Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
eddylcfc

Milwall Player Ratings

Kasper 8 - not very busy but great distribution; gets an assist for the second

Marcin 7.5 - spurred on by the Polish (?) contingent in the West Stand, great pass in the build-up for the opener

Wes 7 - solid as ever

Miguel 8 - impressive in the air and with the ball at his feet

Konchesky 7.5 - good going forward

Knocky 7 - did well without being outstanding

Drinky 9 - superb in everything he did today

James 7.5 - broke the play up well, good positioning and passing

Dyer 8 - I love him, great goal and some comedy moments as well

Nugent 7.5 - worked hard, shame he didn't score just before getting subbed

Vardy 9 - first goal was tremendous, did very well for the second

subs 7 all round, helped see the game out. GTF looking sharper, Wood grew into the game as it went on. 

All round, a very happy day!

Schmeichel 7 - Some good catches, and great kick for Vardy's first

Wasilewski 6 - Personally I wouldn't play him right-back

Morgan 8 - Dominant performance by our captain

Miquel 7 - Not sure, caught out position a couple of times, better second half

Konchesky 7 - Consistent performance, but a couple of awful passes early on

Knockaert 7 - Was alright in parts

Drinkwater 8 - Comfortable and controlled performance

James 8 - Was everywhere, has bags of energy and closed down well

Dyer 8 - In great form, well taken volley

Nugent 7 - Hustled and bustled, but not the best

Vardy 9 - Taking his chances so well nowadays, first goal was incredible

Subs - All did a good job, Hammond in particular looked so comfortable.

Kasper 7.5. Great distribution that helps our fast attacking counter play.

Wasilewski 8. He's a machine. Solid, full of effort and terrifying in the air. Love to see him sprinting back to defence following our attack.

Morgan 7.5. Solid as usual

Miquel 8.5. Classy. Good in the air, good on the ball

Konchesky 7.5 Got forward well, and I don't remember anything coming down his side from them

Knockaert 8.5 Everywhere. Makes things happen for us

James 8.5 Too good to leave out the side, can't see King getting back in for a while. Quick feet, strong. Seemed to really enjoy himself out there.

Drinkwater 7.5 Makes us tick. Has more confidence now- proved that for our first goal

Dyer 7.5 Love the bloke. Took his goal well, came up against a full back almost as fast as him today!

Nugent 6.5 Seemed a few times to wait for the ball, bit sluggish.

Vardy 9. Great lay offs, a total pain for their defenders. Pace. His goal showed he only had one thing on his mind from the minute he got the ball

Thought Wood looked sharp when he came on. Would maybe give him a start on Tues.

Kasper - 6 - Didn't have a lot to do

Wasyl - 10 - His fan club was here, ****ing legend

Morgan - 7- Steady

Miquel - 7 - Steady

Paul - 7  Steady

Knocky - 8 - Always creating.

James - 8 - Did a ****ing job.

Danny - 8 - see above

Dyer - 7 - Kept up his great form this season.

Vardy - 9 motm - Wasn't involved too much apart from his goals which says a great deal about how much he has progressed.

Nugent - 6 - Average.

can't be arsed to comment on the subs.

Kasper 7 - Not busy, but good distribution today.

Marcin 8

Morgan 8

Miguel 8 - Very impressive on the ball but I expect nothing less of an Arsenal player

Konchesky 8

Knockaert 8

Drinkwater 8.5 - Man of the match

James 7.5

Dyer 8 - Electric

Nugent 7.5 - Hard working, again.

Vardy 8.5

Schmeichel - 8.5 Clean sheet,great throw for Vardy's 1st..didn't have much to do..the .5 for the brave point blank save 2nd half.

Wasilewski - 8 Solid and good play for Dyers goal..was going to give him 10,in case he reads this and tears me in 2.

Morgan - 7 Steady game..typical Morgan I guess.

