Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Thank you Wasyl's army.

Weet je wat veel erger is, dat we ginder gewoonweg beter voetbal hebben gezien dan ons eigen RSCA momenteel speelt. 30 kansen op doel van Leicester, op het juiste moment prikken, spelers die vlot positie's overnemen etc....

From their forum, stick it into google translate, they're (sort of) jealous. :blush:

not true, i herd them at times at the back of N block. Only now and again but we was all wondering what was going on. Noise in that part of the stand wtf lol

Maybe you have supersonic hearing as I am nearer to them than that and never heard a dickie bird.

Weet je wat veel erger is, dat we ginder gewoonweg beter voetbal hebben gezien dan ons eigen RSCA momenteel speelt. 30 kansen op doel van Leicester, op het juiste moment prikken, spelers die vlot positie's overnemen etc....

From their forum, stick it into google translate, they're (sort of) jealous. :blush:

My Flemish isn't great, but this is easy enough to understand: "You know what's much worse?[much worse than what? I'd like to see the rest of the convo...] That we witnessed better football than our own RSCA currently play.  30 shots at goal from Leicester, laying the ball off at the right times, players running on the overlap etc..."

lol

To be fair, we assumed Polish when they first rocked in. Saw a couple of Anderlecht shirts but that's just part and parcel.

Obviously it soon became apparent they weren't. Pretty much everyone around me was.very positive about them though so the bloke near you is an unfortunate one off. You'll never please everyone, best to just ignore.

Agree mate. Its just I dont get to go to games very often as I live in Cornwall so when I do its sh!t that i'm unlucky enough to have some bellcheese sitting behind me. Apart from him though the whole thing was brilliant. Made me want to move back.

There were a few people saying, 'Why cant we be like that?' WE CAN!!

Just spent the whole game sat surrounded by Wasilewski"s personal fan club. About fifty to a hundred odd mad Belgians piled in to the normally silent C2 about five minutes in to the game and pretty much outsang everyone.

Fantastic. Great to see the support for Wasyl. Apparently they're coming back for Bolton.

Personal highlight was, in thick European accents, "we all agree, Millwall supporters are wankers." lol

Stewards didn't have a clue what to do. Golden.

I was about to post exactly the same thing!

Was about fifteen rows in front of them, absolute quality.

Managed to have a chat with a few at half time and they were literally doing an in out job and had a coach parked outside. Top Marks.

Only bad point I could say about them was they completely cleared the singha Burke bar before half time.

The Millwall supporters are wankers song in their accent had me in tears.

Yeah that was probably the highlight, reminded me of the video of Olympiakos fans at Chelsea singing "all of you are gays."

There's something about non-native English speakers being abusive in English that's inherently hilarious. Love it.

Hi All,

I'll try to write a quick post about the reason of our trip to the Foxes.

As you all know Wasyl is a former Anderlecht player.  He became quite popular in Anderlecht by scoring 2 goals in his first match for Anderlecht and for his encouragement and mentality during the games, but he gained even more respect after his comeback from the horrible leg injury he suffered from a tackle made by Axel Witsel in an Anderlecht - Standard game.  For those who don't, here's a video of it but beware, horrible to see... 

Anyway on a human level you have to give Wasyl infinite respect, because he needed to learn to walk a gain after that tackle.  It wasn't even sure if he would ever play football on a top level again.  He worked hard to get back, and never commented about the event ever again, only with 1 sentence he released to the media 1 week after the event:  "What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, I'll be back on the field one day".  He also did receive a new contract from the club during his revalidation, stating that the club believed in his comeback.  At the age of 33 he didn't got a new contract anymore due to his age an controversial style of playing in Belgium - he used his elbows a little bit too much from time to time

Back to yesterday's story, we have few of our fans travelling to UK games on a regular base.  They came up with the idea to set up a trip to the foxes to meet Wasyl again.  Few lads became more, and in the end a coach could be chartered and 70 of us would make the trip.

I started the journey at 6 AM in Antwerp.  We picked up some more guys in Gent and close to the border with France we were all complete.  Due to the fact we were on a thight schedule we arrived minutes after kick-off near the stadium.  We saw the 1-0 down in the stands when we gathered up to make our way to our seats.  I can understand that it might have been odd to see about 70 guys entering the stands about 15 minutes in the game, but I felt very welcome and immediately started to talk with the people behind me about the reason of our trip.  BTW we're all speaking English quite well ;)

It was great hearing you guys asking us to "keep up the noise boys" during half time down in the stands, and I must admit it was a great feeling having you peoplle giving us applause when we went down the stands near the end of the game.  Also I think the anti Millwall songs were much appreciated by you guys ;)

The club informed us in advance that Wasyl would greet us after the game, so when he came up to us things got a bit out of control, apologies for that - and also for standing up that much during the game.  But we had fun after all :)

After the game, Wasyl asked us to meet him outside the main entrance for a photo shoot, which we did.  About 2 hours after the game we went to our coach to head back home.

