Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DennisNedry

PS4 v Xbox One

Which will you be buying?  

349 members have voted

1. 1. PS4 or Xbox One?

Im currently downloading Far Cry 4 now and I'm given the option of playing the demo now since that's all downloaded but it's automatically go on to download the main game at 22gb. It's taking ages, psn is very slow for some reason.

sure its not just that 1hr of the game thing that they do on PSN for some games?

people on PS4 can download Far Cry 4 and Metro Last Light for free due to some glitch

You only get 2 hours of multiplayer. Pretty much 26gb for 120 minutes of game time. Nothing is free on PSN - it's all marked up. Who in their right mind would pay 54.99 for Far Cry 4 when you can buy it for under 25 online?

Another thing that rubs me the wrong way about the PS4 is how fvcking slow the downloads are. Rocket League took an hour, Styx 3 hours. These are not big games and I downloaded them at an off peak time. I've got Usain Bolt in a hamster wheel under my house, I've friends I play with in Europe who have crazy quick internet connections and it takes them fvcking hours to download relatively small games as well. Meanwhile my flatmate with a Xbox One downloaded Black Flag (massive game compared to Styx or Rocket League), 10 minutes he was able to start playing, fully downloaded in half an hour. Dunno what it is about the PS4 when I've such a quick connection that hinders it so much, but it's another thing that just gets my goat, pay for PSN and even if it is working it's shit.

I am going to get myself a PS4 on Friday and wondered if anyone could recommend any games for my tastes? I like Rockstar games like GTA and Story games particularly in crime, LA Noire was good so was Red Dead Redemption but the Godfather Sucked balls. I see they have Mafia III coming out in August which i hope is good. 

Any Idea's? Cheers

I am going to get myself a PS4 on Friday and wondered if anyone could recommend any games for my tastes? I like Rockstar games like GTA and Story games particularly in crime, LA Noire was good so was Red Dead Redemption but the Godfather Sucked balls. I see they have Mafia III coming out in August which i hope is good. 

Any Idea's? Cheers

I'd always recommend The Last of Us to anyone buying a PS4, a very solid game if it suits your tastes. I'm not really that clued up on crime story games but Watch Dogs might take your fancy. 

I'd always recommend The Last of Us to anyone buying a PS4, a very solid game if it suits your tastes. I'm not really that clued up on crime story games but Watch Dogs might take your fancy. 

Thanks dude these games look cool.

watchdogs was hyped up too much so it ended up being a disappointment. But for how much you can get it for now its worth buying still.

I would certainly buy The Last Of Us. Masterpiece from start to finish.

The Witcher is an incredible game. You will spend countless hours on it. Not played Batman yet but thats bound to be brilliant.

One game coming out soon is God of War 3 remastered. If you didnt play this on the PS3 i would certainly look to buying it on PS4. One of my all time favourite games. Dont spend a fortune on it though as it is a remastered game after all.

Loads for you to choose from. Far Cry is a good game aswel.

Any Idea's? Cheers

You might like Sherlock Holmes : Crimes and Punishment.

Murdered Soul Suspect is a detective game, not played it myself and apparently not amazing but you can pick it up for dirt cheap now, could be worth a look if you're hell bent on a crime game.

And yes The Last of Us is certainly still the best game on Playstation 4.

Would advise you sign up for Playstation Plus, just for the free games every month, even if it does take hours to download them.

Edit: Either One as well, the puzzles in it are crazy, a bit Bioshock like in it's atmosphere, but you will need a guide from time to time as well.

You might like Sherlock Holmes : Crimes and Punishment.

Murdered Soul Suspect is a detective game, not played it myself and apparently not amazing but you can pick it up for dirt cheap now, could be worth a look if you're hell bent on a crime game.

And yes The Last of Us is certainly still the best game on Playstation 4.

Would advise you sign up for Playstation Plus, just for the free games every month, even if it does take hours to download them.

Edit: Either One as well, the puzzles in it are crazy, a bit Bioshock like in it's atmosphere, but you will need a guide from time to time as well.

Ta Pal

Diablo 3.

Alien Isolation.

Project Cars.

I'd go with The Last of Us as well, fantastic game.

God of War 3 I haven't played yet, but I'm getting the remastered version next week!

You will love God of War 3. The boss battles are epic. Right from the start you will love it. Have you played the other GoW games? It helps with the story if you have but its not essential.

You will love God of War 3. The boss battles are epic. Right from the start you will love it. Have you played the other GoW games? It helps with the story if you have but its not essential.

Yes I have the first two. Unfortunately with me turning over to the green side last generation coupled with my PS3 disc drive failing when I wanted to go back, I missed out on the third game.

Until now. :)

Yes I have the first two. Unfortunately with me turning over to the green side last generation coupled with my PS3 disc drive failing when I wanted to go back, I missed out on the third game.

Until now. :)

I had you down as a Sony man all the way with your constant bashing of the Xbox one.

Another thing that rubs me the wrong way about the PS4 is how fvcking slow the downloads are. Rocket League took an hour, Styx 3 hours. These are not big games and I downloaded them at an off peak time. I've got Usain Bolt in a hamster wheel under my house, I've friends I play with in Europe who have crazy quick internet connections and it takes them fvcking hours to download relatively small games as well. Meanwhile my flatmate with a Xbox One downloaded Black Flag (massive game compared to Styx or Rocket League), 10 minutes he was able to start playing, fully downloaded in half an hour. Dunno what it is about the PS4 when I've such a quick connection that hinders it so much, but it's another thing that just gets my goat, pay for PSN and even if it is working it's shit.

Are you wireless. Mine was so bad when I first got it I decided to wire it up and it was ok then.

It's deserved imo.  It's also deserved to give the PS3 constant bashing as well.  The 360 is the better all round console without doubt.

Tides turned though.

Ps3 is a great console. Just took it a fair few years to get there.

Archived