Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fox93

Next season kit

None of them are really gold in my opinion, perhaps the LG one. The rest are either yellow or orange. Gold isn't a colour as such, for something to look gold it has to appear metallic and shiny. Metallic and shiny gold kits look horrendous.

Playing devils advocate a little, but this apparent ditching of white for gold as our club colours, it's obviously nowhere near as bad as what has gone on at Cardiff, but is it along the same lines? Top said in an interview a few months back that they respect the clubs heritage and identity and would never dream of altering it (or something along those lines), but that's clearing not the true. Our home kit has always been blue with white trim. Ok occasionally some yellow trim has been added, but rarely. I personally feel very uncomfortable if the owners have decided to ditch white for gold, on the basis of things relating to them personally (lucky colour, matches KP branding, whatever) and not taking into account the fans thoughts and the clubs identity, never mind the the fact it looks bloody tacky!

I also think from a business point of view it's a silly thing to do. Although some people do like the gold, a lot more seem to dislike it. I'm pretty confident a blue and white home kit would sell a hell of a lot better than a blue and gold one.

Couldn't agree more Ricey.

Although without the Thais we'd have a blue and white kit about to start another season in the Championship.

None of them are really gold in my opinion, perhaps the LG one. The rest are either yellow or orange. Gold isn't a colour as such, for something to look gold it has to appear metallic and shiny. Metallic and shiny gold kits look horrendous.

Playing devils advocate a little, but this apparent ditching of white for gold as our club colours, it's obviously nowhere near as bad as what has gone on at Cardiff, but is it along the same lines? Top said in an interview a few months back that they respect the clubs heritage and identity and would never dream of altering it (or something along those lines), but that's clearing not the true. Our home kit has always been blue with white trim. Ok occasionally some yellow trim has been added, but rarely. I personally feel very uncomfortable if the owners have decided to ditch white for gold, on the basis of things relating to them personally (lucky colour, matches KP branding, whatever) and not taking into account the fans thoughts and the clubs identity, never mind the the fact it looks bloody tacky!

I also think from a business point of view it's a silly thing to do. Although some people do like the gold, a lot more seem to dislike it. I'm pretty confident a blue and white home kit would sell a hell of a lot better than a blue and gold one.

Totally agree.

Those examples are utterly ridiculous. Not only are most of them yellow, they're away kits.

We've had small amount of yellow trim on our home kit before but it's never been more prominent than the white.

Make no mistake this is Cardiff on a smaller scale if it's how it sounds. Even if we're just looking at last year's kit, it's an unnecessary and insulting change to our identity just so the Thais can impose their personal beliefs on the club.

If we've had a secondary colour on a kit (the only one I can think of that was completely plain blue was 92-94) it's always been white. Even then we had our traditional away colour, white, as our away kit.

I probably wouldn't have bought the shirt anyway, likelihood is the design is crap, but whilst I can just not buy a crap shirt, what they're doing to our colours is actually very annoying.

Totally agree.

Those examples are utterly ridiculous. Not only are most of them yellow, they're away kits.

We've had small amount of yellow trim on our home kit before but it's never been more prominent than the white.

Make no mistake this is Cardiff on a smaller scale if it's how it sounds. Even if we're just looking at last year's kit, it's an unnecessary and insulting change to our identity just so the Thais can impose their personal beliefs on the club.

If we've had a secondary colour on a kit (the only one I can think of that was completely plain blue was 92-94) it's always been white. Even then we had our traditional away colour, white, as our away kit.

I probably wouldn't have bought the shirt anyway, likelihood is the design is crap, but whilst I can just not buy a crap shirt, what they're doing to our colours is actually very annoying.

Well, it's not is it?  :frusty:  :doh:

Huddersfield-Town-Away-Shirt-2014-15.jpg

They're baggy on the kid, too tight & short on the bloke on the left and on the right they look about right lol

Well, it's not is it?  :frusty:  :doh:

Well, yeh it is isn't it?

It's changing our traditional colours. Not on the same scale because the blue remains, but the white doesn't, which is obviously a major part of our colour system.

It's changing our traditional colours. Not on the same scale because the blue remains, but the white doesn't, which is obviously a major part of our colour system.

We've had plenty of 'gold' kits. Stop being a little bitch.

It's changing our traditional colours. Not on the same scale because the blue remains, but the white doesn't, which is obviously a major part of our colour system.

