Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Nice touch

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wow! <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23lcfc&src=hash">#lcfc</a> Vice-Chairman Top surprises <a href="https://twitter.com/textellis">@textellis</a> fundraiser Richard Page and his son Ellis with a cheque for £45,000!</p>— Leicester City (@OfficialFOXES) <a href="https://twitter.com/OfficialFOXES/statuses/462566001901846529">May 3, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

well that didt work, just read a tweet, the chairman has given richard page £45,000

I thought it was a nice touch that the players brought their kids on the pitch beforehand and also that Donny players who had so much to worry about gave them a tunnel of applause.

Feel sad for Donny to go down. Blackpool , millwall or B'ham deserved relegation more.

I thought it was a nice touch that the players brought their kids on the pitch beforehand and also that Donny players who had so much to worry about gave them a tunnel of applause.

Feel sad for Donny to go down. Blackpool , millwall or B'ham deserved relegation more.

No they didn't.

Spoke to Ellis's dad after the game, he said he didn't know about this before it was announced on the pitch. Absolute heroes, the pair of them.

He's cycling to Brussels (dancing in the streets of Anderlecht) next spring and wants as many City fans as possible to join him. Get on it!

Guest ttfn

Perhaps I'm being a bit of a cynic, but putting your hand in your pocket for £45k when you've just spent £45 million on a plane is hardly going to put them in the running for Philanthropist of the Year.

Fantastic effort from the dad and his mates though, that really is absolutely incredible and I really hope it works out for them.

Perhaps I'm being a bit of a cynic, but putting your hand in your pocket for £45k when you've just spent £45 million on a plane is hardly going to put them in the running for Philanthropist of the Year.

Fantastic effort from the dad and his mates though, that really is absolutely incredible and I really hope it works out for them.

He could have just stuck with the 23k or nothing at all. He didnt have to up it to 45k. How can you be cynical of that?

Guest ttfn

Oh boy tell someone isn't moaning about 45k????

I wrote a long post to explain further but I decided I couldn't be arsed, if you read my post it's obvious I'm not complaining; I just don't think it's quite as remarkable a gesture as people are saying.

Donny were shit and they have been all season so they do deserve to go down and it's not our fault that the did.

Reason why I feel sorry for Donny is that they were winning 3-1 at Charlton when the game was abandoned. Whole game was replayed which they lost. Had the original result stood, or at least the first half and just the 2nd half played as has happened in the past, they could very well still be in this division.

Archived