Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Will1981

How many players will we sign in the summer

How many players will we sign.  

314 members have voted

1. 1. How many players will we sign.

• 19+

3 is all we need though I'm not including a replacemnet for DD in that number

Only 3?

We've used 19 on a regular basis apparently, so if all 19 are given extended contracts we'd still need 6 signings to take us to the 25.

I haven't included Logan in that 19 but it does include Miquel, Was GTF & Wood who may not be here next season.

If it was me...I would like to strengthen the side straight down the middle.

GK - Cover for Kasper

CB - Premiership quality

CM - Another playmaker, just like Garry Parker in 96/97 season

Forward - 20 goal a season man

Otherwise, I think we'll give a lot teams something to think about...we'll be alright next season

We have the core of a decent prem team as it stands. If we add for me six quality players to the group, we will have a great season.

Gk a good back up is important if kasper stays. If he leaves maybe Marshall he looks decent.

Def I think a fast cb would compliment the cb already here (lescot) not reolistic but that type of player.

Def another versatile FB the young lad we loaned from spurs a few years ago naughton plays either left or rb.

Cm we have good options already again I would like a speedy strong imposing cm with great passing skills, but more replistic Steve sidwell on a free to I think.

Rm I like all our wingers but a right footed one with all the skills the others have would be great.

I know people are not so sure but I think zaha with Pearson guiding him would be brill.

Str I would love us sing a striker like bony the Swansea striker a big unit that can finish to.

To buy that sort of quality you've got to spend the best part of 30m, how much did Sven spend? On a load of rubbish, I can't wait to see what players we buy.

We have the core of a decent prem team as it stands. If we add for me six quality players to the group, we will have a great season.

Gk a good back up is important if kasper stays. If he leaves maybe Marshall he looks decent.

Def I think a fast cb would compliment the cb already here (lescot) not reolistic but that type of player.

Def another versatile FB the young lad we loaned from spurs a few years ago naughton plays either left or rb.

Cm we have good options already again I would like a speedy strong imposing cm with great passing skills, but more replistic Steve sidwell on a free to I think.

Rm I like all our wingers but a right footed one with all the skills the others have would be great.

I know people are not so sure but I think zaha with Pearson guiding him would be brill.

Str I would love us sing a striker like bony the Swansea striker a big unit that can finish to.

To buy that sort of quality you've got to spend the best part of 30m, how much did Sven spend? On a load of rubbish, I can't wait to see what players we buy.

Hit the nail on the head there chap

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I make that 12 players if Powell deal goes through:

Ben Hamer 

Matt Upson

Marc Albrighton

Leonardo Ulloa

Esteban Cambiasso

Danny Simpson

Tom Lawrence

Nick Powell (Loan?)

Jack Barmby

Joe Davis

Louis Rowley

Kris Scott

Ben Hamer

Matt Upson

Marc Albrighton

Leonardo Ulloa

Esteban Cambiasso

Danny Simpson

Tom Lawrence

Nick Powell (Loan?)

Jack Barmby

Joe Davis

Louis Rowley

Kris Scott

Oh, come on. You can't count the youth players. There's probably a few u-11s you've missed.

The total is 7 or 8 depending on whether Lawrence has been signed for the first team.

So how many of those U11 players have professional contracts?

Irrelevant! It's become a trick question if we're counting players signed for the development squad. I wonder how many people who guessed the answer were considering u-21 players who won't get near the first team? Why don't you guess how many people so I can move the goalposts after?

I feel like I'm at the fair.

We get a lot of injuries then the young lads come in to the team, or if they do incredibly well, they've signed professional contracts, of course they count as signings. I didn't dream we'd make so many, and who actually went out from the players that played last season? Dyer and... sure I'm forgetting someone, it's late. Our squad is so much stronger now than it was when we came up and I think with few injuries that squad could of kept us up so we should comfortably be top 4.

Ben Hamer 

Matt Upson

Marc Albrighton

Leonardo Ulloa

Esteban Cambiasso

Danny Simpson

Tom Lawrence

Nick Powell (Loan?)

Jack Barmby

Joe Davis

Louis Rowley