Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

Premier League atmosphere

Very excited about SK1. Hopefully L, K and the Union Fs section can combine to enourage the rest of the ground to find its voice.

Aways will vary a lot I think. Can sadly see a few "tourist" type away days at the bigger grounds full of half scarf ****** in our end. Hope I'm wrong though and we give a good account of ourselves on the road every week.

Very excited about SK1. Hopefully L, K and the Union Fs section can combine to enourage the rest of the ground to find its voice.

Aways will vary a lot I think. Can sadly see a few "tourist" type away days at the bigger grounds full of half scarf ****** in our end. Hope I'm wrong though and we give a good account of ourselves on the road every week.

We'll sell out at most grounds (I think) Prem away ends are smaller than most championship ones

Guest MattP

It's gonna be awful apart from L1 and SK1. We all know it.

I don't think any clubs atmosphere has improved going up divisions unfortunately.

Goal celebrations are going to be better, imagine the scenes when we snatch a late winner against one of the big boys.

Or even better, last day of the season, snatching a last minute 8th against Man. City, to win us the Prem and relegate Derby.

(How is that for delusion Stoke fans?)  :ph34r:

It'll get better, if only because it can hardly get worse.

For the last decade we've become used to seeing the ground genuinely full (home and away ends) perhaps once or twice a season. However next season we'll probably average 30k with sell-outs against the top 8 or so sides and full(ish) away ends most weeks. I don't care what people say about plastics - creating an atmosophere is so much easier when you have critical mass.

I think people will be surprised how much we'll get ribbed for the shite goal music, the drum and the choreographed celebrations after we score. Hopefully we'll get rid but I can't see it happening...

It'll get better, if only because it can hardly get worse.

For the last decade we've become used to seeing the ground genuinely full (home and away ends) perhaps once or twice a season. However next season we'll probably average 30k with sell-outs against the top 8 or so sides and full(ish) away ends most weeks. I don't care what people say about - creating an atmosophere is so much easier when you have critical mass.

I think people will be surprised how much we'll get ribbed for the shite goal music, the drum and the choreographed celebrations after we score. Hopefully we'll get rid but I can't see it happening...

A-fvcking-men to that brother. We're going to look like the biggest bunch of small-time cvnts going if that keeps going.

One of the benefits of PL ticket prices is that only single males aged 18-50 can afford them, meaning good away ends for almost everyone. Of course when I say one of I mean probably the only.

Palace were average at best in the Championship and they've somehow wangled a reputation for being the English Dortmund.

I've got a bad feeling it'll replicate the likes of Man City in the cup and Brighton where it was more full.

Though in fairness we did lose both of those games comprehensively.

Our only hopes are both L1 and SK1 and the areas around it being a success.

No Poznan. I beg.

I hate it so much lol

It's shit. It'd be quality if we could pull it off but a thousand tops doing it makes it look dire.

Man City in the cup summed it up to me. "Shall we show you how it's done", whole end doing it within seconds.

Agree with most posters in this thread actually.

All about mindset. I turn up to away games knowing that standing up and singing is the done thing. Since everyone knows what's expected of them in advance there's no difficulty in getting the chants going.

If L and SK1 make their presence felt in the ground each week it'll let fans know we're hear to support the team. More people will come round to the idea that singing and shouting is what you do when you turn up at the KP on a Saturday.

L will bottle it after a few games like they do at home to leeds

You sit in L block don't you Stu why do they bottle it?

Whenever a team bring a big away following L block seem to go quiet. I thought it would go the other way and spurrr the guys in there on. Like you said it happens against Leeds, it happened against Man City and it happened against Cardiff in December 2012.

You sit in L block don't you Stu why do they bottle it?

Whenever a team bring a big away following L block seem to go quiet. I thought it would go the other way and spurrr the guys in there on. Like you said it happens against Leeds, it happened against Man City and it happened against Cardiff in December 2012.

Can't 100% say for definite as I've only been in L1 once but rather than bottling it I think it is completely dependent on the nature of the game. Against Leeds we have been shit on the pitch for years (with the exception of League One which I think is probably in the top 3 atmospheres at the new ground) and consequently L1 hasn't been at its best - magnified only by the fact that Leeds are pretty much the only Championship club to actually bring a noisy mob. Same happened with Man City (well, for a start people were moved) - we conceded early and the whole atmosphere was flat.

Not saying that's right - after all it's the supporters' job to support - but sadly it's a reflection of football fans in general across the country and certainly not specific to us. Hopefully SK1 can make a difference to change this mentality next season.

Archived