Miquel - 8 Surprised me to be honest..good in the air and with the ball at feet.

Konch - 7.5 A few bad passes 1st half,better 2nd half..got forward more.

Knockeart - 7 Nothing outstanding but good performance nonetheless.

Drinkwater - 8.5 Great move/cross for the 1st..looks confident with the ball..no cupping of ears as he got applauded when subbed.

James - 8 Looked comfortable with the ball and played well.Hope he gets more games.

Dyer - 8.5 Sweet volley for the 1st..always a threat.

Nugent - 7 Decent shot 2nd half..not much else..some good link up.

Vardy - 9.5 Two excellent goals..ran from home end at speed with the ball all the way to score,great awareness to pounce on their defenders weak backpass,then went past the keeper and scores from a tight angle going away from goal.Would've been a 10 if he bagged 3 which he nearly did.

And as Lambert09 said..10 for the Anderlecht fans..respect to them for coming all that way..outsung most fans and great scenes with Wasilewski at the end.

In fact they get 11 for chanting that they agree..they hate Millwall wan*ers too..Quality.

Wasil 10 - what a beast. Energy like a tank, great defensively, brings in more supporters who add atmosphere to the ground. Absolute phenomenal performance - extend his contact NP.

The rest

Kasper - great assist for Vardy's 1st goal 8

Morgan 8 - composed as usual

Miquel  9 - quality and so composed on the ball

Konch - Mr. Reliable 8

DD - Upped his game from last season 9

James - superb how he covers the ground, shields the defence and effortless moves into positions that makes himself available 9

Dyer - great finish, having his best season so far 8

Knockaert - absolute genius - draws 3 or 4  players onto him creating space for others - a box of tricks 9

Nugent - Tidy performance 8

Vardy - How can a player improve so much in 12 months - 2 fantastic goals, tireless energy 10

Subs

Wood - best I've seen him play, actually jumped for the ball 9

Hammond - love the way he shields the back 4 whether it be defending a 2 - 1 lead or winning comfortably - will have a vital role in Feb / March away from home 8

GTF - composed see Hammond 8

Pearson 10 had the bottle to rest King and Moore who have been very good but have looked mentally tired

Anderlect fans 11 outstanding - gave the place a real lift

I didn't think that we played very well in all honesty, aside from 10-20 minutes and 50-60 minutes and during that 20 mins we scored three times.

For the first 10 minutes we played like we were completely asleep, and the Dyer goal, expertly created by Drinkwater, was from our first meaningful attack. The last half an hour was a waste of time, which is fine really given that we have 2 tough away games coming up. All in all a good 3 points, but a chance missed to boost our goal difference.

Schmeichel 7 - Had nothing to do, but distribution was generally good (just the one goal kick going directly out of play!)

Wasilewski 8 - Monstrous

Morgan 7 - Wasn't overly troubled. A bit over-elaborate on occasion.

Miquel 7.5 - Certainly didn't look out of place. Amazing competition for places at the back.

Konchesky 7 - Solid and unlucky not to score

Knockaert 7.5 - Without scoring or assisting was our most persistent threat throughout. 

James 7 - A very Danns performance in the first half. Erratic touch, lots of energy. Very King in the second half, always in the right place and made some decent surges forward.

Drinkwater 8 - So much better than he was 6-8 months ago. Used the ball sensibly and is now so important that he's getting rested 20 minutes from time. Inconceivable 8 months ago.

Dyer 8 - Loves it. Some of his decision-making/execution is barely Sunday League standard, but he takes up some great positions and when he's prepared to take people on he's great at this level.

Nugent 5.5 - Very disappointing again. I am surprised by the number of people saying that he worked hard. From where I was sat it looked like he spent most of the game moaning at the referee. He just doesn't look as sharp as a year ago, which is a shame because he is a very good player when on his game.

Vardy 8.5 - Two good goals and a pain throughout.

