Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Blackburn Away.

Which train station are people going to? And also what time train back? I'm wondering whether it will be too tight to get the 17:38 back.

From Mill Hill you'll make it with ease. 

We were waiting in the rain for a fair while after the game last year... 

guys, I need a favour, me a friend and my dad have all bought tickets, however they've given me and my dad upper tier, whilst my friend got lower tier, the sales centre aren't doing anything about it, is there anybody that would want to swap an upper tier ticket for a lower tier on the day? i'll buy you a few pints and a pie!

i'll do you a swapsie if you want mate, i've got an upper tier ticket and don't really care where i end up 

i'll do you a swapsie if you want mate, i've got an upper tier ticket and don't really care where i end up 

cheers for the offer mate, we're going to go to the KP tomorrow and switch them for an upper tier ticket, so all sorted now (thank god)

i'm on the 17.38 back from mill hill and really need to get home sharpish that night so it better be sound. 

I don't want to cause you alarm but last year I remember the journey vividly.  

A tight change in Preston to go to Lime Street, a slight delay crawling in thinking 'are we gonna make it?'.  The driver curses us by saying 'we hope this doesn't inconvenience you too much' as we saw our hourly service to Liverpool just begin to pull out of the opposite platform as we arrived. 

I can't get over how w**k the inter-city trains are up north sometimes.  It's atrocious. 

Which train station are people going to? And also what time train back? I'm wondering whether it will be too tight to get the 17:38 back.

I'm getting the 17:38 from Mill Hill. Blackburn would've been pushing it but Mill Hill looks a decent distance.

Not a real ale drinker myself - but I would say Uncle Jack's is your best bet.

People seem to be suggesting Uncle Jacks or The Golden Cup. Both are the other side of the ground to the train station so would end up being a right trek.

Anyone getting the train into Blackburn station and heading to any pubs around the centre? Or could you point me in the right direction Ben??

Cheers

I don't want to cause you alarm but last year I remember the journey vividly.  

A tight change in Preston to go to Lime Street, a slight delay crawling in thinking 'are we gonna make it?'.  The driver curses us by saying 'we hope this doesn't inconvenience you too much' as we saw our hourly service to Liverpool just begin to pull out of the opposite platform as we arrived. 

I can't get over how w**k the inter-city trains are up north sometimes.  It's atrocious. 

haha, i know the feeling, happened to me on the way back from a few aways in the past. 

that 17.38 one gets to preston for 18.00 and then there's loads of different ways to get back to lime street, the ideal one is the direct train that i assume you're on about but that leaves at 18.04 haha, doubt i'll be making that one without a lot of luck. 

preston - wigan and wigan - home is the next best, gets back about half 7 i think which is sound enough for me. 

People seem to be suggesting Uncle Jacks or The Golden Cup. Both are the other side of the ground to the train station so would end up being a right trek.

Anyone getting the train into Blackburn station and heading to any pubs around the centre? Or could you point me in the right direction Ben??

Cheers

Gonna walk it to the Golden Cup from the station. Looks about 30 mins. Not too bad.

Archived