We didn't have our traditional white or yellow away kit last year, is that a small scale Cardiff?

It's ridiculous what some people come out with. Cardiff's home kit completely wiped any blue from the home kit. We still have blue, albeit as the third colour rather than secondary. I can't see the need for people to scrutinise every move the club makes, because let's be honest a sliver of white down our shirts this year is not going to be the biggest problem on our minds this season is it?

Jesus, some of you lot need to get out more. A bit of gold on a kit is destroying the club's identity? ****ing hell!

If the traditional white detailing on our shirt is replaced with gold this year, I think we should march on the King Power stadium, demand the owners resign and sell the club, then burn down the club shop to show how serious we are. We will not take this assault and affront to our sacred identity!

what about when we have had a red trim

rename thread C*ntish Bollocks pleas someone

Jesus, some of you lot need to get out more. A bit of gold on a kit is destroying the club's identity? ****ing hell!

If the traditional white detailing on our shirt is replaced with gold this year, I think we should march on the King Power stadium, demand the owners resign and sell the club, then burn down the club shop to show how serious we are. We will not take this assault and affront to our sacred identity!

No one said it was destroying the clubs identity. Everyone has made the point clearly that it's not anywhere near the scale of Cardiff, but it is the same principle.

I'm very thankful we have the owners we have, but that doesn't mean I have to accept every choice they make. I've always been uncomfortable with the identity changes they've made, such as taking down the legends banner and hoardings around the stadium. They appear to be making slow changes that is gradually moving away from our tradition and I don't like that.

Just because we've been successful since gold was introduced, firstly is not related in any way and secondly is irrelevant. Cardiff got promoted the first season they wore red but I'm pretty sure it didn't make it any difference to their fans feelings.

No one said it was destroying the clubs identity. Everyone has made the point clearly that it's not anywhere near the scale of Cardiff, but it is the same principle.

I'm very thankful we have the owners we have, but that doesn't mean I have to accept every choice they make. I've always been uncomfortable with the identity changes they've made, such as taking down the legends banner and hoardings around the stadium. They appear to be making slow changes that is gradually moving away from our tradition and I don't like that.

Just because we've been successful since gold was introduced, firstly is not related in any way and secondly is irrelevant. Cardiff got promoted the first season they wore red but I'm pretty sure it didn't make it any difference to their fans feelings.

It's really, really not. Firstly, the white on our kit has not been replaced at all. Last season we had white shorts, there was white on the shirt. So people acting like it's in any way similar to Cardiff are completely off the mark, nothing's been replaced, nothing's been removed. We had gold detailing on our anniversary kit and the club badge included gold that season. Did anyone complain then? I didn't hear a whisper.

Secondly, it's the detailing on our kit, it's such a minor, minor part of our kit that I can't believe anyone is actually getting remotely worked up about it. If rumours are believed, it's going to be - at worst - a strip of gold down the side of the shirt, and maybe some on the sleeves.

When Shankly managed Liverpool he changed their kit to all red to give the side a 'psychological edge', when Revie managed Leeds, he changed their kit to all white so it was like the Real Madrid kit - no-one gave a shit and those kits are now seen as iconic - but I suppose that because it's some far eastern businessmen proposing the change (barely enough of a difference to even call it a change IMO) then it's somehow worse than some northener doing it for Leeds, or some Scottish bloke doing it for Liverpool. 

It's not like it's not in keeping with our club colours either, our badge is blue, white and yellow/orange/gold whatever way you want to look at it. At the end of the day, we're the Blue Army and that will never change. A bit of gold isn't going to hurt anyone, it's not going to degrade the traditions of the club and it's not going to change our identity in any way whatsoever. Do you think other fans are going to look at our kit and say 'Look at the gold strip on the side, they've really sold out their traditional values' - are they ****, they probably won't even notice it.

As for the Thais moving away from tradition - yeah, they took the legends banners down because football is a business and with the money they've paid out, they deserve to be able to advertise their business within the stadium that they've bought for the club they own. Those banners were up for, what, 10 years? Hardly a part of our rich heritage. These owners are the same who are currently trying to bring a statue of Gordon Banks to the stadium and there has been talk of opening a full-time LCFC museum at the stadium, so I'd hardly say they're trying to erode the tradition and history of the club.

Honestly, this just strikes me as people finding absolutely anything to moan about. It's such a complete non-issue that I'm annoyed I've even written something this long on something so insignificant.

Archived