Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

I think it's easy to forget how had it is to score  more than 15 goals in that league Lee.

To put it into perspective only Liverpools free scoring strikers and Yaya Toure have managed it at this point in the season. The likes of RVP, Benteke, Lambert, are looking like their going to fall short. Most strikers at bottom half clubs are absloutley nowhere near. 

Robert Snodgrass from Norwich, good winger and seems a very competent set-piece taker which we lack.

Yeah, I've always thought he is a great player. He always played well against us when he was at Leeds.

Maybe Darren Bent if Fulham go down??

He belongs to Villa i believe and i'm not sure when his contract runs out he's currently on £60k a week at Villa, Believe me he's not worth it! He's one of these players who expects to have it on his plate for him, his work rate is abysmal! 

Think we need the following to supplement our current squad (and bearing in mind the players who will on their way out):

Back-up GK, starting LB, back-up RB, strong CB, midfield beast, winger, striker - so at least 7 players.

Byron for competition at right-back, Cresswell for left-back, if Cardiff go down then Caulker would be a shout. Mutch as others have mentioned would be another good signing. Looking at some Prem teams and the physicality of the league, the one type of player I'd love us to sign is a physical 6'3"+ centre midfielder - someone with presence in the middle: basically a poor man's Toure... Play them alongside Drinky and James/King so they can work their magic and I'd be confident we could do well.

Going to be one interesting summer and I can't wait to see what Nige and co. do with the cash.

This is maybe a reach, but I think Javier Hernández would be perfect for the way we play. He reminds me of a small eared Gary Lineker! :)

Would love it, but far too many big clubs would be interested in him if he became available, and not just in this country...

I can't see us getting an awful lot of people we know. Not with Pearson and Walsh's track record

I think you're right, maybe Ross McCormack if Pearson thinks he'd do a job for us otherwise some obscure foreigners.

His point is atleast 100x more relevant than yours?

If we followed by your management, signed 2 and sold the players who cannot break into the first 11 we would go into next season with Less than 23 players anyway...

What are you talking about man?

Danns, Whitbread, Gallagher haven't been part of our squad for a long time, and at no point have we required them.

GTF Hammond, Logan, Phillips and even Miquel have all regularly been on the bench. SSL is also off, massive question marks about the likes of King, Konch and others stepping up,

If we only sign two players, I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice.

Lets say we get rid of Hammond, Phillips and GTF. We will need a fourth striker to make up 4 (Djordevic was touted in Jan). We then need a midfielder to make up 4 again (Cleverley would be a coup).

That leaves us with:

Kasper

Logan

Smith

Wes

Was

Moore

Miquel (maybe?)

Konch

Schluup

RDL

King

Clev

James

DD

Mahrez

Dyer

Knockaert

Wood

Vardy

Nugent

Djordevic

Now that's 21, assuming Hammond and GTF leave. In my opinion the remaining few places should be up for grabs for the lads in the U21 team.

We don't need a big squad, we have done well with a core of about 20 this season with the likes of Phillips and Konch unhappy at not even making the bench, and that's with more games to play.

By going for only 2 players (possibly 3 to cover Miquel) we don't fall into the trap of spunking money for the sake of spunking money. Nigel retains his key to teamwork (smaller squad, strong ethic). We then get to January and re assess where we are.

Our current crop have earned the right to give it a go, do you honestly think, as runaway leaders this season that we will struggle next season in what has been a very poor bottom half of the Premiership?

Money isn't everything, just because we have it it doesn't mean we have to go spending it on half a new team that aren't guaranteed to be better than our starting eleven as it is.

People are suggesting Darren Bent ffs, the man has not been any good since he left Charlton and is far from a hard grafter. We should be setting our sights higher and playing the long game.

Thank god for Pearson, i really hope he sticks to his trend of building slowly. We do not want to end up like Cardiff.

Not sure why he'd leave Norwich though? He's been a first team regular this season hasn't he?

Yes, that's true, but If we went after him for the right price I think he's a realistic target. There's a good team spirit at Leicester, we run club and its a good club to play for.  Players in other teams must see that. If we have an offer accepted, I don't think we will struggle to attract the players.

I think it's easy to forget how had it is to score  more than 15 goals in that league Lee.

To put it into perspective only Liverpools free scoring strikers and Yaya Toure have managed it at this point in the season. The likes of RVP, Benteke, Lambert, are looking like their going to fall short. Most strikers at bottom half clubs are absloutley nowhere near. 

Grant Holt and Rickie Lambert managed it..

Think we need the following to supplement our current squad (and bearing in mind the players who will on their way out):

Back-up GK, starting LB, back-up RB, strong CB, midfield beast, winger, striker - so at least 7 players.

Byron for competition at right-back, Cresswell for left-back, if Cardiff go down then Caulker would be a shout. Mutch as others have mentioned would be another good signing. Looking at some Prem teams and the physicality of the league, the one type of player I'd love us to sign is a physical 6'3"+ centre midfielder - someone with presence in the middle: basically a poor man's Toure... Play them alongside Drinky and James/King so they can work their magic and I'd be confident we could do well.

Going to be one interesting summer and I can't wait to see what Nige and co. do with the cash.

Someone like N'Zonzi.

Doubt we'd get him though. I've rated him for a while.

James is imo a midfield presence, what we are lacking is a playmaker imo, someone that can play in the Number 10 role you could argue that Knockaert/ Mahrez in time perhaps could fufill that role I don't know how possible signing someone like Suso from Liverpool would be?

What are you talking about man?

Danns, Whitbread, Gallagher haven't been part of our squad for a long time, and at no point have we required them.

Lets say we get rid of Hammond, Phillips and GTF. We will need a fourth striker to make up 4 (Djordevic was touted in Jan). We then need a midfielder to make up 4 again (Cleverley would be a coup).

That leaves us with:

Kasper

Logan

Smith

Wes

Was

Moore

Miquel (maybe?)

Konch

Schluup

RDL

King

Clev

James

DD

Mahrez

Dyer

Knockaert

Wood

Vardy

Nugent

Djordevic

Now that's 21, assuming Hammond and GTF leave. In my opinion the remaining few places should be up for grabs for the lads in the U21 team.

We don't need a big squad, we have done well with a core of about 20 this season with the likes of Phillips and Konch unhappy at not even making the bench, and that's with more games to play.

By going for only 2 players (possibly 3 to cover Miquel) we don't fall into the trap of spunking money for the sake of spunking money. Nigel retains his key to teamwork (smaller squad, strong ethic). We then get to January and re assess where we are.

Our current crop have earned the right to give it a go, do you honestly think, as runaway leaders this season that we will struggle next season in what has been a very poor bottom half of the Premiership?

Money isn't everything, just because we have it it doesn't mean we have to go spending it on half a new team that aren't guaranteed to be better than our starting eleven as it is.

People are suggesting Darren Bent ffs, the man has not been any good since he left Charlton and is far from a hard grafter. We should be setting our sights higher and playing the long game.

Thank god for Pearson, i really hope he sticks to his trend of building slowly. We do not want to end up like Cardiff.

I'd be surprised if we didn't start the season with at least 23 first team players. We don't have the contingency of emergency loans like you do in the football league and also Nigel isn't a massive fan of signing players in January so he'll want his squad sorted as early as possible.

I'd not be surprised to see us agree deals for 2-3 players within the next few weeks.

Archived