Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Sceptical of people saying we're not in the worst 3 teams when we've scored the fewest away goals in the whole league and have picked up just 1 point against 3 of the 5 worst teams that don't include us.

At present, ourselves, Burnley and Rangers are the 3 worst teams in the league.

Sceptical of people saying we're not in the worst 3 teams when we've scored the fewest away goals in the whole league and have picked up just 1 point against 3 of the 5 worst teams that don't include us.

At present 6 teams are below us so we're not one of the 3 worst. Stop being unnecessarily negative

how have you reached that conclusion?

Burnley and Rangers are in the bottom 3, we have Southampton and Swansea away in our next 3.

At present 6 teams are below us so we're not one of the 3 worst. Stop being unnecessarily negative

1 away goal and we've not looked anything like getting a good result in any of the last 2. 2-2 at home to Burnley.

We've been shit for a good solid month now, players all Billy Big Bollocks now and we've not had any sort of organisation, spirit or quality. There isn't really an unnecessary amount of negative at the moment.

Burnley and Rangers are in the bottom 3, we have Southampton and Swansea away in our next 3.

haha what?! that doesn't explain anything. we definitely gonna lose to them then and be in the relegation zone? i'm gonna assume and hope you're fishing.

haha what?! that doesn't explain anything. we definitely gonna lose to them then and be in the relegation zone? i'm gonna assume and hope you're fishing.

Spirited performances and the odd freak result against the big boys is not going to be enough. We'll be lucky to get 2 points from Swansea and Southampton so if we don't beat West Brom we'll have slipped under the 1ppg rate you need to produce. I hope I'm wrong but if you watched Newcastle or Burnley or Palace and can tell me where the points are going to come from by all means enlighten us.

Man United was a month ago mate.

What has gotten into you this season? At first I thought you were just joking but this persistent slating of the team is starting to sound quite sincere now.

I've not looked at other teams' fixture lists but I think it's safe to say we've had one of the harder starts to the season. Given where we are I don't know how you can reach that conclusion.

A good team but not a 'big' enough team/club for the players to be excited, motivated and realise they need to turn up and put a shift in for imo.

If the opposition dictates how motivated they are to put a shift in for a league game then they shouldn't be here.

Even after the "easier" 3 games we've just had, we've still had the second toughest start in the division based on last season's table.

I've tried to create a comparative measure for this sort of thing by separating the league out into 40 teams, being Home and Away for each team. So, for example, based on last season, Stoke Away is the 7th hardest fixture in the league, ahead of (for example) Man United at home, because Stoke took more points at home last season than United did away.

Anyway, using this very basic metric (clearly Liverpool is a much easier fixture at this stage than they were last season) we've had the 2nd hardest start (behind Villa) and the 10th best start (between Swansea and Stoke) when adjusted for difficulty.

Chelsea have only dropped 2 points despite having the 4th hardest start :nigel:

Man United have had the easiest start and Burnley and QPR have made the joint worst starts, even adjusted for difficulty. In fact they've had the 5th and 7th easiest starts between them and have still only managed 4 points each. They're projected to get 17 points each on this basis.

The pundits are having a field day on West Ham fans, asking where the people are who wanted Allardyce out.

All they wanted was entertaining, attractive football which they hardly saw last season. They wanted Allardyce to play it, or if he couldn't to get someone else in who could. I don't see that as unreasonable. It's not as though they expect the title, or to win a cup, even to finish in the top six, just to watch the ball on the ground instead of the air, which is supposedly the club tradition.

Anyway, where are those pundit comments asking if West Ham fans wanted good football and go down, or Allardyce style and stay up? Maybe you can play attractively and win matches?

The pundits are having a field day on West Ham fans, asking where the people are who wanted Allardyce out.

All they wanted was entertaining, attractive football which they hardly saw last season. They wanted Allardyce to play it, or if he couldn't to get someone else in who could. I don't see that as unreasonable. It's not as though they expect the title, or to win a cup, even to finish in the top six, just to watch the ball on the ground instead of the air, which is supposedly the club tradition.

Anyway, where are those pundit comments asking if West Ham fans wanted good football and go down, or Allardyce style and stay up? Maybe you can play attractively and win matches?

Properfootballman™

Archived