I arrived again at 5 AM this morning at home, but the trip was all worth it.

So yes, we did travel about 16 hours by coach to support Wasyl at his new club, and we'll be back 29th of December!

I must thank a few people who made this trip happen:

- The 3 guys setting up the trip

- LCFC ticketing office for arranging the tickets

- LCFC Media team for setting up the meet & greet

- LCFC Stewards who let us celebrate with Wasyl after the game without beiing agressive at all - such thing wouldn't be possible in Belgium

- LCFC Supporters for the warm welcome and respect to us.  Not all teams would be happy with 70 "strangers" in their stands singing, shouting and standing up all time.

- DJ Danny for the excellent house music on the coach :)

PS: sorry for my English, it isn't 100% at all

I've also attached some pictures :)

20131130_135705.jpg

20131130_160114.jpg

20131130_165824.jpg

20131130_173736.jpg

Hi All,

As you all know Wasyl is a former Anderlecht player.  He became quite popular in Anderlecht by scoring 2 goals in his first match for Anderlecht and for his encouragement and mentality during the games, but he gained even more respect after his comeback from the horrible leg injury he suffered from a tackle made by Axel Witsel in an Anderlecht - Standard game.  For those who don't, here's a video of it but beware, horrible to see... 

Anyway on a human level you have to give Wasyl infinite respect, because he needed to learn to walk a gain after that tackle.  It wasn't even sure if he would ever play football on a top level again.  He worked hard to get back, and never commented about the event ever again, only with 1 sentence he released to the media 1 week after the event:  "What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, I'll be back on the field one day".  He also did receive a new contract from the club during his revalidation, stating that the club believed in his comeback.  At the age of 33 he didn't got a new contract anymore due to his age an controversial style of playing in Belgium - he used his elbows a little bit too much from time to time

Back to yesterday's story, we have few of our fans travelling to UK games on a regular base.  They came up with the idea to set up a trip to the foxes to meet Wasyl again.  Few lads became more, and in the end a coach could be chartered and 70 of us would make the trip.

I started the journey at 6 AM in Antwerp.  We picked up some more guys in Gent and close to the border with France we were all complete.  Due to the fact we were on a thight schedule we arrived minutes after kick-off near the stadium.  We saw the 1-0 down in the stands when we gathered up to make our way to our seats.  I can understand that it might have been odd to see about 70 guys entering the stands about 15 minutes in the game, but I felt very welcome and immediately started to talk with the people behind me about the reason of our trip.  BTW we're all speaking English quite well ;)

It was great hearing you guys asking us to "keep up the noise boys" during half time down in the stands, and I must admit it was a great feeling having you peoplle giving us applause when we went down the stands near the end of the game.  Also I think the anti Millwall songs were much appreciated by you guys ;)

The club informed us in advance that Wasyl would greet us after the game, so when he came up to us things got a bit out of control, apologies for that - and also for standing up that much during the game.  But we had fun after all :)

After the game, Wasyl asked us to meet him outside the main entrance for a photo shoot, which we did.  About 2 hours after the game we went to our coach to head back home.

So yes, we did travel about 16 hours by coach to support Wasyl at his new club, and we'll be back 29th of December!

- LCFC Stewards who let us celebrate with Wasyl after the game without beiing agressive at all - such thing wouldn't be possible in Belgium

- LCFC Supporters for the warm welcome and respect to us.  Not all teams would be happy with 70 "strangers" in their stands singing, shouting and standing up all time.

20131130_135705.jpg

20131130_160114.jpg

20131130_165824.jpg

20131130_173736.jpg

Superb read that.

You're welcome in Leicester any time, sounds as though you had a fantastic day out.

Hi All,

As you all know Wasyl is a former Anderlecht player. He became quite popular in Anderlecht by scoring 2 goals in his first match for Anderlecht and for his encouragement and mentality during the games, but he gained even more respect after his comeback from the horrible leg injury he suffered from a tackle made by Axel Witsel in an Anderlecht - Standard game. For those who don't, here's a video of it but beware, horrible to see...

