Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

The pundits are having a field day on West Ham fans, asking where the people are who wanted Allardyce out.

All they wanted was entertaining, attractive football which they hardly saw last season. They wanted Allardyce to play it, or if he couldn't to get someone else in who could. I don't see that as unreasonable. It's not as though they expect the title, or to win a cup, even to finish in the top six, just to watch the ball on the ground instead of the air, which is supposedly the club tradition.

Anyway, where are those pundit comments asking if West Ham fans wanted good football and go down, or Allardyce style and stay up? Maybe you can play attractively and win matches?

Is their football really that good? I've not really seen any of West Ham, but Carlton Cole, Enner Valencia and Diafro Sakho all strike me as aerial forwards. Maybe that's just a natural reaction when they're rated by Allardyce.

Is their football really that good? I've not really seen any of West Ham, but Carlton Cole, Enner Valencia and Diafro Sakho all strike me as aerial forwards. Maybe that's just a natural reaction when they're rated by Allardyce.

I think theyre still pretty direct, in the games ive seen them they have been.

By direct, i mean they got right in the faces of Liverpool early on when i watched the game and got the ball into the final 3rd as quickly as possible and played from there. That might not be "direct" in the sense of playing long balls from centre halves onto someone's head for knockdowns and second balls, but it was percentage plays, get it forward to a striker and get players around him quickly football, which id consider "direct" play.

Against Burnley at the weekend, all 3 goals were headers, one a set piece, and the plan looked simple enough, get players like Cresswell and Jenkinson pushed up when in possession and play with tons of width, one touch and then straight into a dangerous area, whipped in at pace into areas to attack.

Thats playing to the strengths of the strikers you mention. The Valencia header was a rocket. That is what i would class as "direct" play though, getting the ball in and around the penalty spot to 6 yard area for players to attack. One touch, head up, deliver, attack it. It wasnt like the goals were coming from patient, well crafted passing moves, hence my use of the term direct.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29699490

"To call a player a cheat is totally out of order because there was contact there," Bowen said.

"Is Moses trying to make the best of a situation? Yes. Was it harsh on Swansea? Yes. Was the decision a poor one? Possibly yes.

"Was he a cheat? 100% not and for Garry to say that in his post-match press conference is bang out of order."

contact.

"My definition of cheating is if a player goes into the area and he's not touched, if there's no contact and he goes down he's a cheat," Bowen told Radio Wales Sport.

I don't care if he's my player, somebody else's player - if you're not touched in any way and you go down you're cheating.

"Was Victor Moses not touched? No, he was grabbed. There's one picture where Angel has got a handful of Victor Moses's shirt.

"It was very slight... but if there is contact there it's up to the referee to differentiate is it enough to be a penalty or not.

"If we were Swansea and that penalty was given we would be upset, of course you would, because there was minimal contact.

"But to call the player a cheat is totally out of order because there was contact there as that picture clearly shows."

This is the mentality that we need to stamp out. Disgraceful comments from Bowen.

It's not complicated, diving is when you go down by choice. This 'you have a right to go down if you're touched' is ridiculous and exactly the problem with players these days. They do not have the right to take the rules into their own hands and try to make the referee make a decision. It is up to the referee to differentiate, not the player to convince him one way or the other.

It is conning the referee and anyone trying to defend that needs to start getting fined. Encouraging cheating if you're a coach is not acceptable. If managers and coaches are fined for criticising referees this should be punished twice as harshly.

The only thing about Monk's comments is if he's going to criticise opposition players for it then he has to be equally if not more critical of his own when they do it.

I'm not totally sure but some West Ham fans say the football has improved. It's more a dig at the pundits who smugly ask about fans wanting Allardyce out now, as though they should be happy that their team is playing awful football and sitting second bottom. Of course when results improve they will be quieter, so naturally there will be fewer fans with an axe to grind.

I don't see what the West Ham fans have done hugely wrong. They have a style they want to watch, so much that they booed the team off after a win. This is clear and I think a good number would keep Allardyce if improvements were shown. But it's hardly a shock that the fans want a change when relegation is a serious possibility and the football is turgid and unsuccessful.

