Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Premier League 2014/15 Stuff it in here.

Probably more to do with throwing a kid on at Stamford Bridge who has never played a senior game before is probably a bad idea at the best of times.

Probably more to do with not having a kid on the bench tbf. Can't put a unnamed player on.

Probably more to do with throwing a kid on at Stamford Bridge who has never played a senior game before is probably a bad idea at the best of times.

Surely a Jack Barmby (Got 5 goals from 17 when loaned Hartlepool, and has also represented England at youth level. Man Utd youth player, but still...) would've given it a fair shot if he was on the bench? Better than playing GTF out of position.

It seems nearly pointless having a great Academy set-up, to then bring on GTF as a central midfield player in a Prem game.

Im not saying any of the kids should be first team. But surely some of them must look at bringing GTF on, in the circumstances, and kinda wonder what on earth they are doing at the club?

I know I would be. Have we really got no young lads, champing at the bit, and edging towards making some sort of breakthru? I guess we might find out tonight?

PAnd if we don't, is the Academy doing what it should be doing? I dunno. Just a thought.

fair point, its what has kept me wondering for the last couple of months, but to be fair I aint be er n following anything outside 1st team antics, so I cant make opinions on real possibilties from the young guys.

Well it seems NP is being forced to play some young guns, after listening to his sky short interview, so besides his son

a forced position a sort of plan X might pleasantly set up a couple of young guns onto a dynamic path to a squadman or 1st teamer in citys PL dreamteam.Lets face weve seen it happen before, be nice to find a Townsend or luke shaw.

Hey that sets up an idea.....what type of player using ex-pros names, would YOU like to crop up..???

It seems nearly pointless having a great Academy set-up, to then bring on GTF as a central midfield player in a Prem game.

Im not saying any of the kids should be first team. But surely some of them must look at bringing GTF on, in the circumstances, and kinda wonder what on earth they are doing at the club?

I know I would be. Have we really got no young lads, champing at the bit, and edging towards making some sort of breakthru? I guess we might find out tonight?

And if we don't, is the Academy doing what it should be doing? I dunno. Just a thought.

It just doesn't seem to happen any more, the pressure of chasing promotion and now surviving in the prem, just makes each decision so crucial and despite running away with the league we rarely had a youth player on the bench to bring on when we were cruising at the end of the game, and the cup games were used to keep the fringe players fresh. 

I remember under MON we would have the likes of Stuart Campbell, Stuart Wilson, Sam McMahon, Lawrie Dudfield, Stef Oakes just on the bench if there were a few injuries getting the odd appearance but feeling like a part of the squad. None of them made it in the Prem, but they were trusted to be able to play 30 minutes here or there if injuries dictated. It is sad that we weren't able to do that with any of the current lot. I know Hopper has had a couple of cup games but not enough really considering his development, especially when deployed in a second string team.

I really do believe it is a symptom of the transfer windows, having to have enough senior players to get through injuries and suspensions and loss of form for half a season means there is no room for developing youth as we need to keep the big squad fit and sharp.

Moore and Schlupp have obviously forced their way into the team and quality will shine, but again it feels like they were fast tracked through rather than getting a few minutes here and there.

Can't believe some of these comments about Di Maria, he's one of the best players in the world as shown by last season.

We'll see about that. United's team has a lot more frailties than Real's, he's going to have to produce the same form in a weaker team.

Anyway I don't think anyone is saying he's not a world class player, but so is Juan Mata, if he's not playing behind the striker where's he playing? Deeper in midfield? Because he's wasted at wing back and as good as he is defending a flank by himself is not his strong point.  

Can't believe some of these comments about Di Maria, he's one of the best players in the world as shown by last season.

he's a very good player who had a very good season playing in an incredibly good team. it's the fee and the fact united don't need him but need a lot of other players that's got people talking. at one stage the figures being quoted were set to rise above the fee paid for suarez, who's about 10 times as good. and as has been said for 60 odd million you can go out in europe and buy anything up to 4 or 5 top quality defenders, which clearly united need.

seems they're making a "statement" but a pointless one.

Di Maria isn't shit, but he isn't £60m good, when Suarez was a couple of mill more.

