Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Can see us trying to buy Tom Cleverly, don't think he'll get a sniff in the Man U side next season and would probably do alright for us.

Granted he's not had the greatest season with Man U, but I think Nige got the best out of him when he was with us

He's an England international, if he leaves ManU it'll be for someone like Tottenham or Everton.

Back up Keeper

Proper back up RB

Another CB

New LB

A beast CM (Preferably Jedinak but I doubt he'd come here)

A Snodgrass type winger (Chris Brunt if WBA go down?)

A new striker, preferably a Wilifried Bony type player.

Maybe an attacking mid and another player but only if they're streets ahead of what we have which is paramount for me - there's no point signing players marginally better than what we have for the sake of it.

Only GTF in that list has properly featured for us this season, so your point is irrelivant

Remember we will be playing less games next season and Pearson consistently starts with the same 11. We are not going to need a squad bigger than say 23 players.

I did forget about Logan, but then Pearson risks unsettling Kasper and the defence if he sparks a battle for the number 1 shirt.

His point is atleast 100x more relevant than yours?

If we followed by your management, signed 2 and sold the players who cannot break into the first 11 we would go into next season with Less than 23 players anyway...

Back up Keeper

Proper back up RB

Another CB

New LB

A beast CM (Preferably Jedinak but I doubt he'd come here)

A Snodgrass type winger (Chris Brunt if WBA go down?)

A new striker, preferably a Wilifried Bony type player.

Maybe an attacking mid and another player but only if they're streets ahead of what we have which is paramount for me - there's no point signing players marginally better than what we have for the sake of it.

Chris wood

Only GTF in that list has properly featured for us this season, so your point is irrelivant

Remember we will be playing less games next season and Pearson consistently starts with the same 11. We are not going to need a squad bigger than say 23 players.

I did forget about Logan, but then Pearson risks unsettling Kasper and the defence if he sparks a battle for the number 1 shirt.

GTF Hammond, Logan, Phillips and even Miquel have all regularly been on the bench. SSL is also off, massive question marks about the likes of King, Konch and others stepping up,

If we only sign two players, I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice.

If West Brom, Fulham or Cardiff go down, I would take a serious look at Jonas Olsson, Brede Hangeland or Steven Caulker

As for left-back, Aaron Cresswell looks the likeliest, or maybe Charlie Mulgrew from Celtic, can play a number of positions

Central Midfield is a must, maybe Jake Livermore, Steve Sidwell, Jack Rodwell(Loan), James McArthur decent enough shouts

A winger from abroad, with a bit of creativity, as I said yesterday Pablo Sarabia of Getafe, Maciej Rybus of Terek Grozny or Giannis Fetfatzidis of Genoa would do nicely

Then a striker, someone who has been scoring abroad like Finnbogason, Mitrovic, Vossen, Lasogga, and I wouldn't mind a cheeky bid for Peter Crouch. 

He doesn't use his size or strength very well, Bony, for example, is strong, fairly quick and good in the air, Wood is a finisher who just happens to be big.

Good point, However I think in his last few appearances he's used his strength more effectively, I seriously think he will be a starter next season and hit 15

Bold call I know!

I think nigel has been very shrewed with him and is lining him up for a big role next year

No chance will be only bring in two: GTF, Waghorn, Danns, Whitbread, Gallagher, Phillips will all be gone, there have got to be question marks over Hammond, Logan isn't good enough for back up in the prem.

Just two signings would be almost unheard of.

Taylor Fletcher won't be gone if he manages to appear in 5 more games.

Good point, However I think in his last few appearances he's used his strength more effectively, I seriously think he will be a starter next season and hit 15

Bold call I know!

I think nigel has been very shrewed with him and is lining him up for a big role next year

True but I'd definitely want a striker you could rely on to win a crucial header.

Mutch, cork/noble and kris commons for cm, bedimo at lb or izaguirre, perhaps a big named striker like immobile, pelle or finnbogasson and in expection of the first striker I think the other two will be quite cheap. And a cb who wants to prove himself like kouyate etc all together I'd imagine these targets could actually be achieved for no more than 40 mill which is maybe a fee we have to spend if we want to stay up

We're all quick to assume that GTF and Hammond will be gone. They have served us well when they've been called upon. They also have something that many of the other players lack: Premier League Experience. I'm not saying we're definitely going to keep them but it does seem harsh to naturally assume that they'll be gone immediately. Same can be said for Konchesky.

Mutch, cork/noble and kris commons for cm, bedimo at lb or izaguirre, perhaps a big named striker like immobile, pelle or finnbogasson and in expection of the first striker I think the other two will be quite cheap. And a cb who wants to prove himself like kouyate etc all together I'd imagine these targets could actually be achieved for no more than 40 mill which is maybe a fee we have to spend if we want to stay up

We dont HAVE too... Nigel will find a few cheap gems..

Remember a flop at somebody elses club could be a top class player at ours, It's all about how we play them.. plenty of bargains to be found

We're all quick to assume that GTF and Hammond will be gone. They have served us well when they've been called upon. They also have something that many of the other players lack: Premier League Experience. I'm not saying we're definitely going to keep them but it does seem harsh to naturally assume that they'll be gone immediately. Same can be said for Konchesky.

Hammond maybe, and Konchesky definitely he's only just signed an extension hasn't he? 

If we're going to play a overweight 33 year old Gary Taylor Fletcher in the Premeir League next season we may as well start planning our 2015-16 Championship campaign now. 

Because England Internationals have to be playing for somebody in the top 10 of the premiership?

Because he can do a lot better than here, in league position and wages.

Would love to see us go for Jürgen Locadia. He's very young, fast and strong and a real target man upfront who has scored a fair few for PSV, Aston Villa were after him at one point as a potential replacement for Benteke. That's what i'd like to see we don't have a target man at the moment, and supposedly has a £4 million price tag.

Also as others have said Jordon Mutch would be a great signing, young and very talented. Also these 2 would add a bit of height into the side which I think we've been missing.

Konchesky has signed a new contract hasn't he?

Bold call I know!

Chris Wood is not going to bag 15 goals next season. Absolutely no chance.

Archived