Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

Of course not, I'd suggest he's probably trying to undermine hodgsons authority, because he's still bitter that the fa saw him for what he was - overrated tripe.

I really do wonder (honestly) where all the vitriol comes from?

So many people seem to have such hatred of so many things..

What has Redknapp ever done to Leicester City fans, or members of Foxes Talk?

As far as I can see, Harry Redknapp has had a good, solid career in football. He has led Portsmouth to the FA Cup for the only time in their history (some feat that!) and yes, spent plenty of money but, I've said before, who is the fool? The manager who spends the money or the Board who allows him to do so? (See Sven).

He took Tottenham to the Champions League for the first time in years and they've not been there since. As far as I could see, AVB spent more money at Spurs than Arry ever did.

Now he's just taken QPR up at the first time of asking, yes, via the back door, but he achieved his aim nonetheless. I recollect many on here, approx two thirds through the season, claiming that he'd fooked it up. Well he didn't.

Redknapp has given nothing but praise to Pearson and City for playing so well and running away with the division.

Finally, re. The alleged financial misdemeanours.. Innocent till proven guilty. The FACT is that all charges were dropped..whatever people's opinions were both at the time and now.

So, where does the intense hatred come from? Jealousy? A dislike of Cockneys? Saggy eyes? Wanting to be liked by your mates for taking the piss? I dunno?

But I've read so much nonsense along the lines of 'over-rated tripe' and God knows what else.. So much 'off the cuff' disdain for Redknapp that I simply don't get it?

One final time.. I'm not purposefully defending Redknapp due to some undying love for him. That's nonsensical. But to say that this bloke is in some way 'over-rated', well by whom? The media like him because he gives interesting chat and has a good-looking son. As far as I can see, he's done very well in football. I tell you this in all sincerity. In terms of charisma and the ability to motivate a bunch of players, give me Redknapp over Hodgson every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So many people seem to have such hatred of so many things..

What has Redknapp ever done to Leicester City fans, or members of Foxes Talk?

As far as I can see, Harry Redknapp has had a good, solid career in football. He has led Portsmouth to the FA Cup for the only time in their history (some feat that!) and yes, spent plenty of money but, I've said before, who is the fool? The manager who spends the money or the Board who allows him to do so? (See Sven).

He took Tottenham to the Champions League for the first time in years and they've not been there since. As far as I could see, AVB spent more money at Spurs than Arry ever did.

Now he's just taken QPR up at the first time of asking, yes, via the back door, but he achieved his aim nonetheless. I recollect many on here, approx two thirds through the season, claiming that he'd fooked it up. Well he didn't.

Redknapp has given nothing but praise to Pearson and City for playing so well and running away with the division.

Finally, re. The alleged financial misdemeanours.. Innocent till proven guilty. The FACT is that all charges were dropped..whatever people's opinions were both at the time and now.

So, where does the intense hatred come from? Jealousy? A dislike of Cockneys? Saggy eyes? I dunno?

But I've read so much nonsense along the lines of 'over-rated tripe' and God knows what else.. So much 'off the cuff' disdain for Redknapp that I simply don't get it?

One final time.. I'm not purposefully defending Redknapp due to some undying love for him. That's nonsensical. But to say that this bloke is in some way 'over-rated', well by whom? The media like him because he gives interesting chat and has a good-looking son. As far as I can see, he's done very well in football. I tell you this in all sincerity. In terms of charisma and the ability to motivate a bunch of players, give me Redknapp over Hodgson every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Portsmouth have won two FA Cups and two league titles.

I don't have an intense hatred, just a weariness at the God-like figure some members of the press have made him out to be because he talks a lot and gives them what they want. No jealousy at all, he's done very well out of football, as have many, if he had some bottle he might've joined Leicester in our hour of need and saved us from relegation in 2001, then we might have thousands of our fans loving him for his success and man management ability.

My issue is that his success is blown up and eulogised over, his failures glossed over or excused. Couldn't keep Southampton up, couldn't keep QPR up, No one could, they said. He gets an easy ride (as does Hodgson, I will admit).

I don't think there is anything wrong with Hodgson's motivational side, tactical maybe but the players seem to like him and the way he operates.

Portsmouth have won two FA Cups and two league titles.

I don't have an intense hatred, just a weariness at the God-like figure some members of the press have made him out to be because he talks a lot and gives them what they want. No jealousy at all, he's done very well out of football, as have many, if he had some bottle he might've joined Leicester in our hour of need and saved us from relegation in 2001, then we might have thousands of our fans loving him for his success and man management ability.

