Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
english_gent

Jeffrey Schlupp on loan for the rest of the season to wigan

RE: the Lukaku point.

The fans will be in uproar if Wverton end up finishing above Chelsea, it's unlikely but there is a chance it could happen.

I think this is a bad move, not because I'm worried Wigan will catch us, but because I don't think he will play many games for them. I can see them using him in the same mannor we are, so a pointless move. Better off sending him to a team with a smaller squad I.e Blackpool

Although I'd prefer Schlupp at Charlton or L1, I'll trust Nigel with this one. There was the comment last week from Nigel somewhere along the lines of "if a player is not happy about being a squad member then he can look elsewhere" (or something along those lines). Maybe this was Schlupp??

That's how I read it - and, whether Pearson agrees or not,  bit-parting at this stage of Schlupp's career is the last thing he needs. Wigan will surely have contacted Manchester United about Schlupp's pace and promise.

If they can offer him games - and the chance to regain his sharpness and enthusiasm - they'll have a useful player.

We've suffered with the same problem we invariably have with young players - no natural way, or time, to bring them through because of the level of our ambition, the standard of player we purchase, and the pressure they put on places not just because of their ability but their wages and seniority too.

Schlupp should have moved on long ago.

It's just ironic we seem to have such a good youth set-up yet such an indifferent record of bringing them through the final stage and reaping some tangible rewards - either in terms of an additional player or a lucrative transfer fee. It even seemed that Moore would become another on the sidelines at one stage.

That's how I read it - and, whether Pearson agrees or not,  bit-parting at this stage of Schlupp's career is the last thing he needs. Wigan will surely have contacted Manchester United about Schlupp's pace and promise.

If they can offer him games - and the chance to regain his sharpness and enthusiasm - they'll have a useful player.

We've suffered with the same problem we invariably have with young players - no natural way, or time, to bring them through because of the level of our ambition, the standard of player we purchase, and the pressure they put on places not just because of their ability but their wages and seniority too.

Schlupp should have moved on long ago.

It's just ironic we seem to have such a good youth set-up yet such an indifferent record of bringing them through the final stage and reaping some tangible rewards - either in terms of an additional player or a lucrative transfer fee. It even seemed that Moore would become another on the sidelines at one stage.

The best thing they could do for us is sort his positioning out.

He's got all the attributes to be a player; pace, strength, touch, a decent shot, but the thing that holds him back is that he hasn't got a footballing brain. His positioning at times is terrible and he often looks like he's running around but getting nowhere because he can't make intelligent runs. Furthermore, when he does this and inevitably doesn't receive the ball, or doesn't get anywhere near the man when closing down, he throws his arms up in a "what can I do?" kind of manner! If he wants to make it at a decent level he needs to improve his game when he doesn't have the ball dramatically. What he has at the minute will help him get by at League One standard but no higher.

When you've made yourself look an idiot, play the "I've got a catch" card.

Well done young'un.

I may be an idiot but I'm not a complete idiot. I'm sure Jeff would agree to a clause that reduced his money when he turned 20.... Would seam a wise move

I do like the versatility Jeff gives us and, with the small squad we have, he could be very useful for us still

he can play left wing to cover lloyd if needed

I do like the versatility Jeff gives us and, with the small squad we have, he could be very useful for us still

he can play left wing to cover lloyd if needed

he is useful for cover down the left, I'll give him that.

Wouldn't argue if we could find somebody to sell him to though. Think that's preferable to a loan. We shouldn't need him in either league next season.

Yeah but like most utility men he can do a job.

But could he come on and change the game against the top 6 or 8.

I don't think so

I think he only got the jersey last night as Migel was injured, so Pearson would have picked Jeff as he could be a defender as well as an attacker. So Waghorn got the chop instead.

I would like him to go on loan, only if he got a starting place so we could assess how he does with a run of games under him.

With Phillips coming, that loan looked very likely. That was until Konch got injured last night.

Archived