Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox93

Next season kit

Just had a phone call from the club actually about mine, ordered 2 1 for my son and 1 for me they wanted to know what shirt to print the patches on. They said there being sent out today so might receive Monday or Tuesday

It's really, really not. Firstly, the white on our kit has not been replaced at all. Last season we had white shorts, there was white on the shirt. So people acting like it's in any way similar to Cardiff are completely off the mark, nothing's been replaced, nothing's been removed. We had gold detailing on our anniversary kit and the club badge included gold that season. Did anyone complain then? I didn't hear a whisper.

Secondly, it's the detailing on our kit, it's such a minor, minor part of our kit that I can't believe anyone is actually getting remotely worked up about it. If rumours are believed, it's going to be - at worst - a strip of gold down the side of the shirt, and maybe some on the sleeves.

When Shankly managed Liverpool he changed their kit to all red to give the side a 'psychological edge', when Revie managed Leeds, he changed their kit to all white so it was like the Real Madrid kit - no-one gave a shit and those kits are now seen as iconic - but I suppose that because it's some far eastern businessmen proposing the change (barely enough of a difference to even call it a change IMO) then it's somehow worse than some northener doing it for Leeds, or some Scottish bloke doing it for Liverpool. 

It's not like it's not in keeping with our club colours either, our badge is blue, white and yellow/orange/gold whatever way you want to look at it. At the end of the day, we're the Blue Army and that will never change. A bit of gold isn't going to hurt anyone, it's not going to degrade the traditions of the club and it's not going to change our identity in any way whatsoever. Do you think other fans are going to look at our kit and say 'Look at the gold strip on the side, they've really sold out their traditional values' - are they ****, they probably won't even notice it.

As for the Thais moving away from tradition - yeah, they took the legends banners down because football is a business and with the money they've paid out, they deserve to be able to advertise their business within the stadium that they've bought for the club they own. Those banners were up for, what, 10 years? Hardly a part of our rich heritage. These owners are the same who are currently trying to bring a statue of Gordon Banks to the stadium and there has been talk of opening a full-time LCFC museum at the stadium, so I'd hardly say they're trying to erode the tradition and history of the club.

Honestly, this just strikes me as people finding absolutely anything to moan about. It's such a complete non-issue that I'm annoyed I've even written something this long on something so insignificant.

My first post was based on the assumption that the rumours are true and the new kit is all blue with basically no white on it at all. Last season wasn't so bad, I still wasn't keen as I think it looks tacky, but the white was still there and prominent.

Regarding the banners, they still could have added the King Power logo without removing the legends photos.

Let's wait and see what the new kit looks like, but I'm entitled to my opinions. I'm not just moaning for the sakes of it.

Archived