Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
english_gent

Jeffrey Schlupp on loan for the rest of the season to wigan

I HATE that tripe that everyone comes out with about helping our rivals by sending a player out on loan.

If he's not good enough for our first team and he is for theirs then clearly they have a worse team than us so will do very well to do better than us over the course of the season. Secondly, and more importantly, the other side of the coin is that the player on loan can help his loan team beat teams in and around us in the table but people seem not to realise that.

Say we're battling it out with Derby and QPR for automatic promotion and Wigan go to Loftus Road with Schlupp bagging a last minute winner for them, then the following week scores a hat trick in a home win against Derby, how many people are going to praise Pearson for loaning him out?! Nobody. Yet if he scores a load against other teams and Wigan move up the table it'll be all the old tripe like we had with Campbell at Blackpool.

If they're not wanted here, it makes sense to get rid of them... to whoever wants them. On the basis of Schlupp's performances this season he'll be no great loss other than the fact that if Konchesky gets injured Bakayogo clearly isn't of the standard required.

You base that on what exactly?

Granted, I don't know a lot about Bakayogo, but he has yet to prove to be as bad as you make him.

If anything fails, there's always the loan option in case Konchesky gets injured. Or we might as well call Schlupp back.

If Schlupp plays for Wigan he can help them take points off QPR, Burnley and Derby etc. He can't play against us so , assuming he becomes a regular first teamer, that will weaken Wigan when we play them. I really can't see what people are worrying about.

I read this as a sign that this french chap is on his way and maybe KP also. The biggest hole left by Schlupp's departure is on the left wing if Dyer is absent or needs replacing mid game. He is useful also as a back-up striker but we don't need a starting striker. We have Nuge, Vardy, Waghorn, Wood, ( when fit) and GTF has proved he can play from the start and last out most of the game. I think there is interest in KP as he fits the bill as a willing bench player to bring on in the 2nd half when needed and sneak a goal as well as being a positive influence off the field and in the changing room. ( ia ctually think the chap is still fit enough to start and do a good 70 mins if we were really desperate.

We have Miguel on the bench anyway as a back-up CB so he could fill in as LB if required although Konch is rarely absent and there must be pressure on Zoum to up his game and prove his worth. I've watched the lad a couple of times. I don't think it's his technical ability that's the problem, moreso his confidence reading between the lines from a couple of things Shakey has said. 

in short however, I smell an inbound winger.

You base that on what exactly?

Granted, I don't know a lot about Bakayogo, but he has yet to prove to be as bad as you make him.

If anything fails, there's always the loan option in case Konchesky gets injured. Or we might as well call Schlupp back.

On the 90 minutes that I saw of him at Carlisle where he didn't look a cut above a very poor League One side at the time, on the 45 minutes against Derby where he was torn to shreds time and again and on the fact that Pearson has favoured Schlupp at left back in Konchesky's absence.

People seem to forget that Pearson sees these players day in, day out at training which is why the likes of Futacs barely got much of a sniff. When he did, Pearson was proved correct and those saying that he needed/deserved a chance quickly realised that they were mistaken.

He might not be happy not getting more game time. Anybody considered that?

Pearson did talk about players not happy at a squad system. 

Not usually one to doubt Pearson's decisions but I think this would be naive. Why strengthen a squad that is capable of putting a Derby-esque run together and we all know that it wont be plain sailing for us to be up there at the end of the season. Would much rather loan him to a less capable mid-lower half of the table team.

lol if Schlupp fires Wigan to promotion I'll eat my own leg 

You know we have a strong squad when teams with Grant Holt, Nick Powell, Shuan Maloney and Callum McManaman want our strikers on loan.

Or how incredibly shit those players must be playing atm.

Although I'd prefer Schlupp at Charlton or L1, I'll trust Nigel with this one. There was the comment last week from Nigel somewhere along the lines of "if a player is not happy about being a squad member then he can look elsewhere" (or something along those lines). Maybe this was Schlupp??

Wigan are definitely rivals, they are on the way up, that will be good for us as they will take points off our nearer rivals as they are a good team. We need to appreciate the fact that there are some teams punching below their weight; Wigan and QPR are two of them along with Blackburn and if they find the right player (like Shlupp) then add a bit of form, they will be up there. Wigan are a good team, we will do well to note that we (LCFC) need more teams like Wigan to be taking points off our other rivals, like they did to Derby.

Archived