Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Think we'll go for:

- a right footed winger - maybe a with less flair than the likes of Knocky and Mahrez.

- one striker to replace Nugent in the first team - probably out biggest spend.

- another central midfielder

- maybe another defender or two for cover.

Good job I'm not a scout/manager as I can only think of realistic players I wouldn't want!

And a reserve keeper.....

Nigel gets on very well with Holloway and he doesn't have a bad word to say about Zaha, he even said he's a dream to work with. Certain players need to have an arm wrapped round them and told they are the best and Zaha is one of these. He's a player that if he's the big fish in the pond will be exceptional. Nigel has taken players before with supposed bad attitudes such as Cameron Stewart at Hull and got the best out of them.

Well, Ian Holloway is the biggest cock in football... so forgive me for not taking his word for it. Also, that was before a big money move to United.

The rumours I am referring to were the ones about him liking a night out on the town to the early hours a little too much and not being properly focused, and that was this season.

Think we'll go for:

- a right footed winger - maybe a with less flair than the likes of Knocky and Mahrez.

- one striker to replace Nugent in the first team - probably out biggest spend.

- another central midfielder

- maybe another defender or two for cover.

Good job I'm not a scout/manager as I can only think of realistic players I wouldn't want!

So, you'd presumably be playing our current defence in the Premier League (maybe bringing in Moore and/or Konch)?

After recent performances, I'm only just about coming round to the idea that De Laet & Schlupp might be good enough defensively to play at that level (no doubt about the attacking side of their game). Even so, surely it would leave us vulnerable to play 2 attack-minded full-backs and to keep a centre-back pairing of 2 from Wes, Wasyl & Moore? Surely, the first 2 would lack pace and mobility, while Liam lacks experience?

At the very least, I'd expect 1 capable, mobile centre back to come in as a first-choice player. Agree with the rest of your comments....depending on which tactical formations NP wants to have at his disposal (might influence whether he opted, say, for a defence-minded central midfielder or one who played further forward and was capable of contributing a few goals).

Out:

GTF (coaching role?)

Phillips (coaching role)

Waghorn

Hammond

Konchesky

King (unless he can play deeper effectively)

Bakayogo

Contracts given to:

Nugent (deserves it on the whole and he's clawed his form back)

Wasilewski

Signings in:

Trippier or cresswell

Centre back

Defensive midfielder preferably with a bit of pace

Clinical striker

Maybe a couple of young hungry players to come off the bench

Job done for me

Well, Ian Holloway is the biggest cock in football... so forgive me for not taking his word for it. Also, that was before a big money move to United.

The rumours I am referring to were the ones about him liking a night out on the town to the early hours a little too much and not being properly focused, and that was this season.

So you've not heard about Knockaert, Mahrez and Vardy enjoying themselves on a night out? What about when Knockaert got arrested in Leicester city centre last year? That's never happened to Zaha. Players are people too just like everyone else and as long as it doesn't effect their football or the club Nigel wouldn't care.

Holloway spoke about Zaha in January and how he was surprised at how it's panned out for him so far at United. You might think he's a cock but he's a respected manager in football.

Could definitely see us signing Nick Powell.

I can't... 12 goals from midfield 20 years old and a potential future England player or even captain? With Carrick fletcher and cleverly under massive pressure I can see Powell getting into united next season...

Without wanting to run down our midfielders I think nick Powell is a better future prospect than drinkwater or James (and I rate them VERY highly)

Powell could be expected to either be at United or a top half premiership team next season

So you've not heard about Knockaert, Mahrez and Vardy enjoying themselves on a night out? What about when Knockaert got arrested in Leicester city centre last year? That's never happened to Zaha. Players are people too just like everyone else and as long as it doesn't effect their football or the club Nigel wouldn't care.

Yes... and that's the point, it was having an impact on it if you believe what you read. Pretty sure it was an ex pro on twitter who commented on his lifestyle, but can't remember who.

