Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
english_gent

Jeffrey Schlupp on loan for the rest of the season to wigan

Don't like us sending players out to our rivals - also think we have a use for him in the Squad unless we replace him with better

It might mean we have a left back and Centre Forward coming in if we let him go out on loan

Still i'd rather we sent him to league one

Wigan will suit him very well, Rösler likes attacking football.

I do hope he'll feature up front a lot more than as a LB, they haven't really set the world alight with their scoring record so far.

Or at least have Rösler try and see how it works out as a LM for Schlupp.

Guest MattP

You know we have a strong squad when teams with Grant Holt, Nick Powell, Shuan Maloney and Callum McManaman want our strikers on loan.

Although Wigan are strong, and could end up having a shot at the play offs imo, Schlupp could do with more experience if he isn't an essential member of our squad (just back up) and if he did play for Wigan then he'd be getting experience at this level in a good squad.

However, I don't like us getting rid of another striker. Surely we'd only be left with Wood, Nugent, Vardy, Taylor Fletcher and Waghorn then? Don't think I'm missing anybody. Unless we are thinking of bringing in another striker. Thing is with Schlupp, he is decent because of his ability to play three totally different positions.

You know we have a strong squad when teams with Grant Holt, Nick Powell, Shuan Maloney and Callum McManaman want our strikers on loan.

Loan swap for McManaman with view to permanents at the end of the season?

I'd take that.

You know we have a strong squad when teams with Grant Holt, Nick Powell, Shuan Maloney and Callum McManaman want our reserve strikers on loan.

Fixed it.

If they are paying full whack for his wages, then can't see the harm as long as we have a recall clause, the biggest issue is he can cover a number of positions, the problem is none of them that well. He needs games to develop and he isn't getting many here, now Waghorn is back from his loan and Wood can't be far off a return, so do we need 6 strikers?

MK Dons relative has text to say they are linked with Waggy on loan. If true, NP wouldn't let both of them go surely? Waggy go Jeff stay

Both surplus to requirements with what is coming in. I think we'll keep Nuge Vardy, GTF and Wood and add KP

Find it kind of strange. A team usually makes a drive to the play-offs in the second half of the season, and at the minute I wouldn't be surprised if that's Wigan, he probably won't start but do we want to loan him to a promotion rival?

If anything I thought he'd drop to League 1, or go to Charlton a team he has been linked with before.

Hmm - Schlupp is a useful bench player - able to come on for Dyer and maintain pace down the left, for Vardy maintaining pace up front of for Konch if injured or more pace needed at LB. I would have kept him just to give us options mid game  - similar to having 3 players on the bench. . Although I suppose Miguel can cover both LB as well as CB but we don't have a back up pace man on the bench any more unless this potential french chap is on the cards and can play on both flanks with pace.

Wigan?!

Mind you Rosler did have him at Brentford didn't he?

I still don't think what Wigan do will be of a huge threat to us so I think whilst it's risky, this would prove to be a good move. Very good chance to prove himself in a good footballing side.

When Wood is fit and possibly someone in on loan upfront I don't see Schlupp as making the bench. I think NP sees Miquel as adequate cover for Konchesky and therefore unless we have a raft of injuries it would mean that Schlupp won't make the bench at all. Would make sense for him to get a loan and play some games.

Archived