Subs offered nothing really. I think I need to see Hammond in an away game to appreciate his value, because with us 3-0 up at home to Millwall he wasn't going to offer anything. Wood was unlucky not to score. GTF wobbled about and looked tidy.

Kasper 8 No trouble

Was 8 There's a reason fans love him. He's fvcking ace

Wes 8 Everything you want in a captain

Miquel 9 Kinnell

Konch 7.5 Played well against a tricky winger

Knocky 7.5 Looked dangerous when he had it and tracked when he didnt

Drinky 9 Bossed it. Half the size of their midfield but twice the player

James 7.5 Gwon

Dyer 8.5 Gorra love a birra Dyoh

Nugent 7 Not great but did enough

Vards 9 Considering he got kicked to fvck first half, scored two great goals. Human League chant is so much better than the ooh one

Hammond, Wood and GTF 7.5 for all. Woody is on the brink if scoring shitloads again.

I didn't think that we played very well in all honesty, aside from 10-20 minutes and 50-60 minutes and during that 20 mins we scored three times.

For the first 10 minutes we played like we were completely asleep, and the Dyer goal, expertly created by Drinkwater, was from our first meaningful attack. The last half an hour was a waste of time, which is fine really given that we have 2 tough away games coming up. All in all a good 3 points, but a chance missed to boost our goal difference.

Schmeichel 7 - Had nothing to do, but distribution was generally good (just the one goal kick going directly out of play!)

Wasilewski 8 - Monstrous

Morgan 7 - Wasn't overly troubled. A bit over-elaborate on occasion.

Miquel 7.5 - Certainly didn't look out of place. Amazing competition for places at the back.

Konchesky 7 - Solid and unlucky not to score

Knockaert 7.5 - Without scoring or assisting was our most persistent threat throughout. 

James 7 - A very Danns performance in the first half. Erratic touch, lots of energy. Very King in the second half, always in the right place and made some decent surges forward.

Drinkwater 8 - So much better than he was 6-8 months ago. Used the ball sensibly and is now so important that he's getting rested 20 minutes from time. Inconceivable 8 months ago.

Dyer 8 - Loves it. Some of his decision-making/execution is barely Sunday League standard, but he takes up some great positions and when he's prepared to take people on he's great at this level.

Nugent 5.5 - Very disappointing again. I am surprised by the number of people saying that he worked hard. From where I was sat it looked like he spent most of the game moaning at the referee. He just doesn't look as sharp as a year ago, which is a shame because he is a very good player when on his game.

Vardy 8.5 - Two good goals and a pain throughout.

Subs offered nothing really. I think I need to see Hammond in an away game to appreciate his value, because with us 3-0 up at home to Millwall he wasn't going to offer anything. Wood was unlucky not to score. GTF wobbled about and looked tidy.

Pretty much agree with all of this. I would mark Nugent at a 6 and Drinkwater at a 9. He was the best player on the pitch by a mile. If he is out of contract I'd say his was the one we need to renew more than any other. Everything creative pretty much starts with him. A massive leap from last season.

Not sure we defended set pieces that convincingly either.

Kasper 9 - Caught crosses confidently and created Vardy's opportunities with fantastic distribution

Marcin 8 - Up and down the right side with gusto. Deserved his place

Wes 7.5 - Not the best opposition but did it all with his usual quality and looked threatening from set pieces in the opposing penalty box.

Miguel 7 - Got turned a couple of times but I like him. Has quality playing out from the back also.

Konchesky 7 - Could have scored late on, Did his job well without being tested too often from a poor Millwall side.

Knocky 8 - Some lovely touches. He is the little bit of class that can be the difference.

Drinky 8 - The team's engine. Quietly goes about business and keeps us ticking over.

James 8 - High quality performance and deserved his place over King. 

Dyer 8.5 - Sensational finish for the first goal and the usual high paced all action 100% committed Lloyd. 

