Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

You have no idea whether Redknapp is simply saying it how it was?

I don't have a clue. But it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

This World Cup has finally resulted in my loss of interest in the England side.

I think they are overpaid underachievers and the game against Costa Rica is pointless. I almost hope we lose and I would have never have said that about an England side. I think I'd rather Costa Rica celebrate another good performance than we win.

haha you're fast becoming one of the biggest muppets on ft.

haha you're fast becoming one of the biggest muppets on ft.

Nope, I'm being genuine. After the rubbish we've seen I would not be at all bothered if we lose to Costa Rica. In fact, it might make the FA take the problem more seriously. I doubt it though.

How old are you? 17? Come back to me when you've seen England crash out of as many world cups as I have. If you can tear yourself away from watching videos of One Direction.

:thumbup:

Nope, I'm being genuine. After the rubbish we've seen I would not be at all bothered if we lose to Costa Rica. In fact, it might make the FA take the problem more seriously. I doubt it though.

How old are you? 17? Come back to me when you've seen England crash out of as many world cups as I have.

No mate I'm 21. It's more to do with the fact you often shoot people down if their opinion doesn't agree with yours. It seems it's your way or no way. 

Sorry mate.

Yours was a super post and to be honest, I agreed with every word of it.

Now doing something about it is a different matter....

There have been changes made at base level and we've recently won the U17 Euro's or something along those lines I think.... so maybe in the next 5 years we might start to see some players coming through.

Hence the word often in my post

hahaha what an odd edit to your post. You question my age and post a comment like that? haha

Try to have your own opinions on stuff Tom. Put yourself there to be shot at. It's more interesting than following the pack. Take the Redknapp comments for example. He'll be shot down simply because it's him making them. Very few will actually consider he may have a point and if so, how interesting that might be.

It's easier simply to be a sheep and join in on the anti-Arry campaign.

Try to have your own points of view on things buddy.

Try to have your own opinions on stuff Tom. Put yourself there to be shot at. It's more interesting than following the pack. Take the Redknapp comments for example. He'll be shot down simply because it's him making them. Very few will actually consider he may have a point and if so, how interesting that might be.

Have my opinion or you don't really have an opinion at all you sheep.

haha I do chap! My opinion is that Redknapp's a complete and utter muppet, I'm not swayed by anyone else if that's what you're suggesting.

On topic, as for Hodgson, I think he should stay. It's the most exciting we've played for as long as I can remember. Give it a few years and we'll be back, the future looks bright.

haha I do chap! My opinion is that Redknapp's a complete and utter muppet, I'm not swayed by anyone else if that's what you're suggesting.

On topic, as for Hodgson, I think he should stay. It's the most exciting we've played for as long as I can remember. Give it a few years and we'll be back, the future looks bright.

The final sentence is possibly the most oft-used following each time the country has crashed out of a World Cup. As I said, when you've seen it (and heard what you've just said) as many times as I have, it may make you more sceptical.

The main time such a phrase was used was when the so-called 'Golden Generation' of players were coming through.

And nothing changed. In fact, we got worse!

Just because you might not like Redknapp, it doesn't mean you have to laff off what he says without a second thought. Or, in your case, it clearly does.

Finally, regarding Hodgson.. Yeah he should stay. Not because he's any better than what we've had for decades. But because it make a no sense to go for yet another change.

The problem is much bigger than the manager, as Pablo pointed out.

The final sentence is possibly hue most oft-used following each time the country has crashed out of a World Cup. As I said, when you've seen it (and heard what you've just said) as many times as I have, it may make you more sceptical.

The main time such a phrase was used was when the so-called 'Golden Generation' of players were coming through.

And nothing changed. In fact, we got worse!

Just because you might not like Redknapp, it doesn't mean you have to laff off what he says without a second thought. Or, in your case, it clearly does.

Well it's not though is it? I don't think anyone after the WC 2010 thought the future looked bright. That was the end of the so called 'golden generation' with no sign of any of the new up and coming talent i.e. sterling, barkley etc.

What? I 'laugh off what he says' because he speaks complete and utter tripe. The blokes a complete muppet. I really don't understand your infatuation with him.

I agree the problem runs much deeper than the team and manager, but change is much easier said than done.

Well it's not though is it? I don't think anyone after the WC 2010 thought the future looked bright. That was the end of the so called 'golden generation' with no sign of any of the new up and coming talent i.e. sterling, barkley etc.

What? I 'laugh off what he says' because he speaks complete and utter tripe. The blokes a complete muppet. I really don't understand your infatuation with him.

I agree the problem runs much deeper than the team and manager, but change is much easier said than done.

I contend ridiculous assertions about a person ( in this case Redknapp) rather than defending the person themselves. I have no love for Redknapp. But I defend some of the crap that is written about a bloke who makes me laff, seems to get on well with most players and who has had a particularly successful career. Also, a bloke who IN MY OPINION, would have done a decent job as England manager. You don't like that? Frankly, I don't give a shite..

You bang the drum about 'infatuation' if you so wish. From my perspective, writing such dross as that makes YOU one of the biggest muppets on here.

I contend ridiculous assertions about a person ( in this case Redknapp) rather than defending the person themselves. I have no love for Redknapp. But I defend some of the crap that is written about a bloke who makes me laff, seems to get on well with most players and who has had a particularly successful career. Also, a bloke who IN MY OPINION, would have done a decent job as England manager. You don't like that? Frankly, I don't give a shite..

You bang the drum about 'infatuation' if you so wish. From my perspective, writing such dross as that makes YOU one of the biggest muppets on here.

I respect your opinion mate even if I strongly disagree, just be nice to see you respect others for a change. I take you calling me a muppet with a pinch of salt when you brought up one direction earlier haha but hey ho, it's been a pleasure!  :thumbup:

I respect your opinion mate even if I strongly disagree, just be nice to see you respect others for a change. I take you calling me a muppet with a pinch of salt when you brought up one direction earlier haha but hey ho, it's been a pleasure! :thumbup:

lol

Couldn't resist the One Difection comment mate. Should it be Bieber?

Take care bud..

People can have their own points of view on a subject and, maybe, some will have similar views. It doesn't make them sheep.

I'm not going to change my view because some other posters have the same and it might look as though I'm following a crowd.

Roy Hodgson shouldn't be England manager and Harry Redknapp definitely shouldn't be the England manager. 

We shouldn't accept mediocrity in this country and for me, either of these two managing England is accepting mediocrity. 

Worryingly for myself, I have just watched the World Cup verdict on Sky and Phil Thompson has pretty much echoed everything I said a couple of days ago in the way Hodgson has set this England side up. :unsure:

Not a fan of Redknapp whatsoever but what he's claiming wouldn't surprise me one bit. Is it his place to say though?

Of course not, I'd suggest he's probably trying to undermine hodgsons authority, because he's still bitter that the fa saw him for what he was - overrated tripe.

Archived