Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nlukka

Knockaert - legend!

Really pleased for the lad. I know we win as a team and lose as a team but after 'that' moment I think the win and the goal was extra special! It's like it was written for him to score today.

Absolute carnage when he scored, mental scenes in the stands. I know players kissing the badge doesn't mean much (a la Beckford), but I genuinely feel like he has a lot of affection for the club and the fans. Think his goal today eclipsed the Forest away moment!

Also, it serves Watford right for showing the penalty on the big-screen pre-match. And their bloody mascot and PA giving it the big-un prw-match.

Now sat on a packed train surrounded by Watford fans. Never been more proud to be wearing my City shirt!

Really pleased for the lad. I know we win as a team and lose as a team but after 'that' moment I think the win and the goal was extra special! It's like it was written for him to score today.

Absolute carnage when he scored, mental scenes in the stands. I know players kissing the badge doesn't mean much (a la Beckford), but I genuinely feel like he has a lot of affection for the club and the fans. Think his goal today eclipsed the Forest away moment!

Also, it serves Watford right for showing the penalty on the big-screen pre-match. And their bloody mascot and PA giving it the big-un prw-match.

Now sat on a packed train surrounded by Watford fans. Never been more proud to be wearing my City shirt!

They fvcking what? Pearson needn't have bothered with a team talk.

Hahahahaha! 

He isn't a legend yet, far from it... I am pleased for him, but I'm pleased for all the players, and, us fans. 

A 3-0 away from home at any level is excellent, but the sweetest thing is the fact that we had the bitter pill since May and had to endure all the 'abuse' from the Watford fans that signed up here.

Yep thin my use of legend could just be me getting carried away, but if he does stay here for a few years I'm sure he will be well on the way!

And yes, Watford milked it pre-match. Their mascot placed the ball on the penalty spot at our end, pretended to miss and then did a one-man reenactment of their counter attack and goal. He then came back to our end and sat on the pitch pretending to be Knocky crying.

Think we all know who had the last laugh...

Imagine if he'd scored at the other end and celebrated in front of the Watford fans like Chris Wood did!

If he had done that I might have understood him being booked. What the hell was he even booked for? Celebrating in front of your own fans is a booking now?!

So pleased he scored, made victory all the sweeter. Great moment for him. And it was great he got to share with our fans.

BTW I don't think the term legend in the title is meant entirely literally.

I hope he does become a club legend though, he's got the talent for it, and he's already scored some goals that will be remembered for many years.

If he had done that I might have understood him being booked. What the hell was he even booked for? Celebrating in front of your own fans is a booking now?!

So pleased he scored, made victory all the sweeter. Great moment for him. And it was great he got to share with our fans.

We said this.

He didn't take his shirt off, etc.

Imagine if he'd scored at the other end and celebrated in front of the Watford fans like Chris Wood did!

If you watch the replay of Wood's goal. Knockers runs in front of their fans jumping and shouting abuse in their general direction  lol

Is madness -and I did think whilst that is the line a ref has to take its very harsh -  yet players generally don't get anything for goading fans etc.

Is madness -and I did think whilst that is the line a ref has to take its very harsh -  yet players generally don't get anything for goading fans etc.

The thing is, I understand you do get booked these days for jumping into the crowd (which in itself is a disgrace) but he didn't even do that. He just celebrated in front of them and a fan grabbed him.

Who didn't know Izzett was going to be a legend after watching him play a few times?

So long as Knockaert stays at the club, he will be a future legend.

The lad has the talent, excitement and passion. If we can keep him...and get promoted. He is well on the way to legend status for me.

Archived