Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Manwell Pablo

Hodgson Out?

Guest ttfn

Give us your view on something. Something worth reading and not just a lot of hot air and accusations. We've had this conversation before... you don't phase me.

:thumbup:

The post below is the post you are quoting.

Hodgson isn't perfect but to sack him would be ludicrous. This whole tournament has been a transition tournament for us. It doesn't surprise me at all that Col is the ringleader of a witch hunt against another manager.

lol

You're refreshingly passionate about our World Cup demise buddy. Good to see. And I agree.

:thumbup:

Yeah I know! I care about the Country and I don't believe that the current manager has the quality to deliver. Backed up by our embarrassing early exit and ridiculous one point. Maybe I have gone far with the Ings point, but I'm just frustrated at those three performances (ok today was a little better, but hardly "something to cheer about"). 

The post below is the post you are quoting.

ANOTHER transition tournament?

When do we get to the one which isn't a transition one?

This thing about Hodgson bringing through the youth is hot air. I would estimate (MC will clear this up) that the average age of our squad was about 27? Ie. Players in their prime? On average...

Won't the next one be more of a 'transition'.. there should be more younger players good enough to play?

When does 'transition' end and 'right, this is it' start?

Genuine question?

Yeah I know! I care about the Country and I don't believe that the current manager has the quality to deliver. Backed up by our embarrassing early exit and ridiculous one point. Maybe I have gone far with the Ings point, but I'm just frustrated at those three performances (ok today was a little better, but hardly "something to cheer about").

So am I mate. I'm angry that so many yet again (I must have heard it ten times in my lifetime) scurry around, trying to find excuses for our poor performances, use phrases like 'transition' when we simply have just failed again. And to top it all, Hodgson comes out with the bollox he did.

Many people look forward to us making a real fist of tournaments such as this.

Imagine this evening's game if it was one we had to win.

I feel let down as a passionate supporter of my country. I would have respected Roy if he had come out with honesty and truth.. maybe even an apology.

The culture of failure appears to be embedded in many these days, and just accepted with some excuse.

This thing about Hodgson bringing through the youth is hot air. I would estimate (MC will clear this up) that the average age of our squad was about 27? Ie. Players in their prime? On average...

Won't the next one be more of a 'transition'.. there should be more younger players good enough to play?

Genuine question?

I didn't call, Euro 2012, WC2010, WC2006, Euro 2004, WC2002, Euro 2000, WC98 has a transition tournament... this one was, purely for the fact that this team hadn't played together and around half of the side had only really burst onto the scene within the last few months...

Henderson

Barkley

Ox

Sterling

Sturridge

Shaw

Baines

Cahill

Jagielka

Hart

Ect...

haven't been involved in a World Cup ever... and must had never played in a major international

Genuine question?

Another what are you talking about, the last two world cups there were quite alot hype surrounding the fact we had a genuine chance of winning. I do agree with the youth point, for an incredibly youthful side of new faces I only see Sterling and Hendo being given a start that I would consider youth. That's not counting today just incase somebody picks me up on that point considering today's match was essentially a glorified friendly. 

Guest ttfn

Genuine question?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just pointing out that post was a bit odd when he had made a point.

Genuine question?

The last one wasn't, but people went so over the top about negative football (based on the Italy game) that Hodgson was forced to go against his usual ways to try and satisfy the press. We had organisation and discipline in Euro 2012 but now everyone wants the kids and attacking football, which is fine, but has the potential to go wrong with new players (Shaw, Barkley, Sterling only really emerged this season).

I'm not really bothered if Hodgson stays any more, we could get someone else and I doubt things will be a lot different. Hodgson's made mistakes and needs to learn from them, sadly there is no one better out there.

Fully expecting him to be replaced. And rightly so. We need need to build for the next world cup, using the euros as a yard stick. Need a young manager with fresh ideas to pick 23 guys now and work with them

Another what are you talking about, the last two world cups there were quite alot hype surrounding the fact we had a genuine chance of winning. I do agree with the youth point, for an incredibly youthful side of new faces I only see Sterling and Hendo being given a start that I would consider youth. That's not counting today just incase somebody picks me up on that point considering today's match was essentially a glorified friendly.

Not being rude and I'll let the 'Col and Witchunt' thing go (I don't expect any more from you to be honest) but why was this tournament a 'transition'?

Hodgson has been England manager for two years (am I right..) He's worked with the players, knew what his starting 11 was months ago (by his own admission), has decided his tactics and his formations.

He has players at his disposal that are supposedly in their prime (Rooney, Sturridge, Lallana, Jo Hart), has a couple of older guys (like most of the squads at the World Cup) and a few younger 'starlets' (again, like most of the squads at the World Cup).

Why 'transition'? From what, to what?

For me, that sounds like hot air.

For transition, read 'a big fook up'.

It's no witch hunt against Roy, its what I think.

No progress made. No clear strategy. Confused tactics. There really isn't too much positive to take from this world cup.

If we keep him then it's a clear statement that we're happy with mediocrity.

Not being rude and I'll let the 'Col and Witchunt' thing go (I don't expect any more from you to be honest) but why was this tournament a 'transition'?

Hodgson has been England manager for two years (am I right..) He's worked with the players, knew what his starting 11 was months ago (by his own admission), has decided his tactics and his formations.

He has players at his disposal that are supposedly in their prime (Rooney, Sturridge, Lallana, Jo Hart), has a couple of older guys (like most of the squads at the World Cup) and a few younger 'starlets' (again, like most of the squads at the World Cup).

