Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How many players will we sign in the summer

How many players will we sign.  

314 members have voted

1. 1. How many players will we sign.

• 19+

You would pick a right back over a left back?

:unsure:

Yes because Schlupp has shown imo that he is capable of making the step up, with Konchesky a proven prem player in the past as a back up why the need to bring in another LB it isn't a priority for me.

I think people forget how lucky we've been with injuries and how small our squad is. You can't go in to a PL season without at least 2 players for each position or you're playing a very dangerous game.

Nigel has used only 19 players in the league this season. We've always had the option of emergency loans, we don't have that luxury next season. Pearson also much prefers to get his signings in early in the summer for the whole season, rather than panic in January like a lot of struggling and unorganized PL teams do.

I think 6 will be made at least.

2 CB's

Fullback

GK (2 if Kasper goes)

Central midfielder

Left winger

1-2 strikers depending on who is retained

I've gone for 8. 4/5 will be first team material and the rest will be young talent and those that give us options to play in differing styles/formations. 

Whilst I understand the need not to disrupt the current squad buying in loads of players, we need greater strength in depth for the Prem.

Whatever Nigel decides, he has had a plan for along time and will bring in who we need. No doubt there will be plenty of us calling for big names and there will be plenty of "who" when we bring in unknowns, His ability to bring in quality with low fees and wages is lost on some.

I've chosen 6. The types of players I would sign are:

A back up GK (no.2 to Kasper, provided he signs a new deal)

A left back

A centre back

A central midfielder

A right footed winger (all of our wingers are left footed)

A striker

2 marquee signings (owners choice)

1 Pearson signing

2 loanees

followed by 2 journey men later in the season when their wage demands are more realistic.

:huh:

I know what it means, I just don't understand why anyone would think it's a good idea.

Surely it depends upon just how classy they are and what kind of attitude they have.

There's seems to be some twisted logic on this board that because spending money under Sven failed then we should never again spend big.

I don't want to see us spend 63m just because we have it but equally I'd be worried if we didn't spend a significant amount.

Surely it depends upon just how classy they are and what kind of attitude they have.

There's seems to be some twisted logic on this board that because spending money under Sven failed then we should never again spend big.

I don't want to see us spend 63m just because we have it but equally I'd be worried if we didn't spend a significant amount.

Oh no, absolutely, the problem I have is the 'owner's choice' suggestion which is just barking mad.

Owners choice is absolute madness and even more so now that they've had as much evidence they need that the management know what sort of players to sign.

I'm not scared of us spending money, I'm scared of us wasting money. If the owners start signing the players then we'll go nowhere on the pitch.

I could see them having a say and suggesting a few names, but I can't see them signing anyone without Pearson's agreement.

I can imagine NFP giving them choices for a couple of positions, attacking midfielder and striker perhaps, then it's up to them whether to spend £4m on a player or £10m on a name player. As long as NFP is happy with either them then the owners get the big name signing  they have desired in the past. I really can't see them expecting to be able to tel NFP who to sign, they seem too reserved and sensible (after Sven's spending) for that.

I've every confidence in our owners trusting Walsh and Pearson after Knockaert, Mahrez and Wasyl.

The only way I could see them interfering would be if they thought a suitable Japanese or South Korean international may be available (a la Yuki.)

A largely commercial signing. If Pearson objected strongly enough, though, I don't think we have much evidence to suggest they'd force him. He seems to have their trust.

It will depend on NP 's philosphy for the prem, with most teams favouring a 4-3-3 formation will he switch from a 442 if so a central midfielder and lone striker would be needed, will he opt for players with prem experience or allow Steve Walsh a bigger budget to look for proven quality foreigners. NP stuck to his philosphy of 2young hungry players" to get us out of the championship then realised some experience and muscle was needed. My thinking is that he will stick to the existing core of the team but bring in quality prem experienced players to help change the teams playing pattern

Archived