around.

Indeed. March 2007 was a while back. lol

You'll get one day one I'm sure. Picked up the PS3 day one March 2007 from Comet of all places, no problem.

Best deal might be found online though I think. Might be worth shopping around.

Who has noticed what happens around 1:02 on the video?

First review of black flag out (leaked)...

The French magazine concluded the review with these quotes: "AC4 is the most successful game of the franchise. Better mechanics of gameplay, better level design, the game is a real success. You’ll need about 20 hours to complete the main path and 50 hours to complete everything"

Issues with aliasing on textures of PS4 version tho'.

For The Players Since 1995 | Play Station 4 | See The Future.

Sold.

Enough said.

Jesus that brought back some memories love it how they went true 90's even had the junglist movement hat on the decks deffiently got a few brownie points for that haha also anyone notice the X on the dart board when he opens the door air of the smugness about this advert.

Jesus that brought back some memories love it how they went true 90's even had the junglist movement hat on the decks deffiently got a few brownie points for that haha also anyone notice the X on the dart board when he opens the door air of the smugness about this advert.

Didn't notice the X!

The cleverest part for me is the aspect ratio change between PS1 and 2. Very smart.

(So where is Microsofts marketing strategy? It ceased to exist once Mattrick jumped ship it seems.)

Infinity Ward, developer of the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Ghosts, has confirmed that the PS4 version of the game is rendered at native 1080p, but the Xbox One can only manage 720p.

Speaking on Twitter, Mark Rubin – executive producer for Infinity Ward – confirmed that on the “Xbox One we’re 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we’re native 1080p on PS4", indicating that the Xbox One doesn't currently display Ghosts at native 1080p resolution. Instead Infinity Ward had to rely on the built-in ability of the console to upscale 720p content to 1080p resolution for full HD televisions.

“We optimised each console to hit 60 FPS [frames per second] and the game looks great on both,†Rubin added.

Sony’s PS4 has a 50% advantage in terms of raw shader performance

It has already been noted that, on paper at least, the PS4 has a more powerful combination of processor and graphics capabilities than the Xbox One.

Both consoles use graphics processing units (GPUs) that employ AMD's latest Graphics Core Next architecture, which is divided into working blocks known as Compute Units. The PS4 version, however, has 18 CUs generating 1.84 teraflops of processing power, while the Xbox one has only 12 CUs.

In theory, the six extra CUs give Sony's PS4 a 50% advantage in terms of raw shader performance (for example, lighting and other graphics effects) over the Xbox One. It is never quite this simple because other design and technical elements of the SoC can affect performance, but it is certainly an indication that there is more graphics grunt there for PS4.

Game over.

Microsoft ought to throw in the towel.

First review of black flag out (leaked)...

The French magazine concluded the review with these quotes: "AC4 is the most successful game of the franchise. Better mechanics of gameplay, better level design, the game is a real success. You’ll need about 20 hours to complete the main path and 50 hours to complete everything"

Issues with aliasing on textures of PS4 version tho'.

Worth noting they didnt even get to play the xbo version

Worth noting they didnt even get to play the xbo version

Indeed.

It's probably scaled up from 720p.

I guess Microsoft are banking on the fact that most people will run Xbone on a sub 32" screen. You won't notice the difference. It's not great news though.

This and over clocking the system when it's not even out yet and only running games at the beginning of its life span - something doesn't sit right imo.

More bashing...

Battlefield 4 is now available on current-gen machines and PCs in the US and for the first time gamers can see how the game stacks up on next-gen platforms.

As confirmed by Eurogamer, while the PS4 version of the shooter runs at a resolution of 1600x900 the Xbox One build manages just 1290x720 (720p).

The site notes that its analysis was based on “near-final†build so changes remain a possibility, albeit a slim one.

“Perhaps the biggest takeaway is that, in this near-finalised state, the PS4 offers a superior experience on several fronts,†the site stated. “The resolution is higher at 1600x900, as compared to the tried and tested 1280x720 on Xbox One, suffering as it does for more visible aliasing artefacts. Visually, the PS4 has a marked advantage with ambient occlusion effects too, which simply isn't matched on Microsoft's platform with the build we played.â€

Attention now turns to Activision’s Call of Duty: Ghosts which, if rumour is to be believed, sees an even bigger disparity between resolutions.

Which it does of course...

There's more...

In a rare move, Xbox One actually one-upped the PS4 today, as Microsoft announced that its forthcoming console supports CDs and DLNA media streaming.

That means the system can play your entire library of audio CDs and stream files from a home network because it's CD and DLNA compatible, the company told The Penny Arcade Report.

These are two basic functions that the otherwise powerful PS4 is unable to deliver, Sony admitted October 30.

While Xbox One disc drives are compatible with CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays, the PlayStation 4 supports only the latter two options.

Yippee!!!

I can put CDs into an Xbox One!

There was me thinking I'd have to trash my whole CD collection just because the PS4 can't play them!

Not that I can use my car stereo, my stereo system, my PC, my bluray player, my DVD player etc. etc. of course. No, never thought of that.

Are Microsoft completely bonkers or have they still got Mattrick sabotaging their marketing strategy behind the scenes? lol

There's more...

In a rare move, Xbox One actually one-upped the PS4 today, as Microsoft announced that its forthcoming console supports CDs and DLNA media streaming.

That means the system can play your entire library of audio CDs and stream files from a home network because it's CD and DLNA compatible, the company told The Penny Arcade Report.

These are two basic functions that the otherwise powerful PS4 is unable to deliver, Sony admitted October 30.

While Xbox One disc drives are compatible with CDs, DVDs and Blu-rays, the PlayStation 4 supports only the latter two options.

Yippee!!!

I can put CDs into an Xbox One!

There was me thinking I'd have to trash my whole CD collection just because the PS4 can't play them!

Not that I can use my car stereo, my stereo system, my PC, my bluray player, my DVD player etc. etc. of course. No, never thought of that.

Are Microsoft completely bonkers or have they still got Mattrick sabotaging their marketing strategy behind the scenes? lol

There is also voice reconigition on the PS4 to play games, take screenshots and so on, obviously Sony don't think its as mind blowing as MS.

Archived