Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

1-1 Reading Post Match

[ yep agree with you, potential there, but go to be stronger defensively in my opinion

quote name=cjslcfc" post="2958404" timestamp="1397511017]Not that you are saying this (I don't believe that's what you're trying to say anyway) but one bad match does not mean he isn't good enough to play in that position. I believe he has a lot of potential and ability to play as a solid LB who can attack. Positioning poor tonight but he will learn that over time. Same idea that the odd poor game from Wes doesn't suddenly make him no good! Seen a lot of that on here tonight.

Mahrez and Drinkwater were excellent.

Dyer was so poor it was like playing with 10 men for the whole game... why him over Knockaert?

I'm thinking it's to do with Jeff. Jeff as we know gets forward alot and is as fast as fk. Jeff has a better cross than Dyer and the system that we play when Jeff is LB doesn't enable Dyer to run so much. If Konchesky was LB I think Dyer would run at defenders more as Konch wouldn't be as far forward as Jeff gets. 

Game Often hinge on fine margins. DD's shot that smacks the keeper in the face. Vardy's 'goal'. Suddenly we've played okY and own and everyone is saying this team will do well in the PL. Those two examples go against us tonight and suddenly nobody knows how we've done so well all year. Having reflected, we did okay against a better than average team. But we are weak once we go beyond the first choice eleven. The need for reinforcements in the centre from front to back is most significant.

I'm pleased with that result personally, I feel you guys should be a little disappointed with a draw. It seemed like Reading had forgotten what sport they were playing in the last 25 minutes. We gave your wingers far too much space and couldn't string two passes together without giving the ball away or hoofing it out. I despair at Reading sometimes...

I'm pleased with that result personally, I feel you guys should be a little disappointed with a draw. It seemed like Reading had forgotten what sport they were playing in the last 25 minutes. We gave your wingers far too much space and couldn't string two passes together without giving the ball away or hoofing it out. I despair at Reading sometimes...

Thought you gave us a good game.  It showed class what your lot did - the congratulations.  Good luck for the play-offs, I'd like to see you in the Premiership personally.

Typical arrogant gob shite who knows nothing about football, we should be winning these games, away against top 6 sides who are battling for a play off spot, get in the real world mate. We are up as champions, what more do you want?

Waysl has played more than half the games since his arrival and Hammond has come on and done a job when required to do so.

Good sobering post.

Another thing I dont understand the slating of Dyer. HE wasnt given one decent ball. The team kept feeding Mahrez, but

the service that Dyer and Schlupp recieved while attacking was down right poor.Our two top pacemen were left to hunt down

the ball themselves and often left surrounded with no get out when the run was on.The middle of the 2nd half when we were pressing was an hint of using the left side, I counted 5 times when Dyer was actually free, and the ball went into the jam in the middle....The last few games Wes has not dominated.

Like you said we played a top 6 team, we aint and never was going to go through the last ten games and win them all and play

the pants off the opposition.NP had to use the squad and we are still on target for the title.

That all said

I think maybe people are saying Morgan and Wasyl would get torn apart in the Prem and I have to agree they would.

However they have done a terrific job this season.

We have the basis of a side that could hold it's own next season but think we need to sign a better centre half alongside Liam Moore, need another pacy striker and a left back to compete with Schlupp.

You can say I'm being harsh but the step up from Championship to Premiership is huge and there is no room for sentiment.

I want us to succeed next season and players who won't cut the mustard have to be given the golden handshake. Pogrebnyak was shoddy at Premier League level and he troubled our centre backs today that is worrying. We are in a position where some of our elite talent (Drinky, Mahrez etc) can be joined by more elite talent and there is no point not doing that for misguided loyalty. If we were in a different position, players would jump ship for more money or a promoted side with no second thoughts and we should be prepared to do exactly the same.

I think maybe people are saying Morgan and Wasyl would get torn apart in the Prem and I have to agree they would.

However they have done a terrific job this season.

We have the basis of a side that could hold it's own next season but think we need to sign a better centre half alongside Liam Moore, need another pacy striker and a left back to compete with Schlupp.

I very much doubt Morgan and Wasyl will be our choice centre back pairing next season.

For those knocking the likes of Hammond, Wasy, & GTF they were brought in to do a job and guess what we are promoted. Go back to pre season and you will see plenty who wanted Drinkwater and Vardy gone so have a word. Top of the league clinching promotion first week in April will do for me :pearson:

Once in 13 seasons and he's needed 8 penalties to do it.

He's not a goalscorer, we need someone who is going to score with one chance in the PL, we're not going to create as many chances as we have this season. I reckon we'd be able to put someone like Ings on about 30-35 goals this season based on the chances that Vards and Nuge have missed.

You can say I'm being harsh but the step up from Championship to Premiership is huge and there is no room for sentiment.

I want us to succeed next season and players who won't cut the mustard have to be given the golden handshake. Pogrebnyak was shoddy at Premier League level and he troubled our centre backs today that is worrying. We are in a position where some of our elite talent (Drinky, Mahrez etc) can be joined by more elite talent and there is no point not doing that for misguided loyalty. If we were in a different position, players would jump ship for more money or a promoted side with no second thoughts and we should be prepared to do exactly the same.

Too the bottom half which is where we are aspiring to be it isn't that massive.

Too the bottom half which is where we are aspiring to be it isn't that massive.

Nigel will not go into next season aspiring to be top of the bottom half. He will aspire to win as many games as possible and reach as high a position as possible.

We have the opportunity to get much better this summer by bringing in 4/5/6 players of a higher quality than we have now. With so many of our players out of contract we should not give them a new one just for sentiments sake.

He's never reached 20 in his career before now. Even if he has this season, it's been inflated by a ridiculous amount of penalties.

If you score 20 goals that makes you a 20 goal striker. If you're saying he's not a 20 goals a season striker then that's different, but if you look at my original post you'll see I said '20 goal striker' which he is - fact.

It was a game of few chances but other than that 10 minute spell after they scored, they didn't particularly trouble us which for a team at home in the play-off hunt is poor for them. Vardy being back was a help for the way we play, if Dyer had been more direct then we could have created more openings for Vardy when we seemed poised to hit them on the break.

I'll take the point. Move on to QPR which will be another battle but we'll be up for it. Moore to come in and Dyer should get one more chance but if he blows it then I'd be seriously considering letting him go in the summer.

Archived