Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Formula 1 2014

Ferrari have got a lot of sorting out to do and hopefully the Vettel signing will turn out to be a good one.

Assuming neither Ferrari driver can pull something amazing out the bag in Abu Dhabi, this is the first season since 1993 where there have been 0 Ferrari victories.

Jeez that's worrying. Can't believe it's almost been a year since the skiing accident happened, time has flown by really fast.

Makes you wonder how much more he'll improve with it being so long. Is this as good as he'll get.

I know what you mean about time flying. He had the accident on my birthday, can't believe I'm nearly another year older!

The annoying thing about this season is that in previous years when a team came out with an innovative idea it was either banned as being an unfair advantage or other teams copied the idea and therefore it became the norm and helped push the boundries. This year, mercedes have brought out an engine that is far better than other engines, an engine they had been working on for nearly 3 years, yet they have been allowed to retain it for this year and next and other teams are only allowed minimum development on their engine for next year.

Then we have the whole Sky media circus claiming the new engines sounded great and you could now hear the "squeal of the tyres" and how this years championship was one of the greatest ever etc. Well that's a load of crap. I went to this years British GP and it was awful compared to previous years. There was just no atmosphere and the cars sounded shit, you could hardly hear them till they had gone past, and the sound was the main thing that gave you the atmosphere! 

The annoying thing about this season is that in previous years when a team came out with an innovative idea it was either banned as being an unfair advantage or other teams copied the idea and therefore it became the norm and helped push the boundries. This year, mercedes have brought out an engine that is far better than other engines, an engine they had been working on for nearly 3 years, yet they have been allowed to retain it for this year and next and other teams are only allowed minimum development on their engine for next year.

Then we have the whole Sky media circus claiming the new engines sounded great and you could now hear the "squeal of the tyres" and how this years championship was one of the greatest ever etc. Well that's a load of crap. I went to this years British GP and it was awful compared to previous years. There was just no atmosphere and the cars sounded shit, you could hardly hear them till they had gone past, and the sound was the main thing that gave you the atmosphere! 

I completely agree with your points. I'd love to see the likes of Red Bull and Ferrari give Mercedes a run for their money next season.

Sky have always been gullible about the new regulations being good for F1. It doesn't matter whether the changes are good or bad, they'll just accept whatever happens in the sport and that really is annoying. The only two people I like working for Sky F1 are Martin Brundle and Damon Hill, they know what they're talking about. The rest of them suck.

Hamilton being the born winner he is will not just take things easy and settle for second, he will want to win for sure.

That's why I would be worried if I was a Hamilton fan and is the only reason why I think tomorrow's race could actually be an exciting showdown for the championship.

Archived