Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

I do find it strange United are finding it so hard to seemingly attract players, gets a bit annoying listening to Scholes and Neville always giving it the 'best team in the world' talk, but they're definitely one of the top 5 and this will be three windows they've been shafted. Letting Evra and Vidic leave baffled me, Ferdinand has clearly completely gone and while Vidic and Evra aren't the players they were a few years ago they could of done a job this year, would anyone really want any of their current defenders over Vidic? Madness. They've got about 6 number 10's now, the squad just looks so imbalanced in general, the fact Van Gaal isn't addressing these issues makes me think he's not the manager he's thought to be. Cheeky loan bid for Kagawa? :pearson:

Interesting from wiki, he had a very poor start atBayern too:

On 1 July 2009, van Gaal took over as coach of Bayern Munich.[23][24] Van Gaal referred to his new employer as a "dream club". On 28 August 2009, van Gaal strengthened his team by signing compatriot Arjen Robben from Real Madrid; this reunited the two, with van Gaal selecting Robben for his debut in the Netherlands U20 team.[25][26][27]

Van Gaal got off to a poor start as Bayern coach, winning only one of his first four matches in charge, and by November the club was on the brink of a first-round Champions League exit following two losses to Bordeaux. With Bayer Leverkusen at the top of the Bundesliga, speculation was rampant that van Gaal was on the brink of a departure from Bayern even earlier than his predecessor Jürgen Klinsmann. Van Gaal, however, kept insisting he is a prozesstrainer meaning that his team needs time to play the way he imagines.[28]

Van Gaal installed many youth players as fixtures in the starting 11, including Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber, and also converted the winger Bastian Schweinsteiger into a defensive midfielder. A feud with Italian striker Luca Toni, who had played an important role in Bayern's 2007–08 league and cup double, led to Toni's move to Roma. However, Bayern Munich's form improved with two Champions League victories including an impressive 4–1 victory over Juventus in Turin, which allowed them to progress from their group in second position behind Bordeaux. By March, Bayern had moved to the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal and were top of the Bundesliga ahead of Leverkusen.

Even at this early stage i fail to see any other sides than burnley and qpr finishing 19th and 20th. One has over-indulged in the transfer market, whilst the other has done the opposite.

2-3 more players and i can honestly see us finishing mid-table.

Even at this early stage i fail to see any other sides than burnley and qpr finishing 19th and 20th. One has over-indulged in the transfer market, whilst the other has done the opposite.

2-3 more players and i can honestly see us finishing mid-table.

Can I just say Crystal Palace. 2 reasons:

1) at the start of last season they looked certs for relegation, as did Sunderland, both changed their managers and survived.

2) they could very easily challenge for the bottom 2 as could we and a few other teams. There is a long long way to go and QPR and Burnley being shit doesn't preclude any other team from being just as shit,

Well he seems to find the net pretty well for club and country. So yeah the boy is talented.

He's 24 and never scored more than 14 league goals in a season. Not a bad price for Liverpool bit drastically overrated.

On 1 July 2009, van Gaal took over as coach of Bayern Munich.[23][24] Van Gaal referred to his new employer as a "dream club". On 28 August 2009, van Gaal strengthened his team by signing compatriot Arjen Robben from Real Madrid; this reunited the two, with van Gaal selecting Robben for his debut in the Netherlands U20 team.[25][26][27]

Van Gaal got off to a poor start as Bayern coach, winning only one of his first four matches in charge, and by November the club was on the brink of a first-round Champions League exit following two losses to Bordeaux. With Bayer Leverkusen at the top of the Bundesliga, speculation was rampant that van Gaal was on the brink of a departure from Bayern even earlier than his predecessor Jürgen Klinsmann. Van Gaal, however, kept insisting he is a prozesstrainer meaning that his team needs time to play the way he imagines.[28]

Van Gaal installed many youth players as fixtures in the starting 11, including Thomas Müller and Holger Badstuber, and also converted the winger Bastian Schweinsteiger into a defensive midfielder. A feud with Italian striker Luca Toni, who had played an important role in Bayern's 2007–08 league and cup double, led to Toni's move to Roma. However, Bayern Munich's form improved with two Champions League victories including an impressive 4–1 victory over Juventus in Turin, which allowed them to progress from their group in second position behind Bordeaux. By March, Bayern had moved to the semi-finals of the DFB-Pokal and were top of the Bundesliga ahead of Leverkusen.