He played poorly in some games at the world cup and well in others.

His stats are mis leading though, the most assists last season? Most chances created? 

He played alongside Bale and Ronaldo, you just need to pass the ball to them and they will score or shoot. Those 2 will occupy and tire any defence and make the kind of runs and have the pace that creating an assist or chance really isn't all that hard.

His goal scoring return is pretty poor, never hit double figures in the league managed only 4 goals out of 104 scored by Real last season.

I know stats don't mean anything, and he is highly rated by people who have seen him play more times than me, but I honestly think he is too easy to push off the ball and without players like Bale and Ronaldo around him he will be targeted by the likes of Cattermole in the Prem.

I really hope he doesn't prove me spectacularly wrong in a few weeks time at the KP.

Im really surprised that on-the-field, a club of Man Utds stature can have been run-down so appallingly.

Di Maria is a world-class winger, but the fee is phenomenal!

And, surely they have more important positions to fill than a player who plays primarily as a wing man?

Just look at Drinkwater and James..two players let go by United for peanuts. Well unless I'm missing something, I'd take them over Cleverley/Fletch in a heartbeat.

The keeper isn't bad but not as good as is purported.

They have no defence.

Even RVP looks totally jaded after the World Cup. Finally, Rooney on 300k per week.. the biggest joke in World Football.

Shocking that a club who had been run so well is now looking like no-one has the foggiest idea. Other than throwing money at the problem.

United have one of the worst defences in the league, let alone amongst the teams they are supposed to be challenging. The way they are operating you'd have thought they were a Russian or a Turkish or a Chinese club paying ludicrous amounts to tempt big names to play for someone unfashionable.

I could actually see Nigel Pearson getting the Man Utd job some time in the future

He could probably do it from the team point of view but I don't think he's media friendly enough for Man U.

He could probably do it from the team point of view but I don't think he's media friendly enough for Man U.

I don't think Fergie was that media-friendly, and van Gaal has a habit of sneering at journoes who ask stupid question. So Nigel "Don't fvckin' butt in, I'm talking to 'im" Pearson would sound like the perfect choice.

Mind you, the last manager they lured from City was Frank O'Farrell, which was not exactly a success.

he's a very good player who had a very good season playing in an incredibly good team. it's the fee and the fact united don't need him but need a lot of other players that's got people talking. at one stage the figures being quoted were set to rise above the fee paid for suarez, who's about 10 times as good. and as has been said for 60 odd million you can go out in europe and buy anything up to 4 or 5 top quality defenders, which clearly united need.

seems they're making a "statement" but a pointless one.

Of course they need him, how could they play absolute ****** like Valencia and Young for a whole year lol

Of course they need him, how could they play absolute ****** like Valencia and Young for a whole year lol

but they're seemingly insisting on a 3-5-2, so the two is obviously rvp and rooney, the attacking one of the central midfielders is mata. 

mata

rvp                rooney

looks pretty good, is di maria replacing mata? playing at wing back? playing at centre half? 60 odd million quid that could've been spent a lot better elsewhere addressing problems like the fact they started the opening game of the season with jesse lingard at right wing back. bar the front three the rest of the starting xi wouldn't look out of place in the championship, yet they've spent 60 million on... the front three? cracking idea. 

The most striking example of Ferguson's powers I have seen:

Man Utd
  • 01 De Gea
  • 03 Evra
  • 04 Jones
  • 06 Evans
  • 12 Smalling
  • 08 Anderson (Giggs - 68' )
  • 17 Nani (Park Ji-sung - 68' )
  • 18 Young
  • 23 Cleverley
  • 10 Rooney
  • 19 Welbeck (Hernandez - 35' )

This is the Man Utd team that beat Arsenal 8-2.

Unbelievably average. Anderson and Cleverley in the middle  lol

I wouldn't want us to! £12m is ridiculous for a player like Rhodes

Not talking about how much he Is worth, or how much bids are, but Rhodes scored goals in League One. Everyone questioned a huge price tag which Blackburn payed for him. He scored goals in the Championship. Personally, I'd like to see him in the Premier League. He obviously knows how to score goals. I'd have liked it to be him through on goal at Chelsea and not Nugent.

Archived