Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sykes999

Premier League atmosphere

Heaven forbid it happening but if the club were to stamp out SK1, Union FS should move to J(unless tickets are too expensive) and hopefully it'd be enough reignite L1.

From an away fans perspective.....

L1. Great noise at times but visually not impressive at all, if I'm being honest, I expected to see a few ' lads' but what I saw was a mish mash of older fans, women and gobshites .....

The acoustics don't help either, the only noise heard in the away end is from L1 and the family stand!

You sit in L block don't you Stu why do they bottle it?

Whenever a team bring a big away following L block seem to go quiet. I thought it would go the other way and spurrr the guys in there on. Like you said it happens against Leeds, it happened against Man City and it happened against Cardiff in December 2012.

I do. And I honestly don't know why. A lot of fans on here seem in awe of Leeds for some reason and that reflects in l block. I will fear the worst when teams like Liverpool etc come here especially when they're singing YNWA. Its like we want to be quiet so we can hear them

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but the last time we were in the Prem, it was the second season at what is now the KP, and the atmosphere was sh1te. It may have been because we started in administration, then got out of it, it may have been because we had some not-very-good players, or it may simply have been a hangover from the O'Neill years and a sense of entitlement.

I dunno, but one of my undying memories of that season was against, I think, Everton and standing on my feet screaming for somebody (dunno who) to move into position. And some hairy-faced old tw*t, sitting behind me with a thermos flask on her lap, tapping me on the back and telling me to sit down and be quiet. I am not a violent man, but she came awfully close to wearing her false teeth in her throat.

I think it will be better next season. I just hope that when (as we will) we are losing, the crowd get behind Nigel and the team. They really deserve it.

I don't want to be a party-pooper, but the last time we were in the Prem, it was the second season at what is now the KP, and the atmosphere was sh1te. It may have been because we started in administration, then got out of it, it may have been because we had some not-very-good players, or it may simply have been a hangover from the O'Neill years and a sense of entitlement.

I dunno, but one of my undying memories of that season was against, I think, Everton and standing on my feet screaming for somebody (dunno who) to move into position. And some hairy-faced old tw*t, sitting behind me with a thermos flask on her lap, tapping me on the back and telling me to sit down and be quiet. I am not a violent man, but she came awfully close to wearing her false teeth in her throat.

I think it will be better next season. I just hope that when (as we will) we are losing, the crowd get behind Nigel and the team. They really deserve it.

I think it will be better. Slowly the mind set is changing, more and more people want to stand and this can be seen around the ground, more people want to generate noise and get involved. It's along way from where it can/should be but things are improving.

From an away fans perspective.....

L1. Great noise at times but visually not impressive at all, if I'm being honest, I expected to see a few ' lads' but what I saw was a mish mash of older fans, women and gobshites .....

The acoustics don't help either, the only noise heard in the away end is from L1 and the family stand!

Who do you support?

I think it will be better. Slowly the mind set is changing, more and more people want to stand and this can be seen around the ground, more people want to generate noise and get involved. It's along way from where it can/should be but things are improving.

I agree with this. I think it's slowly growing in England and at Leicester too.

Act your age get a flask!

No expectation and being the underdogs should help.

A lot of the poor atmospheres last few seasons are when we are expected to win and nerves made people quiet when things didn't go to plan, in my opinion

The problem is a lot of the idiots in our support won't see us as underdogs because they know fvck all about football, and will expect us to batter everyone the same way we have this season.

19 home match cup finals, there is something wrong if the atmosphere is not buzzing

lol

Behave. We're Leicester, not fvcking Crawley Town or some shit.

We were underdogs against Man City this season and that was an utterly embarrassing atmosphere.

Man City quietened us down though and put on an ultra professional display that night.

The 2-2 FA Cup tie showed what can happen. Or the 3-2 v Spurs since we were last in the Premiership. The early goal against Man City in the FA cup got the place rocking

Man City quietened us down though and put on an ultra professional display that night.

The 2-2 FA Cup tie showed what can happen. Or the 3-2 v Spurs since we were last in the Premiership. The early goal against Man City in the FA cup got the place rocking

It's also true that it was a cup game and a lot of STHs were displaced. I think that makes a difference too.

I just wished our main singing area wasn't at the back down one of the side stands. There's no opportunity to get an entire end on their feet - which even clubs like Fulham, Norwich, etc. can manage for spells during the game.

It's also true that it was a cup game and a lot of STHs were displaced. I think that makes a difference too.

I just wished our main singing area wasn't at the back down one of the side stands. There's no opportunity to get an entire end on their feet - which even clubs like Fulham, Norwich, etc. can manage for spells during the game.

We may have another singing section next season with massive potential.So don't worry there my old son.

Not the hardest of probs 2 solve....if everyone does their bit then....fingers crossed it should/will catch on. Palace atmosphere is new.iv been pompey 3 times and they were class...we can give our team an extra 10 pts at least next season if we ALL PULL TOGETHER

And you think that isn't going to happen next year?

The team were disappointing but the fans were dreadful that night. If that's what playing the top sides is going to be like then I genuinely have no interest in when they come to town.

You sit in L block don't you Stu why do they bottle it?

Whenever a team bring a big away following L block seem to go quiet. I thought it would go the other way and spurrr the guys in there on. Like you said it happens against Leeds, it happened against Man City and it happened against Cardiff in December 2012.

Blame the drum.

I'm serious.

When the walkers first opened I got season tickets at the back of L1 with a few ex Filbert Street SK1 friends.

L1 was raw and very much like SK 1 in the last few years of Filbert Street, (Except that we had to battle for a few years to get the right to stand).

Then the drum showed up.

People got lazy, waiting for the drum to lead everything.

We moved, couldn't stand that drum.

Get rid of the Poznon?? OK, I can see where that argument is coming from.

In the same vein, GET RID OF THE DRUM.

By the way, loved this season, looking forward to next. COYB.

Archived