Van Gaal openly said this:

“Miracles are always possible, it will just be very difficult,” the former Holland coach said. “If you look at the rest of my club career my teams have always tended to start the season slowly. That is because I give my players a lot of information, I load their brains a lot, and it takes time to adapt.

However it's no excuse for the start they have had. They look shaky at the back and not creating no where near enough chances.

I just ho thngs don't click before we play them at home because at present they are there for the taking.

hulls latest 12MILLION bid for Rhodes has been knocked back.. why can they spend like that and we can't?

We can we're just not going to. £7 million for Ulloa was too much.

We have the capacity to spend £12m on a player, but there is no point unless they are worth close to £12m, which Rhodes isn't, neither is Deeney. Spending a fvck load is no guarantee of anything, Akinbiyi, Beckford, Mills, Waghorn that's £12m in talent just there...

I really hope our injuries don't end up with us panic buying and wasting £10-20m on nothing.

I agree , but Im on about the ability to spend that amount... surely we have the capacity to equal that spending power.

We did pay 8mill for a player, but Pearson isn't the type to throw money around on either transfer fees or wages. It is probably why we haven't landed some of our targets.

Pearson does business in the right way in my view and I actually think we have enough about us to survive this season. Then next season we can start to think about pushing forward.

I agree , but Im on about the ability to spend that amount... surely we have the capacity to equal that spending power.

I'm pretty sure we have but the players NP values at 10m+ probably don't want to come here. He won't spend stupid money on average players

Not gonna happen here........it's one thing turning things round as Bayern manager in the Bundesliga and turning things round in the Prem, I don't doubt if he gets his house in order they will routinely beat teams like Swansea and Sunderland but they are so far off the level needed to finish top 4 I think they'd be better to right off qualification for next season's Champions League entirely and concentrate on building this season. 

Also a bit of a different kettle fish bringing players like Muller, compared with players like Blackett. 

We can we're just not going to. £7 million for Ulloa was too much.

We have the capacity to spend £12m on a player, but there is no point unless they are worth close to £12m, which Rhodes isn't, neither is Deeney. Spending a fvck load is no guarantee of anything, Akinbiyi, Beckford, Mills, Waghorn that's £12m in talent just there...

I really hope our injuries don't end up with us panic buying and wasting £10-20m on nothing.

If your going to spend silly money on a Championship player you may as well make it Jordan Rhodes. Best striker outside the Premeir League if you ask me, and still only 24.

If your going to spend silly money on a Championship player you may as well make it Jordan Rhodes. Best striker outside the Premeir League if you ask me, and still only 24.

Always looked very average when I have seen him play, don't get me wrong a great goal scoring record, could probably do a job in the prem, but no better than Vardy, Nugent or Ulloa and certainly not for £12m.

Always looked very average when I have seen him play, don't get me wrong a great goal scoring record, could probably do a job in the prem, but no better than Vardy, Nugent or Ulloa and certainly not for £12m.

:nigel:

That's very much a matter of opinion. If you're going to chuck a fee potentially raising to 10 on Ulloa may as well go to 12 for Rhodes for me, but there we are. 

:nigel:

That's very much a matter of opinion. If you're going to chuck a fee potentially raising to 10 on Ulloa may as well go to 12 for Rhodes for me, but there we are.

Like you say, matter of opinion.

Rhodes doesn't work for the team off the ball and doesn't tend to get involved in the build up play, which are aspects of the game that Ulloa brings to the table.