Can see us trying to buy Tom Cleverly, don't think he'll get a sniff in the Man U side next season and would probably do alright for us.

Granted he's not had the greatest season with Man U, but I think Nige got the best out of him when he was with us

I think the 'surprise' will be up top. We will be extremely impotent with our present striking resources at PL level, in my opinion. All good squad members, but we need a focal point. I don't see Vardy or Nuge offering that. One of them may play alongside an incomer, but I fear we won't make a dent on PL defences if they both start. Would love to be positive and state a name, but I think this position will test our scouting set-up significantly. Suspect it will be someone that 99% of us have never heard of ........... although about 80% on here will pretend that they have!!

Also, if the Baggies do drop, how about a cheeky steal for the Return of the Mac ?? PL experience ? Aerial presence ? Possible he'd fancy a final swan-song at PL level ? Probably wouldn't cost much as a fee or on wages (comparatively) ??

So, you'd presumably be playing our current defence in the Premier League (maybe bringing in Moore and/or Konch)?

After recent performances, I'm only just about coming round to the idea that De Laet & Schlupp might be good enough defensively to play at that level (no doubt about the attacking side of their game). Even so, surely it would leave us vulnerable to play 2 attack-minded full-backs and to keep a centre-back pairing of 2 from Wes, Wasyl & Moore? Surely, the first 2 would lack pace and mobility, while Liam lacks experience?

At the very least, I'd expect 1 capable, mobile centre back to come in as a first-choice player. Agree with the rest of your comments....depending on which tactical formations NP wants to have at his disposal (might influence whether he opted, say, for a defence-minded central midfielder or one who played further forward and was capable of contributing a few goals).

I think Moore and Morgan will start the season, and I'm fairly sure the full backs are good enough - if only for their pace in getting back.

I'm not sure how well Morgan will adapt to be honest, but he's the captain and I can't see NP dropping him.

Also, if the Baggies do drop, how about a cheeky steal for the Return of the Mac ?? PL experience ? Aerial presence ? Possible he'd fancy a final swan-song at PL level ? Probably wouldn't cost much as a fee or on wages (comparatively) ??

Very good shout actually. Would not be a bad signing at all.

From the thread about that Boston lad that might be easier seen here:

Having gone down to Roots Hall a couple of times, I think we ought to look at Daniel Bentley as a back up keeper. He's a contender for Southend's player of the season since breaking the starting XI last season, like Kasper he's a good penalty stopper and he'll still be eligible to join our squad as an U21 next season.

Ive said it before, ill say it now. No more than two signings please.

Our team spirit and philosophy has been our main asset this season rocking the boat by bringing in too many players or relegating those down the pecking order even further is not smart.

A new striker (Djordevic?) to replace Phillips and possibly a new midfielder as i imagine Hammond will be off to a championship club next season (Cleverley would fit the bill here). Possibly a new LB if Pearson thinks neither Konchesky or Schluup are going to cut it.

Ive said it before, ill say it now. No more than two signings please.

No chance will be only bring in two: GTF, Waghorn, Danns, Whitbread, Gallagher, Phillips will all be gone, there have got to be question marks over Hammond, Logan isn't good enough for back up in the prem.

Just two signings would be almost unheard of.

I wonder if our unofficial link with Anderlecht will help us... They have a 19 year old Serbian international with something like 13 goals in 24 games. His name's Aleksandar Mitrovic, he's about 6ft 3 and seems full of potential.

No chance will be only bring in two: GTF, Waghorn, Danns, Whitbread, Gallagher, Phillips will all be gone, there have got to be question marks over Hammond, Logan isn't good enough for back up in the prem.

Just two signings would be almost unheard of.

Only GTF in that list has properly featured for us this season, so your point is irrelivant

Remember we will be playing less games next season and Pearson consistently starts with the same 11. We are not going to need a squad bigger than say 23 players.

I did forget about Logan, but then Pearson risks unsettling Kasper and the defence if he sparks a battle for the number 1 shirt.

Archived