Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AKCJ

City's Internationals

Mahrez seems to be playing good. Missed an absolute sitter apparently.

Some comments here

http://www.reddit.com/r/AlgerianFootball/comments/2g0t2v/match_day_algeria_vs_mali9102014/?sort=confidence

I watched most of it, Mahrez hit the post from a free kick which beat the keeper - somewhat unlucky!

He could of had 3/4 different assists from his stunning free kicks into the box, some poor finishing on the receiving end.

I read the reddit and they moaned at his diagonal runs it seems, although they didn't mention how one led to his free kick hitting the post, one led to a very near goal, and one led to their actual goal - so if they want to complain about his style of play, I suggest it be focused on his defensive capabilities which are being highlighted a lot recently.

Best player on the pitch, great runs, great set-piece play, fantastic passing ability, and he got in to some great positions. He should have scored, but being there summed up his game.

• 3 weeks later...

Kasper Schmiechel - Denmark

Wes Morgan - Jamaica

Andy King - Wales

Jeff Schlupp - Ghana

Liam Moore - England U21

Riyad Mahrez - Algeria

Chris Wood - New Zealand

Simonas Stankevicius - Lithuania

Jack Barmby - England U19

Joe Dodoo - England U18

Callum Elder - New Zealand U20

Might as well have somewhere where we can keep up to date with our lads' international appearances. 

Anyone know or have a link to when Elder was called up for New Zealand? I thought him and Robert Paratore were young Aussie hopefuls, I was reading about Paratore a while back he was the Australian young player of the month, hoping I was going to get to see the two of them pull on the green and gold one day.

Anyone know how they are getting on anyway?

Anyone know or have a link to when Elder was called up for New Zealand? I thought him and Robert Paratore were young Aussie hopefuls, I was reading about Paratore a while back he was the Australian young player of the month, hoping I was going to get to see the two of them pull on the green and gold one day.

Anyone know how they are getting on anyway?

eldeer-4-3280-1976465_478x359.jpg
Leicester City Development Squad defender Callum Elder believes his side can move on from their disappointing start to the season following a credible 1-1 draw with Chelsea on Saturday.
The Foxes trailed at half time to a superb solo goal from Isaiah Brown but Gary Taylor-Fletcher equalised just after the break to secure a first point of the season for Steve Beaglehole’s youngsters. 

And enjoying playing in front of a City crowd at King Power Stadium, Elder hopes his side can turn the first team’s hunting ground into a fortress. 

Speaking exclusively to Foxes Player after the win, he said: “It was a great result, we had a game plan from the start and we stuck to it. 

“We played well, looked solid at the back and had a good shape. 

“We probably had the best chances to go on and win it so it was a massive boost from the result at Norwich. 

“King Power Stadium is great – it’s always good to play there. The first team are up in the Premier League now and this is their home fortress so to play there and to get a result was good. 

“We want to get points and not lose at our own ground and we did that today.” 

A left back by trade, Elder played slightly out of position at centre-half with Academy full back Ben Chilwell slotting in on the left, putting in an impressive performance for the Foxes. 

Elder, who enjoyed his role on the night and his battle with goal scorer Brown, credited Chilwell for his performance. 

He continued: “He had a great game – it’s never easy especially playing at the stadium against a big club like Chelsea but he didn’t look out of place. 

“He got forward and defended well – he was a great addition to the side. 

“Playing at centre back was alright – I shifted in there because one of the boys pulled up with an injury in training. 

“I was happy with the way I played – I’ve played a few games there so it wasn’t a new position to me. 

“I played in a great back four alongside Alie Sesay so it went well. “Brown is obviously a big name player after signing from West Brom. 

“It was tough at times but I think me and Alie dealt with him well. He scored a worldie which is hard to keep out but other than that we restricted his movement and I thought we did well.” 

And Elder admitted his side will be frustrated to not have a league game for three weeks given the forthcoming international break. 

But thankful to be off the mark, he added: “It’s frustrating, we haven’t had the greatest of results in our first three games so it was great to get a point today. 

“Unfortunately we’ve got an international break now but we’ve just got to take the positives from it and get our fitness up within the squad and bounce back. 

“We’ve got Sunderland in our next league game so hopefully we can go up there and get the three points.”

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/290914-result-a-massive-boost-for-elder-1976477.aspx#LfYe8uw352ulcCLS.99

Leicester City defender Liam Moore has again been called up to the England Under-21 squad after continuing his impressive start to the season for Nigel Pearson’s men.

He will join up with Gareth Southgate’s 23-man squad for the first leg of their European Championship qualifier play-off against Croatia on Friday 10 October at Wolverhampton Wanderers’ Molineux Stadium. 

Moore played 90 minutes for the young Lions in both the 1-0 victory over Lithuania and the 3-0 win over Moldova in early September. 

The Academy graduate has created a productive partnership with captain Wes Morgan at the heart of the Foxes’ defence so far this season and will look to do so with his countrymen when they face the in-form Croatians in just over a weeks’ time. 

The return leg will be played in Vinkovci on Tuesday 14 October. 

England’s full squad is as follows: 

Goalkeepers:

Jonathan Bond (Watford), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Sam Johnstone (Manchester United). 

Defenders:

Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Luke Garbutt (Everton), Ben Gibson (Middlesbrough), Carl Jenkinson (West Ham United, on loan from Arsenal), Michael Keane (Burnley, on loan from Manchester United), Jamaal Lascelles (Nottingham Forest, on loan from Newcastle United), Liam Moore (Leicester City), Luke Shaw (Manchester United). 

Midfielders:

Lewis Baker (Chelsea), Tom Carroll (Swansea City, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Will Hughes (Derby County), Thomas Ince (Hull City), Alex Pritchard (Brentford, on loan from Tottenham Hotspur), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City). 

Forwards:

Patrick Bamford (Middlesbrough, on loan from Chelsea), Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion), Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham).

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/021014-moore-called-up-for-england-u21s-1984073.aspx#fEFcCvVMXszT5v0w.99

Ghana's away game is in guinea so not much extra travelling for jeff. However, algeria have to go to Malawi so a long trip for Riyadh. Given the dreadful first half at stoke, I expect neither player will feature at Newcastle. does Nigel therefore pick them both Saturday as they will miss the next game or choose others to provide continuity on the assumption we will get a positive result?

Ghana's away game is in guinea so not much extra travelling for jeff. However, algeria have to go to Malawi so a long trip for Riyadh. Given the dreadful first half at stoke, I expect neither player will feature at Newcastle. does Nigel therefore pick them both Saturday as they will miss the next game or choose others to provide continuity on the assumption we will get a positive result?

They'll probably both play on Saturday in a win, then come back and start at Newcastle as Pearson makes that same mistake again where he doesn't change a winning team.

Archived