Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Amin

Formula 1 2014

Williams have done ok but they don't really offer much excitement.

Neither of their drivers are world champion material and they are only competing with the likes of Ferrari and Red Bull due to the gulf between the 3 engines.

Where as McLaren are going for it by getting Honda engines, you feel Williams will be delighted to be an upper midfield team in the top 5. 

That's why it's a shame he's staying next season. Vettel is a good signing but really the team needs someone like Hulkenberg who has never had the opportunity at a big team and that WOULD give everything to fight for that extra point in the race.

That's why it's a shame he's staying next season. Vettel is a good signing but really the team needs someone like Hulkenberg who has never had the opportunity at a big team and that WOULD give everything to fight for that extra point in the race.

Really, who cares if you get a few extra points if the car is too shit to win races?

If the car is competitive, Kimi will compete. Hulkenberg won't turn 8th/9th place finishes in to wins.

Ferrari need to turn up with a machine that isn't complete doggo. Likewise Mclaren.

Because the season can come down to a single point - millions in prize money rest on a single point. Plus it's the professional thing to do. If you're getting paid millions you're expected to do the absolute best job that you can given the circumstances. Ok, the Ferrari has been grim this year, but the difference between him and Alonso has been incredible. They're both World Champions, yet Alonso beat Kimi 16-3 in qualifying, and 16-3 in races. That's the difference between a committed racer and a lazy has-been.

I have a lot of respect for Kimi, and taking the title away from McLaren in '07 is still one of my favourite things to have happened. But there can't be much room for sentiment when the team needs everyone pulling their weight to get the team back to the front. Kimi is great for marketing and an occasional catchphrase, but he has massively, massively underperformed this year. Considering Massa was (rightfully) binned off at the end of 2013 for his performances, it's worth noting that he brought in more than double the points then that Kimi has this year - and that's with the opportunity for double points yesterday.

Your logic is strange anyway, it's a bit like saying "Scotland won't win the Euros, so what's the point of trying to beat Ireland in a Qualifier?"

It's not my point, it's his, and they aren't directly comparable.

Really, what you want to ask, is why you'd pay the wages of a world champion with a history of losing interest if you've no resources to produce a competitive car?

I refuse to believe they're that surprised by their pace this year. I know that they aren't supposed to spy on each other but I guarantee the manufacturers all have a rough idea of how each other are performing.

Mclaren scaled back, ran with a fading veteran and a cheap rookie and went by largely anonymous. Ferrari, meanwhile, put together the best driving team on the grid - by a stretch - and gave them a car you knew would be terrible from the first time they revealed the nose.

I can't be disappointed that the title decider is going to end because of an issue with the car? 

And of course if it was Lewis with a problem you wouldn't be pissing your pants? lol

If the Ferrari doesn't improve next year there'll be massive problems. Vettel has struggled massively to adapt to change this year with less downforce, and next season driving a completely new car with what you'd think would have even less downforce hardly bodes well does it? And a half arsed Raikkonen? Ferrari won't put up with a constantly whining Vettel.

I don't know how much they can improve the engine either.

Not convinced Kimi is demotivated, he just isn't that good and never has been.

The way things stand, it looks like being another battle between Rosberg and Hamilton and I wonder if a calmer Lewis will win more comfortably.

Hamilton is due to get 100m a year, but do people actually like him considering he refuses to live in the uk for tax reasons, for me I think he is a muppet, what's are the thoughts on here?

Can you blame him for not wanting to live here? Dont mean to sound rude but if you were on that sort of money and let yourself get taxed a huge amount just to live here then you would surely be the 'muppet'.

He's british, used government services since he was a kid, assume he was born in an NHS hospital. Surely he should be paying back.

Ideal world an all I know.

I don't have a choice but to pay my taxes as I've not got a swimming pool full of cash. If I had the choice I would like to say I would.....lol

Hamilton is due to get 100m a year, but do people actually like him considering he refuses to live in the uk for tax reasons, for me I think he is a muppet, what's are the thoughts on here?

£100 million a year?! That can't be right.

You'd be a bit daft to pay half your income in tax to the treasury if you didn't have to.

I like Hamilton because we have somewhat similar personalities and he is in my opinion the best actual racer and most exciting driver on the grid.

He's british, used government services since he was a kid, assume he was born in an NHS hospital. Surely he should be paying back.

Ideal world an all I know.

I don't have a choice but to pay my taxes as I've not got a swimming pool full of cash. If I had the choice I would like to say I would..... lol

Mansell moved to the isle of Man for tax reasons back in his day

Why would Mcclaren not have Magnussen as the reserve driver? The only question they should be asking is who will score more points, Button or Magnussen? Button by a country mile, almost certainly. Have the lad learning from them 2 around the team, taking a few practice sessions etc and he'd probably come on more than being trounced by Alonso week in, week out, so why Mclaren wouldn't/won't be doing this I find quite astonishing.

Why would Mcclaren not have Magnussen as the reserve driver? The only question they should be asking is who will score more points, Button or Magnussen? Button by a country mile, almost certainly. Have the lad learning from them 2 around the team, taking a few practice sessions etc and he'd probably come on more than being trounced by Alonso week in, week out, so why Mclaren wouldn't/won't be doing this I find quite astonishing.

Exactly my thoughts.  Will be disappointed if Jenson isn't there next season.

Archived