Anyway on a human level you have to give Wasyl infinite respect, because he needed to learn to walk a gain after that tackle. It wasn't even sure if he would ever play football on a top level again. He worked hard to get back, and never commented about the event ever again, only with 1 sentence he released to the media 1 week after the event: "What doesn't kill me, makes me stronger, I'll be back on the field one day". He also did receive a new contract from the club during his revalidation, stating that the club believed in his comeback. At the age of 33 he didn't got a new contract anymore due to his age an controversial style of playing in Belgium - he used his elbows a little bit too much from time to time

Back to yesterday's story, we have few of our fans travelling to UK games on a regular base. They came up with the idea to set up a trip to the foxes to meet Wasyl again. Few lads became more, and in the end a coach could be chartered and 70 of us would make the trip.

I started the journey at 6 AM in Antwerp. We picked up some more guys in Gent and close to the border with France we were all complete. Due to the fact we were on a thight schedule we arrived minutes after kick-off near the stadium. We saw the 1-0 down in the stands when we gathered up to make our way to our seats. I can understand that it might have been odd to see about 70 guys entering the stands about 15 minutes in the game, but I felt very welcome and immediately started to talk with the people behind me about the reason of our trip. BTW we're all speaking English quite well ;)

It was great hearing you guys asking us to "keep up the noise boys" during half time down in the stands, and I must admit it was a great feeling having you peoplle giving us applause when we went down the stands near the end of the game. Also I think the anti Millwall songs were much appreciated by you guys ;)

The club informed us in advance that Wasyl would greet us after the game, so when he came up to us things got a bit out of control, apologies for that - and also for standing up that much during the game. But we had fun after all :)

After the game, Wasyl asked us to meet him outside the main entrance for a photo shoot, which we did. About 2 hours after the game we went to our coach to head back home.

- LCFC Supporters for the warm welcome and respect to us. Not all teams would be happy with 70 "strangers" in their stands singing, shouting and standing up all time.

20131130_135705.jpg

20131130_160114.jpg

20131130_165824.jpg

20131130_173736.jpg

what is the possibility of you guys coming to an away game with us? That would be great singing new songs and you also singing some of our songs :)

Also for your next trip I recommend SK1 in the top corner. After you've all bought your tickets make sure you tell is where you are sitting so some of us can come join you :)

To be fair to the stewards, we're playing Millwall and 50 - 100 odd blokes who clearly aren't "native" Leicester fans rock in and all pour in to one block in a huge wave a good five to ten minutes in to the game.

They didn't come in in dribs and drabs they all surged in at once, the collective looks on everyone's faces around us was a definite "WTF?!"

It was class, loved it and glad the stewards eventually settled and let them get on with it but you can forgive them a bit of alarm to begin with.

This..

They were sitting a couple of rows above me and were great. No evidence of any aggro or anything.

A particular favourite was 'we all agree, Millwall supporters are wankers'!

lol

The stewards just made sure all was well, and left em alone.

Superb read that.

You're welcome in Leicester any time, sounds as though you had a fantastic day out.

Was a fantastic read, the injury though I don't want to see again let alone Wasyl.

Truly career ending that just like David Buust for Cov in the 90's.

Let's hope when they come back on the 29th we can get a few more singing with them.

They look like they enjoy a party.

To the RSC Anderlecht fan who did that little review up above - that is fantastic. A little humbling too in the fact you had such a great experience and enjoyment whilst seeing your beloved ex-player. it's great that there's still a connection from Anderlecht fans to a player who used to be one of their own and that feeling is clearly reciprocated from Wasyl back to the fans too. It's superb commitment on your end to travel all that way and I think it was clear to see that it inspired Wasilewski's performance. No wonder he wanted to get up that right wing so much!

As said above, you guys are welcome any time and I hope you sit in the same area for the Bolton game, too!

Enjoy any of your other travels you make, have a great Christmas and see you back on the 29th! :thumbup:

As an anderlecht fan:

here are the lyrics to the songs we sing for him:

"wazyyl wazyyl lalalalalaa" (on the beat of brazil from canzone)

"Axel Witseeeel he's a ****ing asshole he's a ****ing assholeee" (Witsel is a ****wit that broke wazyl's leg and thanks to that he missed half a season)

oh and if you want to go to anderlecht you want to be sitting in the N17 block, the guy who organized all this sits in that block and a lot of others who were there

greets ;)

To be fair to the stewards, we're playing Millwall and 50 - 100 odd blokes who clearly aren't "native" Leicester fans rock in and all pour in to one block in a huge wave a good five to ten minutes in to the game. 

They didn't come in in dribs and drabs they all surged in at once, the collective looks on everyone's faces around us was a definite "WTF?!"

It was class, loved it and glad the stewards eventually settled and let them get on with it but you can forgive them a bit of alarm to begin with.

We all gathered up below to make our entry as impressive as we could - here we are boys.  Must have been strange to see indeed :D

Archived