Why 'transition'? From what, to what?

For me, that sounds like hot air.

For transition, read 'a big fook up'.

It's no witch hunt against Roy, its what I think.

Honestly the witchhunt thing was just a joke. the transition from the old to the new, we've pretty much relied on the old guard for the past two world cups. I'm honestly neither a fan or a hater of Hodgson, but I honestly can't see us doing any better with a change of manager. The talent pool is the problem rather than the manager, 

Honestly the witchhunt thing was just a joke. the transition from the old to the new, we've pretty much relied on the old guard for the past two world cups. I'm honestly neither a fan or a hater of Hodgson, but I honestly can't see us doing any better with a change of manager. The talent pool is the problem rather than the manager,

Personally, I think it's both. The talent pool is possibly the worst for many years AND Hodgson overall, has been far less impressive than I thought he might be. His interview, post match, was poor. Very poor.

Personally, I think it's both. The talent pool is possibly the worst for many years AND Hodgson overall, has been far less impressive than I thought he might be. His interview, post match, was poor. Very poor.

The job he did at the Euros has slightly put me on the fence, I admire his intentions to play positive football but they really didn't pay off. At the end of the day it's looking more likely that he will depart after Euro 2016 anyway so we might as well just give him another two years, a managerial change will not have that much of an effect on the squad we currently have. The way we've played in the world cup feels like a different system to what we've been used to under Hodgson which I think was probably the reason we've been underwhelming, I just think we should give it a bit more time rather than sacking him and bringing in another guy who will probably suffer the same fate.

The job he did at the Euros has slightly put me on the fence, I admire his intentions to play positive football but they really didn't pay off. At the end of the day it's looking more likely that he will depart after Euro 2016 anyway so we might as well just give him another two years, a managerial change will not have that much of an effect on the squad we currently have. The way we've played in the world cup feels like a different system to what we've been used to under Hodgson which I think was probably the reason we've been underwhelming, I just think we should give it a bit more time rather than sacking him and bringing in another guy who will probably suffer the same fate.

It might surprise you, but I tend to agree. However, a bit more time wouldn't do any good really. If we are sticking with him, let's just stick with him until after the Euro's. That's as much about I have no idea who to replace him with as thinking he'll somehow turn us around. But let's see.

So how did Hodgson finally come to the realisation today that we have to play 3 central midfielders, not 2 like he did in the first two games which lead to us being massively exposed. 

Everyone else notice the Lampard role today? He had Barkley and Wilshire (both who played really well for me, especially Wilshire) infront of him pressing the ball, that eventually freed Lampard to be the controller in midfielder. England should have been playing that from game one. Disappointed in the lack of brains from Gerrard personally not to have put his foot down as Captain and tell Hodgson it wasn't working, especially going into the Uruguay game where it mattered more than ever. 

I have said a few times in this thread and across the forum that I think Hodgson is out of his depth, we have the best group of young players we have had in a long time in this country, never in my lifetime have we had so many youngsters looking to take our country forward. I don't think Hodgson is the man to develop them into an international side, I think the man is very limited in what he knows, people will disagree with that and that's fair enough. 

Do people really think because we now have a group of younger players we have somehow progressed since Euro 2012? Seriously how have we progressed in any way? We have always been strong in qualifying campaigns, bar Euro 2008 qualification and no offence we made pretty hard work of our qualifying campaign. 

Roy never knew where to play his best players, doesn't it seem have the balls to bring the under performing players off when it isn't working and in two years hasn't been able to put his stamp on the team. 

I just think with actual talents in Barkley, Sterling, Wilshire, Henderson, Shaw, Sturridge and The Ox they deserve someone in charge of them internationally with more of a clue than Roy Hodgson, who incidentally now after today's draw has a lower win % than Steve Maclaren. 

my only question is if not Roy who? I cannot think of a decent replacement, it would probably be 'Arry but is he tactically aware enough to manage at that level? and seriously who else is there?

Playing and scoring against the best sides in this country, as Sturridge has done, is a bit different to scoring v Barnsley and Yeovil.

Throwing Championship players in is not a good idea and will not improve England one bit.

It isn't, but broadening our horizons is something we definitely need to do. Curtis Davies, Joel Ward etc... other countries would see the very solid seasons they've had and would consider them for selection because we don't have strength in their positions. England? The entire suggestion would be laughed off - think about it, why?

It's like when POTM comes on bleating on about Uruguay having 'someone who can't get in West Brom's team as their captain' - very true, so why are they going through (again) and outperforming us (again)?

It isn't, but broadening our horizons is something we definitely need to do. Curtis Davies, Joel Ward etc... other countries would see the very solid seasons they've had and would consider them for selection because we don't have strength in their positions. England? The entire suggestion would be laughed off - think about it, why?

It's like when POTM comes on bleating on about Uruguay having 'someone who can't get in West Brom's team as their captain' - very true, so why are they going through (again) and outperforming us (again)?

The two players who went as back up to Miami were players taken in the same positions Joel Ward and Curtis Davies play? So that is why they weren't considered. 

Let this sink in now people, Roy Hodgson now has a lower win % rate than Steve McClaren. 

The two players who went as back up to Miami were players taken in the same positions Joel Ward and Curtis Davies play? So that is why they weren't considered. 

Let this sink in now people, Roy Hodgson now has a lower win % rate than Steve McClaren. 

What kind of a comparison is that? Hodgson has about a dozen more games to his name.

Anything to detract from the Suárez incident, eh? lol

Archived