My issue is that his success is blown up and eulogised over, his failures glossed over or excused. Couldn't keep Southampton up, couldn't keep QPR up, No one could, they said. He gets an easy ride (as does Hodgson, I will admit).

I don't think there is anything wrong with Hodgson's motivational side, tactical maybe but the players seem to like him and the way he operates.

Good post Corky and I bow to your greater Knowledge of all things Pompey.

That's what I mean. What you've written there is worth reading, though I don't agree with you on Hodgson.

:thumbup:

Col do you genuinely believe Arry knew nothing about the account in his dogs name?

I have no idea.

But you will seemingly choose to believe something because it helps to shape and justify your view. How many people go through life with no skeletons in their closet Matt? Let he without sin casteth the first stone.

Guest MattP

Which, as usual, means the ass-end of nothing.

:thumbup:

Well it does Col if you understand what I'm getting at.

And I don't not believe him because it shapes my view of him.

And I don't believe him as I find it impossible to think he didn't know about a bank account in his dogs name that was hiding money away from the tax man and funnelling it into his own account.

If you genuinely think he didn't fair play, just hope if I'm ever in court you are on the jury!

Well it does Col if you understand what I'm getting at.

And I don't not believe him because it shapes my view of him.

And I don't believe him as I find it impossible to think he didn't know about a bank account in his dogs name that was hiding money away from the tax man and funnelling it into his own account.

If you genuinely think he didn't fair play, just hope if I'm ever in court you are on the jury!

The jury acquitted him Matt. Not much else to say really unless you are accusing the jury of corruption too?

Do you make such accusations very often?

Guest MattP

The jury acquitted him Matt. Not much else to say really unless you are accusing the jury of corruption too?

Do you make such accusations very often?

Acquitting someone doesn't always mean you believed their defence.

As Grandad says, the Gerrard case being a prime example.

He did his best to kill a football club through reckless spending while at pompey, he's a tax-dodging twat and gets worshipped by the media despite not being a particularly good manager, unless he has an open cheque book. He can spend money, that's all he's good at.

Never been a fan of Hodge bodge son....took forever to bring in a few younger players, who have player pretty good prem / euro football......yet gives Gerrard / Lampard / Jaggy / Johnson game time.....ill name them 4 as for me they just havent done it for England, they play great for there clubs, loads of pride, etc but Ger / Lam just havent been the great captain we need. Theres a wealth of young english talent that could be given a chance.....if we are going to say "oh well this world cup was a transition" then completely overall the squad, management too....

Awful tactics throughout the campaign. Took promising players and got absolutely nothing out of them. Can't see what Hodgson brings to the party. Might as well have a selection panel like they do in the cricket, or even just put it to a public vote. Of course he's not the first to fail with England, but he has enjoyed the lowest levels of expectation in living memory, and still come up woefully short. Sack him.

Hodgson in.

Twattish England fans with over inflated expectations out.

It's not that. It's just that we don't look convincing or clinical under Hodgson. I don't think he's tactically brilliant. 

Gary Neville and Glenn Hoddle talk more sense than Hodgson. Yes, I'm being serious.

Guest ttfn

It's not that. It's just that we don't look convincing or clinical under Hodgson. I don't think he's tactically brilliant.

Gary Neville and Glenn Hoddle talk more sense than Hodgson. Yes, I'm being serious.

Gary Neville is part of the England setup.

If he is really thinking differently and unable to get his points across to Hodgson then he's just as much to blame.

And if Hodgson is being pig headed and not listening to him (seems unlikely) then Neville should have resigned.

Hodgson in.

Twattish England fans with over inflated expectations out.

Again, you're acceptance of such dross is almost becoming a part of the culture.

3.5 million quid a year for THAT. And did you hear his interview afterwards?

Disgraceful. I'm proud of my country and don't mind saying that I'm angry with what I've seen.

Again, you're acceptance of such dross is almost becoming a part of the culture.

3.5 million quid a year for THAT. And did you hear his interview afterwards?

Disgraceful. I'm proud of my country and don't mind saying that I'm angry with what I've seen.

We need stability, a direction and at the moment we don't have either... we have potentially some class players coming through and I feel hodgson can get the most out of them. Sacking him isn't going to achieve anything

Archived