Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
english_gent

Jeffrey Schlupp on loan for the rest of the season to wigan

MK Dons relative has text to say they are linked with Waggy on loan. If true, NP wouldn't let both of them go surely? Waggy go Jeff stay

If he lets both go I wouldn't be surprised to see him get another in on loan.

But then again.. Nugent, Vardy, Taylor-Fletcher and Wood? That's still as good an attacking four as any in this league in my opinion.

Danns out, Jeff out (potentially) so maybe a significant in-bound signing is on the way?

Seems a strange move to loan him to Wigan but if he's playing and scoring against our rivals then we won't be complaining. He might come back a better player too.

It'd be better for him to go to a Championship team and progress, Wigan aren't as big a rival this season as Derby, QPR and Burnley. Also, we get a chance to see if he can cut it in this league. It could mean we're about to sign a winger and a striker, Bakayogo and Miquel can both cover at left back.

Schulpp is not going to get in Wigans team.

Squad n paper they are as good as anyone in this division QPR apart.

So what is the point in letting him go?

He might as well be our squad player makes no sense to reduce our bench quality.

Guest MattP

So what is the point in letting him go?

He might as well be our squad player makes no sense to reduce our bench quality.

I agree. Unless we are still struggling to make FFP.

Don't like us sending players out to our rivals - also think we have a use for him in the Squad unless we replace him with better

It might mean we have a left back and Centre Forward coming in if we let him go out on loan

Still i'd rather we sent him to league one

agreed, now they're out of Europe they could be a danger, but surely 20 points behind it shouldn't matter?

I'd like to think we'll have an incoming left back, not to fussed about up front, apart from v millwall he hasnt really played up front and hasn't looked dangerous

my only worry is what cover would we have for lloyd if injured

Guest MattP

Didn't think there was a problem now that the owners had taken shares.

No one has stated it makes too much difference either way for sure, under the FFP laws only 3million of converted equity can be used to offset the 8milion actual loss limit for FFP.

Wasn't Jeff one of those players given a Sventract? He's on a fair old wedge isn't he?

lol I like that

I HATE that tripe that everyone comes out with about helping our rivals by sending a player out on loan.

If he's not good enough for our first team and he is for theirs then clearly they have a worse team than us so will do very well to do better than us over the course of the season. Secondly, and more importantly, the other side of the coin is that the player on loan can help his loan team beat teams in and around us in the table but people seem not to realise that.

Say we're battling it out with Derby and QPR for automatic promotion and Wigan go to Loftus Road with Schlupp bagging a last minute winner for them, then the following week scores a hat trick in a home win against Derby, how many people are going to praise Pearson for loaning him out?! Nobody. Yet if he scores a load against other teams and Wigan move up the table it'll be all the old tripe like we had with Campbell at Blackpool.

If they're not wanted here, it makes sense to get rid of them... to whoever wants them. On the basis of Schlupp's performances this season he'll be no great loss other than the fact that if Konchesky gets injured Bakayogo clearly isn't of the standard required.

Archived