You know what, both of them need to shut their big gobs. Neither are doing themselves any favours at all.

This is the mentality that we need to stamp out. Disgraceful comments from Bowen.

It's not complicated, diving is when you go down by choice. This 'you have a right to go down if you're touched' is ridiculous and exactly the problem with players these days. They do not have the right to take the rules into their own hands and try to make the referee make a decision. It is up to the referee to differentiate, not the player to convince him one way or the other.

It is conning the referee and anyone trying to defend that needs to start getting fined. Encouraging cheating if you're a coach is not acceptable. If managers and coaches are fined for criticising referees this should be punished twice as harshly.

The only thing about Monk's comments is if he's going to criticise opposition players for it then he has to be equally if not more critical of his own when they do it.

It's perfectly fine to go to ground under minimal contact, but grappling and pulling shirts in the box shouldn't be a penalty?

Just wanted to make sure of Stoke logic.

I think theyre still pretty direct, in the games ive seen them they have been.

By direct, i mean they got right in the faces of Liverpool early on when i watched the game and got the ball into the final 3rd as quickly as possible and played from there. That might not be "direct" in the sense of playing long balls from centre halves onto someone's head for knockdowns and second balls, but it was percentage plays, get it forward to a striker and get players around him quickly football, which id consider "direct" play.

Against Burnley at the weekend, all 3 goals were headers, one a set piece, and the plan looked simple enough, get players like Cresswell and Jenkinson pushed up when in possession and play with tons of width, one touch and then straight into a dangerous area, whipped in at pace into areas to attack.

Thats playing to the strengths of the strikers you mention. The Valencia header was a rocket. That is what i would class as "direct" play though, getting the ball in and around the penalty spot to 6 yard area for players to attack. One touch, head up, deliver, attack it. It wasnt like the goals were coming from patient, well crafted passing moves, hence my use of the term direct.

Making the most of what you've got is always the answer. No point trying to play like Barcelona if you've got Carlton Cole up front and Kevin Holan in midfield.

They've gone about their business pretty quietly. I was amazed to hear they were as high as 4th.

Massive twat. Do these people not realise how much trouble this kind of shit actually causes?

lol

They really are the gift that keeps on giving.

Watch the video of Redknapp in that. The bloke's cracking up. Claims he isn't bothered by the speculation yet is about as defensive as I've ever seen him.

How on earth has Taarabt manage to rinse them for £60k a week+ lol lol lol they really are the most grotesque, embarrassing club in the country bar absolutely none.

Redknapp's hypocrisy is just amazing. Gives all the talk about 'the state of the game' but he's as big a cause as anyone.

Hope they keep him all season and are relegated in 20th.

why should he keep his gob shut, harry has completly ripped one of his players live on t.v. why not pull him aside in training or call him and tell him.

harry is picking faults with everything bar his own management. what is it...players aint fit oenough...only had 12 players...salary caps...etc.

he's trying to dig himself out of a hole that he is in to save his image and blasted one of his players for being 3 stone overweight.

it must be hurting for a player to be slated like that on t.v buy the man whos meant to manage him on a daily basis. surely they could of worked on this through pre season?

October 19: "He's three stone overweight, he ain't fit, he can't run, he's useless, I could run further than im, my missus could, Andy Reid could, disgusting, £60k a week, why we paying that? he can't even play football"

November 2: "Adel is a top, top player, great attitude, works his socks off, triffic, never had a moment's trouble wiv the kid, best since Gazza, wish more players were like him, professional".

lol

How many times has Arry been caught out telling porkies this season already? Must be on for double figures.

Three stone? What a ridiculous exaggeration.

I always said with Arry and QPR, wait and see. And of course, there's tons left to play this season. But his teams on the pitch and his demeanour/comments off it are those of a man who looks to have lost the plot.

Soap Opera is right..never good at a football club. I think Fernandes, once more, needs to make a change and to replace Arry.

However, it's all good news for us and other sides in the bottom half. If QPR keep going alonf this route, they will be relegated.

Archived