Nugent 7.5 - Some nice interplay. no goals today but chased down well and worked hard. 

Vardy 9.5 - The focal point of our attacking play. Quick, hard working, neat and now deadly in front of goal. What was so impressive about him yesterday was that he made the chances as well and took them superbly. He's starting to look like a real bargain.

Subs:

Wood 7.5 - Some very neat close control and distribution. He's in form but how could you drop Nugent or Vardy for him at the moment? Will get his time.

GTF 7 - Played out of position wide and did a job. 

Hammond 7 - Sent on to do his usual disrupt their play role late on and did fine.

In truth with the players Millwall had out there yesterday they should have been a much more formidable opponent. However in truth the produced very little of quality and we didn't have to get into top gear to sweep them aside. Whilst the first half was a tighter affair the second was a one sided effort and in truth after the Vardy brace we took our foot off the gas with an eye on Tuesday evening. Even then Millwall created little to nothing while we continued to created sporadic chances that could have led to an even more humiliating defeat for the underachieving Lions.

That said in recent seasons we would sometimes struggle to put opponents like this to the sword so to see us dispatch Millwall with such relative ease was very pleasing and shows how far we have come from 12 months ago.

For me in January we don't need to sign anyone new, however the owners need to show faith in this project and sign Morgan, Kasper, Nugent and the Gaffer on new long term contracts to secure the spine of this high quality side for seasons to come.

Kasper 9 - Caught crosses confidently and created Vardy's opportunities with fantastic distribution

Marcin 8 - Up and down the right side with gusto. Deserved his place

Wes 7.5 - Not the best opposition but did it all with his usual quality and looked threatening from set pieces in the opposing penalty box.

Miguel 7 - Got turned a couple of times but I like him. Has quality playing out from the back also.

Konchesky 7 - Could have scored late on, Did his job well without being tested too often from a poor Millwall side.

Knocky 8 - Some lovely touches. He is the little bit of class that can be the difference.

Drinky 8 - The team's engine. Quietly goes about business and keeps us ticking over.

James 8 - High quality performance and deserved his place over King. 

Dyer 8.5 - Sensational finish for the first goal and the usual high paced all action 100% committed Lloyd. 

Nugent 7.5 - Some nice interplay. no goals today but chased down well and worked hard. 

Vardy 9.5 - The focal point of our attacking play. Quick, hard working, neat and now deadly in front of goal. What was so impressive about him yesterday was that he made the chances as well and took them superbly. He's starting to look like a real bargain.

Subs:

Wood 7.5 - Some very neat close control and distribution. He's in form but how could you drop Nugent or Vardy for him at the moment? Will get his time.

GTF 7 - Played out of position wide and did a job. 

Hammond 7 - Sent on to do his usual disrupt their play role late on and did fine.

In truth with the players Millwall had out there yesterday they should have been a much more formidable opponent. However in truth the produced very little of quality and we didn't have to get into top gear to sweep them aside. Whilst the first half was a tighter affair the second was a one sided effort and in truth after the Vardy brace we took our foot off the gas with an eye on Tuesday evening. Even then Millwall created little to nothing while we continued to created sporadic chances that could have led to an even more humiliating defeat for the underachieving Lions.

That said in recent seasons we would sometimes struggle to put opponents like this to the sword so to see us dispatch Millwall with such relative ease was very pleasing and shows how far we have come from 12 months ago.

For me in January we don't need to sign anyone new, however the owners need to show faith in this project and sign Morgan, Kasper, Nugent and the Gaffer on new long term contracts to secure the spine of this high quality side for seasons to come.

A winger or two would be nice as well as offloading Danns, Waghorn and Gallagher.

A winger or two would be nice as well as offloading Danns, Waghorn and Gallagher.

You are probably right as if we lost Knockaert or Dyer to injury we are fairly thin, however the point I was trying to make is signing the spine of our side on new long term deals is far more important in my opinion.

Archived