Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
indierich06

Realistic signings now we are up... (and some unrealistic ones)

Back up Keeper

Proper back up RB

Another CB

New LB

A beast CM (Preferably Jedinak but I doubt he'd come here)

A Snodgrass type winger (Chris Brunt if WBA go down?)

A new striker, preferably a Wilifried Bony type player.

Maybe an attacking mid and another player but only if they're streets ahead of what we have which is paramount for me - there's no point signing players marginally better than what we have for the sake of it.

Kasper & Smith are both out of contract this summer so unless they sign a new contract will will need two/three new keepers

In terms of a back up keeper, I'd be looking at somebody like Schwarzer, Friedel, Jaaskelainen and Sorensen who are all out of contract in the summer and would be willing to sit on the bench.

Would Nicklas Bendtner be worth a shout? He'd definitely bag regularly with game time in my opinion.

What are you talking about man?

Danns, Whitbread, Gallagher haven't been part of our squad for a long time, and at no point have we required them.

Lets say we get rid of Hammond, Phillips and GTF. We will need a fourth striker to make up 4 (Djordevic was touted in Jan). We then need a midfielder to make up 4 again (Cleverley would be a coup).

That leaves us with:

Kasper

Logan

Smith

Wes

Was

Moore

Miquel (maybe?)

Konch

Schluup

RDL

King

Clev

James

DD

Mahrez

Dyer

Knockaert

Wood

Vardy

Nugent

Djordevic

Now that's 21, assuming Hammond and GTF leave. In my opinion the remaining few places should be up for grabs for the lads in the U21 team.

We don't need a big squad, we have done well with a core of about 20 this season with the likes of Phillips and Konch unhappy at not even making the bench, and that's with more games to play.

By going for only 2 players (possibly 3 to cover Miquel) we don't fall into the trap of spunking money for the sake of spunking money. Nigel retains his key to teamwork (smaller squad, strong ethic). We then get to January and re assess where we are.

Our current crop have earned the right to give it a go, do you honestly think, as runaway leaders this season that we will struggle next season in what has been a very poor bottom half of the Premiership?

Money isn't everything, just because we have it it doesn't mean we have to go spending it on half a new team that aren't guaranteed to be better than our starting eleven as it is.

People are suggesting Darren Bent ffs, the man has not been any good since he left Charlton and is far from a hard grafter. We should be setting our sights higher and playing the long game.

Thank god for Pearson, i really hope he sticks to his trend of building slowly. We do not want to end up like Cardiff.

Yeah, I mean he's only scored 100+ Premier League goals and only Drogba and Rooney had scored more in the same period from 2005 until last season. Terrible.  :whistle:

Very good shout actually. Would not be a bad signing at all.

Thank you ! Once a year - to punctuate all the other drivel I post!!  I honestly think he could be a great signing for our first year back. Doesn't he even play left side of centre, too ? Or have I imagined that?

Yeah, I mean he's only scored 100+ Premier League goals and only Drogba and Rooney had scored more in the same period from 2005 until last season. Terrible. :whistle:

Not a patch on that goal scoring assassin Jay Emmanuel Thomas..

Cmon Nige, give us all a treat and get him.

:thumbup:

Our biggest signing will be Kasper if he agrees a new deal. This is pivotal before we even think about signing anyone else.

After this we need a back up, for me Luke Steele would be a good back up because he is a decent keeper, will be cheap and would be happy sitting on our bench. Lets be honest, nobody wants to play for Barnsley.

Kieran Trippier would be a good shout as rb and Caulker would be a good shout as cb, however these may both be extremely expensive, especially if Burnley come up with us.

Nige will be clever and bring in a mixture of freebies and loans from the top teams (like Miquel, Powell etc) and I reckon he will buy one expensive player which will be a striker, cos lets be honest we will need someone that will bag consistently next year and have Wood, Nuge and Vardy supporting them.

To get a good striker to score goals is majorly important and could cost a bit so I can see Nige spending up to £10mill on 1 striker and then getting in freebies and loans.

Nige will only go for players that aren't on outrageous wages and won't upset the great team spirit we've built up over the past 2 years.