Seeing as we are a team that is capable of scoring goals from all positions, Ulloa is deemed more useful to us.

Like you say, matter of opinion.

Rhodes doesn't work for the team off the ball and doesn't tend to get involved in the build up play, which are aspects of the game that Ulloa brings to the table.

Seeing as we are a team that is capable of scoring goals from all positions, Ulloa is deemed more useful to us.

I just don't view any of that as factual lol, but I'm not doing this again had this argument far to many times. 

just jumping inbetween. Now we have Ulloa, with Nugent, Wood, Vardy, with possibles off knokky, Schlupp playing off the shoulder of one of them, then the fly in the ointment GTF. Shouldnt we now be looking withinside the club, and bringing in

one of the young kids/reserves occasionally.

I dont know if we need to spend another 7-12 mill on another striker.I would prefer a young striker from the reserves or if an outsider, then no more than 1-2 mill for a young championship, or lower league up and coming guy not yet on the radar of others, another Vardy find so to say. Then spend quickly some solid money on a support CB (upson injured).with Pearson

saying due to injuries he is more or less forced to make more changes for tonights game....we may have some luck and tonight

a couple of 2nd string or young players pop up and put themselves forward as potential 1st teamers.

A player who could play left and rightback as backup for RDL and Konch, would be nice

If Pearson can still close on the Argie job, our midfield even with injuries shoulf be complete.

look at it...King, Hammond, James, Drinkwater, wingbacks Mahrez and Knokky,Albrighton,then Combiasso, plus a couple coming from the ranks.It aint bad you know , but we need now some luck with injuries on our first choicers once they are back

just jumping inbetween. Now we have Ulloa, with Nugent, Wood, Vardy, with possibles off knokky, Schlupp playing off the shoulder of one of them, then the fly in the ointment GTF. Shouldnt we now be looking withinside the club, and bringing in

one of the young kids/reserves occasionally.

I dont know if we need to spend another 7-12 mill on another striker.I would prefer a young striker from the reserves or if an outsider, then no more than 1-2 mill for a young championship, or lower league up and coming guy not yet on the radar of others, another Vardy find so to say. Then spend quickly some solid money on a support CB (upson injured).with Pearson

saying due to injuries he is more or less forced to make more changes for tonights game....we may have some luck and tonight

a couple of 2nd string or young players pop up and put themselves forward as potential 1st teamers.

A player who could play left and rightback as backup for RDL and Konch, would be nice

If Pearson can still close on the Argie job, our midfield even with injuries shoulf be complete.

look at it...King, Hammond, James, Drinkwater, wingbacks Mahrez and Knokky,Albrighton,then Combiasso, plus a couple coming from the ranks.It aint bad you know , but we need now some luck with injuries on our first choicers once they are back

It seems nearly pointless having a great Academy set-up, to then bring on GTF as a central midfield player in a Prem game.

Im not saying any of the kids should be first team. But surely some of them must look at bringing GTF on, in the circumstances, and kinda wonder what on earth they are doing at the club?

I know I would be. Have we really got no young lads, champing at the bit, and edging towards making some sort of breakthru? I guess we might find out tonight?

And if we don't, is the Academy doing what it should be doing? I dunno. Just a thought.

Exactly my thought. I like the idea of the youth players stepping up and having a go. Who is to say that they might relish the challenge in the big league? Could do wonders for them if given a go at this level.

Let's not forget that the young kits were 5th or 6th in the U21 league behind your usual suspects (though Fulham were a surprise), so surely we've got something decent going on?

I agree, it is a bit of a waste having GTF coming on as a CM. It could've been a kid out there trying his best for the last 25. Nothing like experience under the belt. Didn't have too much to lose at that point, and could potentially set something up for the long term.

It worked for Southampton, not to mention that we've already got a couple of graduates in our team. Would be a great booster for sure if the opportunity presents itself.

Archived