Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Horibbly Wrong

The Birth of Foxestalk

Daggers was a funny guy and I enjoyed a few sparring sessions with him. Never got the impression he was particularly intelligent though. Seems to me he got driven from the forum with his tail between his legs after he got proven wrong by genuinely intelligent posters over and over again over a period of a few months.

Prior to that I assume he and Nick had the run of things on here, backed up by their merry band of lefty cocksuckers. When the tide started to turn they lost control, became very bitter very quickly and started just dishing out insults. Quite pathetic really.

Would be great if they matured a bit and came back ready to engage in some of the threads we have on here like adults, as the lefty contingent is looking a bit weak these days. But sadly I don't think either of their egos could take the hit of being proved wrong about everything again.

Daggers was a funny guy and I enjoyed a few sparring sessions with him. Never got the impression he was particularly intelligent though. Seems to me he got driven from the forum with his tail between his legs after he got proven wrong by genuinely intelligent posters over and over again over a period of a few months.

Prior to that I assume he and Nick had the run of things on here, backed up by their merry band of lefty cocksuckers. When the tide started to turn they lost control, became very bitter very quickly and started just dishing out insults. Quite pathetic really.

Would be great if they matured a bit and came back ready to engage in some of the threads we have on here like adults, as the lefty contingent is looking a bit weak these days. But sadly I don't think either of their egos could take the hit of being proved wrong about everything again.

You took your time!

I've taken the time to find an image to encapsulate your post. It wasn't hard to find.

floater-sewer-fishing-lure.jpg

I never saw Daggers' last few months. At least I don't think I did... so I can only really comment on what I saw of his posts and the few times I met him.

We disagreed on a lot of things, but when it came down to it, I found him enjoyable company.

I wouldn't hesitate meeting up with most on here for a beer. Maybe that's not wise for the amount of threats I've had from people for merely having a different opinion. People should remember though that this is an internet forum and some people on here will know some of those being criticised, outside of the forum. Not everyone is the same in reality as on here.

I'm a bit of a di ck in all forms of my persona, face-to-face, socially online, socially face-to-face, professionally face-to face etc etc etc. I'm not stupid though - and I buy my rounds (with money I've earnt by you know - working), which I reckon puts me above about 90% on here.

I love how some posters, refer to others who may have views slightly left to theirs in the political spectrum in a derogatory manner as if inelegance is only applicable to those with the same views as themselves

This is very clever and intelligent.

backed up by their merry band of lefty cocksuckers

became very bitter very quickly and started just dishing out insults. Quite pathetic really.

Might be a can of worms - and I probably wasn't as interested in these threads back then, but I don't recall Nick ever coming across as overly lefty or argumentative.

Lovely guy I always thought and seemed to more than have his head screwed on?

He went out in a blaze of e-threats. Basically his sole response to everything would be to suggest meeting up in real life to have a fight. Bit bizarre when you're debating some bog standard boring political issue and this weird angry guy keeps cropping up offering to actually fight anyone who disagrees with him. I imagine him as one of these factory workers who are involved in lots of weird little subcultures, swinging, bdsm etc plus low level criminality. He struck me as the kind of guy who is probably on the sex offenders register, probably for something like indecent exposure on a public park.

He went out in a blaze of e-threats. Basically his sole response to everything would be to suggest meeting up in real life to have a fight. Bit bizarre when you're debating some bog standard boring political issue and this weird angry guy keeps cropping up offering to actually fight anyone who disagrees with him. I imagine him as one of these factory workers who are involved in lots of weird little subcultures, swinging, bdsm etc plus low level criminality. He struck me as the kind of guy who is probably on the sex offenders register, probably for something like indecent exposure on a public park.

Fair enough. I didn't see the posts.

I know this won't mean much to you coming from me, but Nick is genuinely a nice bloke and I can't see that any of the above would apply to him.

Maybe I'm an awful judge of character.

I find it odd anyone would dislike someone on here, yes people have different political views, some are boring like me, some are exciting like Rincewind, it makes the forum much more interesting, the odd insult, the odd dissagreement its all part of the fun of Foxestalk.

Fair enough. I didn't see the posts.

I know this won't mean much to you coming from me, but Nick is genuinely a nice bloke and I can't see that any of the above would apply to him.

Maybe I'm an awful judge of character.

Given that respectable posters like yourself, Jon the hat, Finnegan etc all say daggers and nick were decent posters at one point then I assume it must be true. I never saw it though. Maybe they were just tiring of the place by the time I got here. Happens to everyone eventually I guess.

I  wouldn't say I was exciting, but yes I agree, there are some that need to look in a mirror when accusing people of being insulting. I do not think I have ever been  When someone has to resort to insults I feel they are losing the argument.

Anyway spent enough time on here today. I was going out, maybe Oadby and its 1.30

Been on Bentleys roof. One post said some fans will be pleased if Derby come after Pearson. I replied it seems that there were also  fans here disatisfied with City being 3rd and it was lucky they were on a roof.

I never saw Daggers' last few months. At least I don't think I did... so I can only really comment on what I saw of his posts and the few times I met him.

We disagreed on a lot of things, but when it came down to it, I found him enjoyable company.

I wouldn't hesitate meeting up with most on here for a beer. Maybe that's not wise for the amount of threats I've had from people for merely having a different opinion. People should remember though that this is an internet forum and some people on here will know some of those being criticised, outside of the forum. Not everyone is the same in reality as on here.

I'm a bit of a di ck in all forms of my persona, face-to-face, socially online, socially face-to-face, professionally face-to face etc etc etc. I'm not stupid though - and I buy my rounds (with money I've earnt by you know - working), which I reckon puts me above about 90% on here.

one thing that keeps cropping up is what a nice bloke Daggers is outside of the forum,and it's been said before.Which is probably more of an indication of the man.To some when they read that members meet outside of the forum they get " jealous to death"I didn't agree with all that Daggers had to say,but that goes with most posters.That is the beauty of a forum.Some things you agree on some you don't,it's life.Sometimes find it hard to understand as an outsider( no connections to Leicester in any way,shape or form) that more don't meet up for a drink.if I was going to a match I would often say that I was going to the pub,look out for a 6ft 4" bloke( stand out a bit more) that I would wear ........( like a first date) say hello.Has anyone.no.im a fairly sociable bloke and a rep so can interact.Bob the weasel wanted to but was working late .Met Steveherbe and sol the wall bamba at forest and chat on here.nice blokes and saw 1964fox on the way out of a match( it was on his shirt) so had a word.

Blimey,that's why no one wants to meet....I go on and on.

Now back to Daggers,he had obviously seen my posts re meeting up and to be fair didn't have too much interaction on here,but he did PM me and tell me he was meeting up in a pub with a few off here on a certain date and I was more than welcome to come.unfortunately I had a wedding or something that day.i was gutted to be fair,would have been nice to meet a few.

I've met Daggers for a drink and he was kind enough to put me on his friends list which I was genuinely touched by, it got to the point though where I would cringe at his ridiculous rants.  I took the cowards route, thinking that rep points were anonymous,I repped people he was arguing against hoping it would discourage him. Unfortunately rep points aren't anonymous and so he turned on me. It's a shame and maybe I should have been more honest but he was getting beyond a joke and perhaps it's best if he gives this place a wide berth for a while.

Archived