The likes of Bent are a definite no, but no doubt as always, Nige will surprise us with his dealings.

If I was Nigel, firstly I'd pluck my eyebrows and buy some shoes, and then I'd make sure all those key players get signed up to new deals so we can keep the nucleus or our squad.

Assuming that goes to plan, then I think we need to add 

- A back-up GK of a higher standard than Logan to compete with him and provide better security for us.

- A RB as Ritchie de Laet is great but injury prone, and would allow Moore to focus on CB where he is best.

- A CB as I think Morgan, Moore and Wasyl isn't enough.

- Another CM to compliment our 4 we have as I think we could play 3 in midfield more next season and just 4 for 3 spaces is risky.

- A winger if possible as Dyer's effectiveness in the PL could be limited against better defenders (though still worth keeping)

- A striker to go with Wood, Vardy, Nugent and GTF. All unproven really at PL level so more options there. A lot of potential in the first two especially mind,

Another thing I've seen is a LB but I seriously think Schlupp could go on to make that positon his own for us

Link may be of interest, it shows Players out of contract in the summer for all leagues (maybe you can spot the next French player we will sign!)

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics.html

I'd take Chris Brunt in a heartbeat.

And not that it'd ever happen but if Bafetimbi Gomis pitched up on a bosman I'd do desperate things to Nige.

Yeah, I mean he's only scored 100+ Premier League goals and only Drogba and Rooney had scored more in the same period from 2005 until last season. Terrible. :whistle:

Chris Wood scored a shitload last season but has not been first choice this season because he does not fit into the team as a whole. Ruud van Nistelrooy scored a shitload for Man Utd but was moved on to benefit the team.

There is a reason that out of 5 or so Fulham managers Bent never lasted that long in their starting lineup. His appetite has gone and he jogs everywhere. He offers nothing else unless you offer it to him on a plate and even then his finishing these days leaves a lot to be desired.

Learn your lesson from the Beckford saga. Thinks hes better than he is.

In terms of a back up keeper, I'd be looking at somebody like Schwarzer, Friedel, Jaaskelainen and Sorensen who are all out of contract in the summer and would be willing to sit on the bench.

Would Nicklas Bendtner be worth a shout? He'd definitely bag regularly with game time in my opinion.

I never thought someone could came up with a suggestion that could trump Darren Bent!!

What are you talking about man?

Danns, Whitbread, Gallagher haven't been part of our squad for a long time, and at no point have we required them.

Lets say we get rid of Hammond, Phillips and GTF. We will need a fourth striker to make up 4 (Djordevic was touted in Jan). We then need a midfielder to make up 4 again (Cleverley would be a coup).

That leaves us with:

Kasper

Logan

Smith

Wes

Was

Moore

Miquel (maybe?)

Konch

Schluup

RDL

King

Clev

James

DD

Mahrez

Dyer

Knockaert

Wood

Vardy

Nugent

Djordevic

Now that's 21, assuming Hammond and GTF leave. In my opinion the remaining few places should be up for grabs for the lads in the U21 team.

We don't need a big squad, we have done well with a core of about 20 this season with the likes of Phillips and Konch unhappy at not even making the bench, and that's with more games to play.

By going for only 2 players (possibly 3 to cover Miquel) we don't fall into the trap of spunking money for the sake of spunking money. Nigel retains his key to teamwork (smaller squad, strong ethic). We then get to January and re assess where we are.

Our current crop have earned the right to give it a go, do you honestly think, as runaway leaders this season that we will struggle next season in what has been a very poor bottom half of the Premiership?

Money isn't everything, just because we have it it doesn't mean we have to go spending it on half a new team that aren't guaranteed to be better than our starting eleven as it is.

People are suggesting Darren Bent ffs, the man has not been any good since he left Charlton and is far from a hard grafter. We should be setting our sights higher and playing the long game.

Thank god for Pearson, i really hope he sticks to his trend of building slowly. We do not want to end up like Cardiff.

Name me a time Pearson has signed only two players in a season, he builds slowly, but not at snail pace.

My charity is Loros, will you take the £50 wager?

Archived