Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Horibbly Wrong

The Birth of Foxestalk

I've been banned from TB. Signed in after 6 years. First post i mentioned what I had been doing as a way of reintroducing myself and said I had just set up a poetry blog. Next thing I know i get a message to say I have a lifetime ban for spamming.

Wouldn't happen here.

If any of you have any influence can you tell the admins I'm not that bad really.

I'm sure Spionfox will put in a good word for you. PM him some of your poetry so he can judge for himself.

Been here since all but the start.

Not bothered what anyone says, the forum was awesome up until about a couple of years ago, don't get me wrong it's still great now but a lot of the decent posters aren't around. There's still some decent posters on here today though.

Made some fantastic friends and probably some enemies on the way but there you go.

Many of the people that you will judge on here are nothing like they actually are in person.

Never fully seen eye to eye with Daggers on here but he's a good intelligent bloke. Same as TPH, fantastic bloke. In fact, I can't actually say anyone that I've met off here I dislike as a person.

Shall we all resolve to be nice to each other from now on and bury all the hatchets  :D

Apart from Raj , he's still an ungrateful sod 

:blush:  :kissing:

Gotta say 99% of people ive met on here were complete shites!!!

Unless I'm much mistaken in amongst all this lovely and not so lovely nostalgia, there is an inexplicable dearth of reminiscence about everyone's favourite public servant, Ultra.

The forum still has its firebrands but it's just not the same.  I've never been sure, but I assume that our Ultra is the same one that was so extraordinarily popular on the old 606 site, which eventually collapsed under the weight of people like me talking about Girls Aloud (sorry about that).

I'm extremely honoured that he is amongst a handful of FTers that I've actually met.  On the same day as I met Thracian!  The mind boggles, doesn't it?

TPH was there too, but sadly not at the same time.  That was the closest I got to meeting Daggers too, but I think he was doing something motorbike related instead - probably riding it, I should think.

I still owe Dr The Singh a pint from that day - don't worry, sir, I have not forgotten (as I have just proved by mentioning it).

I've met Raj more times than I've met any FTs and the jury remains very much out

I joined TB today but it looks a bit dead on there,

I tried to stir up some trouble between us and them by threatening to send moosey over to sort them out.

:blush:  :kissing:

Gotta say 99% of people ive met on here were complete shites!!!

you're too kind  :D

Its mentioning my poetry that got me banned. He won't want to click my sig then.

I'm very pedantic Rincewind. When I read stuff like.....

I wish I could feed the hungry

Standing in the food bank queues

I wish I could give more guidance

To the desperate with monies overdue.

I get annoyed at the fact that 'queues' and 'overdue' don't REALLY rhyme :P

I see they take bets on TB as to what middle name you'll use next :D there's some fascinating stuff on there .

I spelled out 'Steven is a c---' once over the course of about three weeks. Nobody noticed. Of course, he's barely been back on TB since before I did it, so it was a waste anyway.

I spelled out 'Steven is a c---' once over the course of about three weeks. Nobody noticed. Of course, he's barely been back on TB since before I did it, so it was a waste anyway.

lol

i'll look out for it  :thumbup:  are you sending out cryptically coded messages with this stuff ?

lol

i'll look out for it :thumbup: are you sending out cryptically coded messages with this stuff ?

Occasionally. Usually as a reference to something someone has said or done. The 'Steven is a c---' is something I've done a few times in various ways, because of the ongoing situation of Steven being a c---.

Occasionally. Usually as a reference to something someone has said or done. The 'Steven is a c---' is something I've done a few times in various ways, because of the ongoing situation of Steven being a c---.

Don't you find TB is generally a bit dull?

Whatever can be said about FT ,there's usually a few decent posters around to help pass a few hours with a bit of humour and plenty of good discussion.

I got the impression that  TB seem to really look down their noses at us .

Don't you find TB is generally a bit dull?

Whatever can be said about FT ,there's usually a few decent posters around to help pass a few hours with a bit of humour and plenty of good discussion.

I got the impression that TB seem to really look down their noses at us .

There's an element of that but I think there are more similarities than some will admit. That said, despite being ostensibly the same thing, the two are vastly different sites with entirely different populations. The prevailing tones and humour of the two appear to be wholly different.

There are one or two people there who I suspect would get under my skin if I ever met them, but over here that number is much higher just from reading this thread. Don't get me wrong, I've no doubt it's entirely possible to have a good discussion here, but if I came here more often I suspect I'd spend much more time updating my ignore list than actually posting.

Archived